1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

May 9th, 1998.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Reno., May 9, 2008.

Discuss May 9th, 1998. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    north stand above the away end corner flag oh hat a start by larsson....and then our bottle crashed.....so nervy it wisnae true....until the bold harold struck....ya dancer.

2. Reno.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Happy birthday :50:

I was only 16 back then. Stopped drinking totally 5 year ago mind but will always look back on that day with fondness. :icon_mrgreen:

3. kennydal

good man:50:

4. markthecelt

that game was on the 12th of october 1996

5. Hut*Hut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank Mcavennie/Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony/Holy Goalie
    one of the best days of my life. I'll never forget walking down the gallowgate that day, people hanging from every lamppost, on top of almost every roof, scarfs and flags out of every car, the roads filled with tims.

I remember afterwards just feeling a weird feeling of melancholy on the way home on the train, probably just knowing that nothing would ever top that. The cheap cider soon cured that though.

6. seanog2001

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady, Skippy, Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Remember watchin it on bbc all the bhoys out on the pitch celebrating what a day it was!!!!!!!

7. Fancy Pants

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    roamin in the glomin
    fantastic day ,went to the pub wa my dad got mashed .won 50 quid on a scratch card ,n celebrated with the boys for another 2 days ,oh the joys of youth

8. woodlandsbhoy86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    i remember it well. i was only ten and it was my first full season with a season ticket. me my dad and my brother have all had the same seats ever since. i remeber it being as tense as anything i have ever seen at parkhead. i also remember that sitter george o'boyle missed.

what a day tho, i'll carry it with me all my life.

9. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Old man took me to the snooker hall in Ayr, we were the only * in it. He wouldn't let me look up the score on the TV/Radio or Text. Got home just after the final whistle, he then let me look it up ........Celebration.

10. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I remember I phoned in sick for a Sunday shift the week before to go up to Dunfermline when we were supposed to win it the week b4, then that * Craig Falconbridge (I'll never get that * name as long as i live!) scored with 8 minutes to go and it meant an anxious final day at paradise.

Early Henke goal and we thought it would be easy, not so, 70 minutes of sheer * (including St Johnstone missing an open goal!) before harry b stuck in the second.

Then tears and snotters at the final whistle, ten years of pain relived in my head.

Anytime we have a defeat I think back to that day to get some perspective, and remember how far we've come.

11. randy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing

12. vcfc

What a day that was. Don't know if anyone can remember but I got my season ticket when they opened the new stand with about 8/9 games to go in that season - Iv'e sat in the same seat ever since.

I''l never forget Tom Boyd that day - someone passed him the microphone and he didn't know what to do. He paused for a second then started singing ' STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS' absolutely brilliant.

13. RafaelScheidt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Scott Brown and Jan V O H
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    was 8 at the time, can remember celebrating with my da, great day, still have the championship flag i bought

14. superswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    past-Larsson, present-McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    A great day, just sheer relief, remember going on the supporters bus after it and there was a real weird silence everyone was pretty worn oot after it!! We then got down the gallowgate and it took ages to get by bairds, happy days!!

Then the mini huns beat the big huns in the scottish cup, it was hard trying to find huns for the next few weeks, where did they all go???

15. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    I was in Shanghai in China and couldn't get any * Celtic games. Had to rely on the internet and the week before I was doing a gig as Celtic were playing Motherwell and told my wife to keep me posted with the score. She checked and told me we had beat them so after I finished the gig me and a few lads went out all night celebrating Celtic's title win only to find out the next morning we had only drew with the 'Well.
    Had to wait another week for the title and celebrated all over again. :icon_mrgreen:

16. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    :71: I used to live with a girl from Christchurch. :50: