1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Roberts!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by AJ Styles, Jan 24, 2016.

Discuss Patrick Roberts! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PR: "It was the longest four months of my life. It was great to get back out there but shame about the result."

PR: "It’s been tough. I came back about a month ago and it’s been about getting the fitness and match sharpness back I had before I got injured. I have worked hard to get where I am and hopefully I can kick on now.

PR: “I have felt good in the training the last few weeks and I knew I would get on at some point. I was trying my best to get a goal but the bar got me today."

PR: "To miss those (big) games is disappointing but if you get injured you have to miss some games. Working hard to stay fit and finish the season strongly is the task

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wee signs of what we've missed..

Was almost an extended Paddy day..

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Glad to see him back. Hopefully gets enough game time now.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Great to have him back. Unlucky with the one that hit the bar.

5. TheHappyLoss

Has the vision to unlock defences like today that most lack. Think we'd see less stuffy resistance with Paddy in the team

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Raoul Duke and The IRA like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE timing of the international break has been frustrating for Patrick Roberts, who made his return to first-team action against Motherwell before having to wait almost two weeks for Celtic’s next fixture.
    But the 21-year-old is in a good position to help the team out, with his freshness in the latter stages of the season sure to be a boost to a Celtic squad where some of the players have already played closed to 60 games in this campaign.
    Speaking exclusively to this week's Celtic View, Roberts said: “Some of the lads coming back might need rested and that gives me a chance to start and get some more game-time in. We still have good training sessions here and then we can have the chance to go back home and see family before coming back again.
    “You can be more refreshed. Going away with your respective country is always good, but at the same time it can be tiring with all the travel.
    “Myself and some of the other boys are coming back from injuries now while others have played a huge number of games, so it’s good timing for the team.
    “As the end of the season approaches a lot of the boys will be tired, especially boys like Kieran and Broony who have played an incredible number of games. They’ve played nearly every game this season. That can fatigue you a lot but credit to them and the staff here because they’re sharp and getting the job done each week.
    “You train every day regardless, so it can be quite tiring on top of the really busy season that the boys have had. I’ll be fresh and with the game that’s just played, I feel like I can jump straight back into the action for our next game.”

Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really hope to see him soon. I love Forrest's transformation and what's more important about him is he's a Celtic player for life now I would say.

Still though, I love Paddy's inventiveness and the way he can create a buzz amongst the rest of the players by linking up making runs only he and his team mate can see. I love that about excellent players, they can give you the ball in such a way that you see the run and it's easy to pass it because it arrives at your feet basically in the exact position which is easiest for you to make the pass for the run. You see it a lot in one twos with players, they give you the ball with a sign on it saying I'm breaking their back line, one touch.

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Massive for me for us to have Roberts back for the run in. Still holding out hope too that we can sign him on a permanent deal as well this summer. One way or another while he will have still 2 years to go on his contract with Manchester City come the summer he is not getting into that team next season anymore then he was going to get a look in this season so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I know there's a lot of good arguments regarding why he won't stay but I hope he sees the light at the end of the tunnel and stays here as long as Brendan is here because he will learn in a season what most managers will teach him in 5. Plus the fight for a place is good for him here because he can battle with Forrest while he's learning. How many teams down south will he be not only battling for 1st team place but a place at all in the first team squad.

The money will be good but as Brendan says, 'as long as you're smiling then you'll enjoy the game.' I hope Paddy feels the same for the next couple of years because he will be smiling due to the amount of games he gets compared to the amount of money he gets in a higher league.

It's something I admire about Gordon, he could have taken the insurance millions but he gave that money up saying he'd already made enough to keep him living in comfort, he just missed the game because it was what made his blood flow, being part of a team and recognised as a keeper who still had it in him.

Would be amazing if Paddy stayed because he could turn him into the next Sterling, even better possibly. I just mean he could get the best out of those magic feet.

He's loved here too, we appreciate his style even if he loses the ball we admire the positive inventive attitude, that's the Celtic Way. He might find that at another team but I think the best chances of that happening is if he remains under the tutelage of Brendan and his team.

eire4 likes this.
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

11. Aidan O’Shea

Yes?

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. XTierneyx63x

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Glad he is back fit again! Hopefully he stays again next season

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    * play him.

Can't wait till next season when he isn't here and we can't call to him to change games like that tonight...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Random Review likes this.
  16. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    We trying to get his transfer value down by not playing him or something.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

All that excitement and hype when he returned. What a * damp squib.

18. Nicole

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dont understand why he didn’t get on tonight ... the game cried out for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Not his fault obviously with the injury but his 2nd spell has been pretty disappointing would love to see him have a strong end to the season because I don't think he'll be here much longer, should've played tonight.

20. El Donoghue

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’m beginning to think Rodgers isn’t playing him because he isn’t coming back next season. Not saying he would’ve 100% won us the game last night but it was crying out for him, got to start on Sunday for me

BroxBhoy94 and Mr Shelby like this.