1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Resigning Rogic/Armstrong?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, Apr 1, 2018.

Discuss Poll: Resigning Rogic/Armstrong? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I'd be gutted if we let rogic go especially for very little. He isn't the grafter but comes up with big goals in big games and has awesome composure and touch which sets him apart in our team. I agree with others above that he is under rated in our team and therefore think it's vital we keep him.

Armstrong though...hmmm. Showed yesterday and in Scotland performance he is getting back to form. I'd like to keep him too but if his mind is wantin to go else where, there's no point forcing him to stay as he'll just sulk about and then we'll have a player who doesn't really care for our team and not prepared to give everything. I think we seen glimpses of that at the beginning of the season during all the transfer hype. He may still think he's better than he is and want away. I feel that's the case, let him go. If he's shows he's committed, resign him. If he's does go, could Christie fill his role? I think he could and Christie has certainly shown at the sheep that he can do it.

2. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    ^^^^
    this.
    if they want to go, let them go,

3. celtic warrior

Best I can set Armstrong getting would be a move to the likes of Bournemouth, which in fairness I think he'd do well for.

However I do kinda hold out hope that he signed a year extension as an almost probation like thing, with Rodgers saying that he's be happy to offer a longer and better paying contact providing he shows he's worth it and is able to produce for more then a season.

Absolute pie in the sky stuff that. But how its true.

Rogic on the other hand, must be signed to the best deal possible as he is a vital to the team.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I like them both. Resign them both.

5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Am I the only * who read the title as resign: 'to give up a job or position by telling your employer that you are leaving'? :fear:

oh bhoy likes this.
  6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Lol. Nope. It really should have a hyphen but think we all knew what was meant. :39:

7. oh bhoy

Initially thought ,why give either the Warburton treatment :52:

8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I never want to see Rogic leave, best technical player since Naka.

If Armstrong would get back to his form of last year and seem committed to the cause, I’d happily have him around, remains to be seen though.

9. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Surely nobody would genuinely suggest not signing both if the options there

10. Maestro 08

When Armstrong plays to his ability he offers so much. Those powerful off the ball runs and carrying the ball into dangerous areas is such an effective weapon. For me when he plays like that he's ahead of ntcham. The trio of brown, rogic and Armstrong is still our best. Sign them both up.

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Personally I want to see us resign both. They both still have room for growth given their ages and I think they both are among the more important players in our team already. To my mind resigning both would be a massive coup for the club if we can get that done.

12. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    When are their contracts up? Next summer 2019?

13. TheDiddler

I’d be gutted if both resigned.
    I’d be happy if both re-signed.

14. Goggzy60

Both but have the feeling Rogic might star at the world cup and leave after it.

15. apevrak

Would like to see both on new contracts come summer. I say give them a deadline to July 1, if no contracts are signed move them on.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye...

With regards to Armstrong this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone, his length of contract signalled he would be punted in the summer. So we should punt him, can't have him * around all summer again and then signing a pre-contract in Jan..

He will play out his skin now to get the move he desires..

Rogic is slightly different, he's been a Celtic player for 6yrs and deserves to go to the WC and showcase his talents. We offered him a contract which he's knocked back we should give him another offer before the tournament to give him something to think about. It would be sad to lose him but if he lights up the WC we should get decent cash and he will get a good move.

However, Rogic is a bit of luxury player and has struggled with injury.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Has Rogic actually knocked back an offer or is that just paper talk being taken as gospel?

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I would be gutted if Rogic left, can't say the same about Armstrong as despite his obvious talent you have to question a player's committment to the club when they're clearly playing hardball and eyeing a move elsewhere. I think Armstrong is replaceable whereas rogic is more uniquely skilled.