1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's at fault?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Feb 23, 2018.

Discuss Who's at fault? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Firmly believe the team must take the lions share of the blame purely down to the half arsed spineless performance . The energy levels were not acceptable. There was a lack of spirit and leadership from the hoops and that is not acceptable.

2. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    What I've highlighted there is what I'm concerned about this team also. Aside from Broony, KT and MAYBE Forrest, who in that team would you trust to get their hands dirty in a fight when the team is under the cosh?

Not saying we should go out and get hammer throwers like Hurlock or Keane, just someone who won't take any nonsense and will actually fight back when it looks like we could be in for a rough night.

That goes for both domestic and European competition as well. Seen way too many players this season not be bothered about fighting for a goal when teams have sat back and refused to let us in.

3. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The players and the manager, you could throw in Anderlecht in 03/04 considering the quality of the team back then the away form was bizarre .
    But all of those games you've highlighted were group stage games so there is a slight difference MON and WGS always had the home form to fall back on where we knew we'd pick up points which Rodgers team hasn't.

In MON's case his team were pretty great at knockout football, in the Seville year even when we lost in Stuttgart and Celta Vigo we scored away and were strong enough defensively to hold out we didn't completely collapse, we could have lost last night and still gone through but we were spineless and never came close to putting them under any threat.

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    They are just similar home/away results. Through MON's and Strachens era there were much worse performances than last night.

Edit:I am justifying last night result not the poor home form under BR. For me we need to first look at our home form and vastly improve that area before we start worrying about away form @andybhoy94

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Manager at fault for me, tactics not working being to stubborn to change his ways could be the stick that eventually breaks his own back. Constantly chopping and changing the team gets on my *, no cohesion as a team. That Zenit tie was there for the taking. We played well at parkhead, but still toiled up front should have come away with more goals. Manager then rests half a dozen players draws with St Johnstone in the league. Goes to St Petersburg, now you think the rested players and the team would be absolutely pumped choking to get on the park and finish the tie off. Awful and embarrassing performance, it's bad enough spending money and enduring it a parkhead last few months, but i feel for the Bhoys that travelled out to Russia to watch that utter *.

Rogers is the big shot coach who talks the talk, we bit pressure coming his way now, lets see how he copes and how much of a Celtic man he really is?