1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exploration

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by jamiebhoy67, Apr 6, 2018.

Discuss Exploration in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jamiebhoy67

Any of you lot know any decent places to go exploring glasgow and surrounding areas extra interest if haunted abandoned haha prefer at most an hour or 2 away driving

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Govan, lots of zombies there.

3. jamiebhoy67

Dont wanna indulge in delusional * mate

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I always wanted to get into Gartloch Insane Asylum, but I think its been converted into houses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Bangour Village Hospital is the best thing for 'urban exploration' near me. We used to get in the abandoned villas and wards when we were younger, security is tight now but if you're ever out West Lothian way it's worth an hour's walk round. Was a hospital during both world wars, burns unit, then held mental patients. Was used to film scenes in the film 'The Jacket' with Adrien Brody and Kiera Knightley.

Due to be converted as well but would I * be staying in any of the buildings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty cool.

Rendog, LV426 and Doogs. like this.
  6. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Love old * like this.

8. LV426 Guest

i walk the dog around this place regularly, really creepy, you should read the history of the place and what its original purpose was. it was way ahead of its time for mental health but still not a pleasant place to be a resident.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Broomhill Hospital in Kirkie.

If it's still there. People with incurable diseases were sent here to live out the rest of their lives. Went years ago(probably about 10) but never got in the building.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Really cool man.

Remember when I used to go up regularly there was an old pool table in One of the top floor villas. We always wanted to try and get up to it. :giggle1:

Do you stay round about?

11. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

are you about to go ghost hunting? :D

12. LV426 Guest

About 8 miles west, great place to walk the dog but it is really creepy. could be mistaken but on one occassion i was walking the dog and there was a couple walking about 80 m in front of me, they went round a bend and suddenly they were not there. i walked on and there was no obvious routes away from the main route. guy had long shorts on and the woman a long coat. didn't seem strange at the time but the more i think of it their dress was so different to be out walking together. the old church is a fantastic structure as is most of the villas and buildings. the village was based on a village in leipzig where the authorities attempted to mimic village life to get mental patients ready to get back into everyday life. it had shops, buses, sports facilities, even a rail link. the sports field and bowling green would have been excellent in their day.very sad when you read the history of the place and what went on in the place and some of the treatments. some real dangerous characters were residents but they were kept in the high security units that i understand were up round about the bowling green area. security go round the site but are really pretty good, they will not bother you unless you attempt to enter one of the buildings or go into a dangerous area.

attached the wiki link for anyone who is interested, really nice place to have a walk round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangour_Village_Hospital

13. Div

One place I tend to visit at night is the Kelpies.
    Cracking as it's all lit up, I park at the Falkirk stadium and head across from there, honestly you should go have a look if you are looking for somewhere to go.