1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jinky and why his nickname is so special

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lilac Wine, Mar 28, 2018.

Discuss Jinky and why his nickname is so special in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Forgive me if this has already been posted but I searched and there are so many threads with Jinky in the title but not referring to what I'm thinking about I had to just make another one.

People often talk about how bad tackles were in the past and I got to wonder, how come all the greats seemed to last a long time? Apart from Maradona's leg break which took him out for one year and I suspect was meant because of serious bad blood as he was up for a fight.

How come no one else? It was only when I was watching old videos of Jinky, Pele and Messi that I started to realise these guys have vision that we don't see and they can almost feel a bad tackle from behind instinctively before we can.

So when people talk about the past in a romantic way, about how footballers had it rough we have to look at what the best did to prolong their career. I just have this video of Messi to demonstrate that hacking is still prevalent today as much as it was ages ago. There are just new techniques.

All the best dribblers in history were hacked to pieces and this is how they managed to have a long career.