1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scamming Calls

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CymruBhoy, Feb 8, 2018.

Discuss Scamming Calls in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Mrs had one other week from HMRS scammers & yesterday I picked up the phone to an Indian guy telling me he can improve my internet connection (funnily enough it was laggy).
    Introduced himself as TalkTalk & waffled on that it’s all technical stuff & I won’t understand it, then he said ‘All I want you to do is turn all the devices on in your home’. I smelt a rat straight away & hung up & immediately turned all the devices off for a few hours!
    Spoke to my son who is an engineer with BT Openreach & he said it’s definitely a scam, probably trying to access the devices remotely.
    Anyhow, thought I’d share it as knowledge is power & also below is a great site for checking on unknown callers to your phone. I’ve bookmarked it.

https://who-called.co.uk/

belbhoy likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

3. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    if you give me your bank acc number and sort code mate i will get them sorted for you and send you £100 for the hassell:50:

4. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    My mate recorded a wind up wi one the other day, I had posted it but thought I better delete it cos its got his work place in it.

I usually keep them going myself for a good wind up

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I love getting them,I give them the 'oh dear that's not good is it' and then when they ask me to connect to them what's on the screen,I say '' it's says tell the man to * off it's a scam'' they hang up right away

CymruBhoy likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like you missed out on some quality technical support. I had the good fortune to be offered the help of one and find out I had a rich Nigerian uncle that left me in his will...all in the same week.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I get the Microsoft one quit alot. I enjoy winding them up. On one i squealed high pitched for a good 2 minutes, got bored as i thought they'd hang up so i hung up. They had the nerve to phone me back saying i had something wrong and i should go to a mental home.... they are the scammers and iv got something wrong...

Also at work got a call, was an indian wanting the manager. Its a small place, if they actually want someone they know the name. So i just hung up, had no time. For half an hour after he continually rang the phone and threatened to kill me and my family, called me a * man and phoned after every hang up. All while whispering so he couldnt be heard by his boss. We *.

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I know a lot more about Screaming Calls:56: