1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers in Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by rkid, Feb 22, 2018.

Discuss Rodgers in Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    People need to remember this is basically the same average team of mentally weak, technically poor players who were toiling under Delia. Rodgers worked wonders last year, which combined with the usual new manager boost led to an astonishing season. This year has been the expected drop off in standards due to 1) it being impossible to replicate last season 2) a bizarrely high number of players in terrible form and 3) a large amount of complacency due to the orevius invincible domestic season.

I would say the only genuinely quality players we have are Rogic, Roberts, Ntcham and Dembele. All of whom are unreliable due to a mixture of injury and inexperience. Sinclair on his day is very effective but is never gonna be a CL knockout stage player.

Rodgers’ hands are tied to a large degree, though I do think he’s a poor manager in Europe, he just can’t seem to learn or get it right. 2 seasons at Liverpool and now 2 at Celtic tell that tale.

2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
  3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    At what point have I wrote home off? Please tell me or quote it please cause you are clearly making that up.

He is no bullet proof nor is he immune to criticism either when he is getting it wrong.

If you are playing devils advocate about selling Jozo tomorrow for 5-7 million then we could have signed Jerry St Just last summer from VVD old club and he is meant to be the next big thing in Holland at the back and guess how much he was sold for 3 million euros.

So are you telling me can't go out and sign a quality centre half that will make us better and walk right into the team for 3-5 million and he is better than Jozo?

If that' the case we may as well just pack it in and shut the doors Then, players are out there plenty of them and willing to come to Celtic, it seems to me by the way you are posting you believe all the hype of if we spend we will end up like them and we Can't sign quality players anymore.......

I never once said I don't trust him but he has clearly made mistakes, it's if he will learn from them that will make him a better manager.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    100% bob on.