1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Politics in the pub.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TESLA, Jan 25, 2018.

Discuss Politics in the pub. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Its usually ok, unless its about Irish politics and there is whiskey involved. You cant discuss Irish politics with anyone when there is whiskey because its guarenteed war. Even if the people discussing it are on the same side! Whiskey is an evil *. Irish politics are much better discussed over a spliff. No fights there just the munchies

2. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Only really bring up how much I hate Tories when I'm drunk, basically all of my mates bar one are in complete agreement and if the one who is a Tory is out then he just has to deal with the abuse

Quite right from them, you're a horrible right wing *

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hero.

4. Nasser

I love it, I hate these pub * that moan about people talking about politics in pubs. We would always get some * quoting that Fosters advert at us. All my mates have very different views so it's often heated but in a good way.

5. Aidan O’Shea

I think you’re a lovely right-winger xo

6. Aidan O’Shea

:43:

7. Sween

People think I am a tory on here but I find it difficult to debate with my mum. Her opinions on "the riff raff" come straight from the daily express and * channel 5 documentaries :56:

I dont mind debating with friends. We are all pretty moderate so it usually comes down to a particular issue we disagree on. We had a good drunken chat on the Rooney Rule last weekend!

8. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    I'd say most of us can agree that its annoying talking to someone who gets their news from the one place / source.

My ma listens and watches to nothing but RTE news so hasnt a clue about most things that are happening and just takes the slant of whatever happens to be on the airwaves, clueless basically.

9. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    I don't usually engage in it unless its brought to me.

Only ever confrontation in terms of nearly going full blows was when I met a few Derry boys in my local, they were over constructing the housing association building not far away from the Pub. Anyway, to cut the long story short we started to talk about Irish history and the eavesdropping started. One ex-Brit started shouting over the tables that he would serve in Ireland again, 'terrorists this that'etc. Then it started to become a * for tat. One of the boys from the Bog offered the guy a square go in the car park, ex-Brit * himself.