1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugby Union

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jozo The Provo, Nov 8, 2014.

Discuss Rugby Union in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    bastarts .

Keano88 likes this.
  2. Norm Peterson

I would, but a result in Dublin against Ireland generally speaking is going to be more difficult for Scotland than against England.

Would you be more confident of beating Ireland over England?

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What a day.

Huw Jones dragging Brown and Watson over the line is iconic, I’ll remember that for the rest of my days.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Another iconic shot was Finn Russell smiling at one of the English players after they gave away a penalty... after he’d been criticised for the last two games and told he wasn’t taking the game seriously enough.

Ahhhhh I * love it

5. Aidan O’Shea

Scotland were magnificent. * brilliant atmosphere in Edinburgh today.

MacEwan and Britwell bhoy like this.
  6. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Loved it yesterday watching it in a pub full of english they were all full of it before the game giving me loads of stick but in the end all saying we deserved it

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Today was the first time Scotland had scored a Try against England in 14 years.

They beat Ireland literally last year, England were (by far) a bigger task for Scotland than Ireland are.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I saw England vs Italy and thought that England didn't look that great, I knew then that we had a far better side this time round.

9. strike twice

Just want to say that Scotland were truly immense yesterday , especially in the first half . The whole squad deserved it , but the trip to Dublin will be a different proposition . I had £30 on Ireland to beat Wales + 5.5 points . So I thought that my money was done when Wales scored a converted try . I was particularly miffed that Johnny Sexton had missed several kicks at goal . I was extremely happy/surprised when ( the clock had "gone red" ) Ireland scored an interception try . Which makes up for me not getting on my bet on with Betfair , which I would have won , on France winning on Friday V Italy . All because the site crashed . Them's the vageries !

CymruBhoy likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The Ireland game will be tough and a different game to England. But Ireland are very beatable, I said before the tournament started that there won’t be a grand slam winner because apart from Italy, everyone is capable of beating each other this year.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

At Murrayfield.

12. Norm Peterson

Couldn’t believe that myself when I read that. Just shows how poor Scotland have been the last few years.

Yeah, and that result was probably just as big a shock as what happened yesterday.

Do you genuinely think Scotland will beat Ireland?

13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    And stay away from Parsley Phillips's 4th choice home in Norfolk,he has crack P
    Yes i think Scotland can win this

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. jordan_

Just re watched it on Iplayer, enjoyed it better second time! The way England were talked up before the game 'unstoppable' is brilliant. Finn Russell isn't good enough, they are far too strong, best England team in years, our defence wont cope etc etc.

& the English wonder why other home nations love seeing them lose be it rugby, football or croquet!!

Just a shame that * Clive Woodward wasn't in the studio, the essence of an English *. The day before he had said a combined 15 of irish, scots & welsh wouldn't beat England.

cidermaster likes this.
  15. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Last try v England at Murrayfield in the 6 nations 2004
    Last try v England 1017 6 nations at Twickenham

:50:

I think Scotland can beat Ireland in Dublin just depends what Scotland team decide to turn up on the day. A performance like the one Scotland had at the weekend then yes. As for the bonus point no I cant see it happening, Ireland will be the champions this year. But lets say Scotland get that bonus point win in Dublin, Scotland play Italy in the final game everything to play for. Ireland playing England at Twickenham ? Can Ireland get the win there?

I was at the last game 2010 6 nations at Croker Sitting right above the tunnel with the mrs wen we ruined Irelands triple crown :grntongue . Park penalty finished it in the last minute - shouldn't have needed it to go to a last minute penalty decider though, Ireland had a forward pass try in the first half! Scotland played well that day, took the points well. The weekend before on RTE the commentators all thought it was done and dusted for the Irish. Cant fault them for saying it though we were on 0 points and going for the wooden spoon. I was living in Dublin at the time. Good memories and a great day out!

16. Aidan O’Shea

Don’t think Scotland will beat Ireland in Dublin as the Scots don’t travel well but I wouldn’t write them off. Has the potential to be brilliant game.

Scotland are far better to watch than Ireland, in any case.

cidermaster likes this.
  17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I really think it is a 50/50 game,up for grabs which makes a very refreshing change for us Scots:50:

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Jeremy Guscott saying it would be England by 10 or 15 points was good too...

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That * Brian Moore desperately claiming this was an eye gouge by Ryan Wilson :rofl:

The * had his hand round Wilson’s throat and Wilson is putting a hand up to try and protect himself. Whether he makes contact or not is not a gouge and it’s not dangerous.

CymruBhoy and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  20. Aidan O’Shea

Guscott is the *’s *.
    English boy should have been sin binned. You could make the case for both being yellow carded there, actually.

MacEwan likes this.