1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did well deserves a start next week

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s a few times we have played that formation and eddy has ran the defences ragged!

3. jamiebhoy67

He lools so much better with moussa as yhe main man and big ed running the channels

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Just a rumour I doubt we’d agree a fee that high. I’d pay good money for him and tbh I hope it is a record fee. Would be good to finally break the barrier

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's gonnae become a pler.

6. dmac

That's a couple of games when he has come on and changed the dynamic of the game puts in a lot of effort when he comes on

neilly1987 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  7. Cmcgregor90

Missed the game today but seen against hearts how vital it was having him and moussa uo top together seems hes done it again today and also done well v zenit at home

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Big mans class. Changed the game for us most times he’s been subbed on.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Is that Brendan digging at the Morearse shenanigans?
    If so nice one BR

FranceCelt likes this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

We were playing them first half as well.

FranceCelt and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Or is it Dembele :86:

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan talking about him in his PC.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You're right, lets start a petition to get Barcelona playing in the Scottish cup.

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Would take him for £4million or £5million.

I am a bit suspect over how reliable the source was that claims it would cost £8 million to get him considering he hasn’t had much first team experience prior to coming here apart from his spell at Toulouse.

Definitely has a lot of potential. Very pacy, good movement and link up play. Shown in spells he can be a real handful for defenders.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He has pace and power, I prefer him drifting from left to centre as opposed to lone striker though.

Would start him at the weekend.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yeah i would start him against the uglies, i think he'll give em real problems.

18. northeast67

3 French men destroy rangers..

19. Div

Would love to see Rodgers go with the two strikers up top. Dont think its his style though. But I think Rodgers sees Edouard as an almost wide player, cutting in very like the way he sees Sinclair.
    Exciting to have these players, the likes of Edouard, Musonda, Dembele all playing for the club. Long may it continue!

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard hopes that he has played himself into contention for a game at Ibrox next Sunday.

The Hoops striker, on loan for the duration of the campaign, made an effective contribution at the weekend when he arrived after the interval.

Edouard and Moussa Dembele linked well giving rise to some suggestions that the duo could play together against Rangers.

“We know it will be hard at Rangers home but we are used to high-pressure situations,” said the 20-year-old. “Of course I hope I have done enough to be included in the game. It’s the same every day. I want to play in every match. I’ll need to work hard this week and see what the manager decides.

“It would mean everything to me to be involved.

“It’s really important to have a good relationship with Moussa off the pitch too. He was really important for me when I first came here.

“He welcomed me and I’ve always got on really well with him. It’s made me feel good about myself and had made the transition from living in France much easier. That’s helped me perform on the park.”

Celtic have an option to buy Edouard at the end of the season but so far the striker’s game time at the club has been relatively limited.

And the player has maintained that his focus is simply on the games that lie between now and the end of the season.

“I’m just playing the season right now,” he said. “I’m not thinking yet about what’s going to happen next season.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time at Celtic. It’s a wonderful club with a fantastic manager and the greatest supporters. We’ll see what happens.

“But I’m happy to wait until the summer. I want to concentrate on my football to help Celtic in the best way I can. It’s not my decision. I’ve not spoken to the manager about that yet as the season isn’t finished.

“I’m happy to concentrate on the rest of the matches before we approach that issue.

“I feel I’m developing as a player here. I love every match and working with everyone in the squad and the coaches. It’s been a good move for me.

“Each week, I look for the chance to show I am learning and improving.”

Edouard has yet to win any silverware at senior level, a particular motivation when it comes to pushing himself to the fore at Celtic for the remainder of the campaign.

“If we were to win the Treble, it would be historic. It would show again that we are the best team in Scotland. If it was to happen two years in a row it would be truly special. People would talk about I for many years.

“I’ve not won any senior medals before so be a part of something like that would mean everything to me.

“At Celtic, it’s always about winning. That’s one of the reasons I came here. I want to be part of a successful side.

“I want to benefit from being here and if I was to get one or more medals that would show my time here has been a success. I want to benefit in the best way possible.

“These feel like special times for Celtic. There’s a great ambience around the club. We feel we have momentum and a good chance of making this another hugely memorable campaign.”