1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

A celtic takeover..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scotsbhoy1, Mar 23, 2018.

Discuss A celtic takeover.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think if I was an oil baron an I want'd satisfaction by investing in a team I would have to invest in the whole league because it's just a reflection on your bank account rather than your heart being in the right place understanding what makes a league interesting. There are some good managers in Scotland who could make an impact if the money was spread around.

The EPL is different because they have money spread about and their relegation teams get paid more than our league over many season. So the oil barons and stock brokers can go there to play with their money and they will have competition at the highest level. I don't understand why Arsenal's board don't splash the cash. They have a legendary manager but he seems to be working under a budget. Maybe after the stadium is finished then they'll start to play ball.

Anyway basically Celtic have always been self sufficient. We were in two European Cup finals and won 9 in a row without any benefactors. Almost the opposite during the 60s and 70s when had a philosophy.

I like to think now we have a philosophy balancing the books. It was a stroke of genius signing Brendan but managers that good will come and go so we have to focus on our Academy and buying young players who show potential but the big teams don't want to risk money on. We can offer them European football which is the highest stage where they can prove their bottle and skill against the best while bringing in Academy players who have been taught footwork is essential under pressure.

Big Tam is a perfect balance of both of those ideas.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    60s and 70s were different times though in fairness. World's apart compared to now, even.

Multi billionaire owners basically didn't exist.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I know, all I meant was all our great times were unfunded, we were under a tight budget and it was all about scouting and training and tactics and strategy. I'd hate to see Celtic become a PSG.

Jeez can you imagine what Tommy Burns R.I.P would have done with that PSG team?

4. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Course the fans would remain the same. Season ticket holders wouldn't just stop going because we become rich

5. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Your average fan is priced out of the game when big money comes in to it. If you think * would be happy with a season ticket costing twice as much as it does now then carry on. They’re dear enough as it is.

Everything goes up in price when big money comes in, tickets, merchandise, pies n bovrils.

All hypothetical of course because it will never happen and neither it should. * selling the soul of this great club for it to become some businessman from America or Asia’s toy.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. M 67

I dunno if this is entirely true...are Man City season tickets no cheaper than Celtic?

Obviously Arsenal and the likes are a * take, but they’ve just became a London tourist club. I think the fan power here would be too strong for that, and Glasgow is a completely different kettle of fish.

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They would if they couldn't afford to go.

8. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Your Sheik Mohammads, Ivan the terribles, and yer Wing wahs fae China, can * right off, they have no place at Parkhead.

Lilac Wine and jamesfr like this.