1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Needs a chance here.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Especially with Rogic out.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was thinking last night that it would be interesting if he was here at the minute, with Rodgers banging on about wanting more creativity in and us clearly lacking it with Rogic and Roberts out.

He'd certainly be more suited in the 10 than McGregor, IMO. I'm still not convinced he is the answer long term (Christie) but as has been said, I don't want him to leave without being given a fair crack at it.

4. john2061

if he can stand out in tonights game and score a goal or two then he has a chance at celtic .

5. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    hes up against * so might score 3 or 4.

6. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Looks bang average/* tonight.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    im starting to warm to keeping him,he could be a decent backup player here,if not more.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's Andy Walker on the right..

11. celtic warrior

The boy is a talent, he's turned it on for the sheep and even ICT, more so for me then the likes of Armstrong did at utd to warrant a fair crack at out first 11.

Christie, McGregor and Rogic would be fantastic options to fight it out for the creative no 10 role, Rogic has issues with fitness and injuries and believe Christie has enough about him to challenge McGregor for a starting spot in the team.

Fully87 likes this.
  12. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Definitely worthy of a proper crack at it next season. If Armstrong goes in the summer then Christie is a ready made replacement for me.

ChrisMoh and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  13. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Seen a few places reporting that Aberdeen want Christie full time, it would be a mistake to let him go imo especially with roberts leaving in the summer.
    Aberdeen couldn't possibly afford him either, we should be looking to get at least £2 million for him and that would be cheap in the current market.
    I would give him a chance in the summer he's improved greatly in the last year and a half, but if we don't keep him we should sell to England where we will get the most money, celtic isnt a charity.
    We bought Hayes for £1.2 million and sold GMS for £200k, we got bumped.

paulmcq1888 and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  14. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    He has got a few nice touches, and does well against the smaller teams in the spl. Seen him play against hibs and Sevco and he was average at best. He is way down the pecking order in our midfield.
    But he is young and will improve. The sheep would have to offer at least £750k +

15. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    If Celtic tried to buy him from aberdeen he would cost us at least £2 million. Christie has a Scotland cap and been one of the best players in the league this season.
    I personally think he deserves a chance.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Tommy25 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  16. made in ireland

He’s not the type of player who is going to see us take the next step in Europe in my opinion.

If Celtic could get £2million for him it would be great business.

17. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    Christie absolutely deserves a chance when he returns in the summer, especially since we'll need a new No. 10 if Rogic leaves as rumoured.

He has a lot of potential about him and I'm glad we only loaned him out to Aberdeen for the season. It'll do Christie better than sitting on the bench playing matches here and there.

JC Anton and Bertie Cauld like this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not against giving him a chance, I just can't imagine him holding down a first team place.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Will he make a difference in Europe .. Naw

Does he deserve a chance .. Aye

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

RYAN CHRISTIE will report back to Celtic Park in the summer for last one last chance to prove himself to Brendan Rodgers.

Scott Allan, on the other hand, won’t be seen playing for the club again and has been advised to stay at Hibernian, a club he perhaps should not have left in the first place.

Whether Christie, or Allan for that matter should he have been given the opportunity at all, will make it at Celtic is up for debate, and most would argue that while these two are fine players, they are not right now going to move forward a team with ambitions to make more or a mark in Europe.

At least, these two Scots are playing regular football, with Aberdeen and Hibs respectively. Rather than them picking up the odd ten minutes here and there. This has happened to often to players at Celtic Park and it does nobody any good.

Christie is 23 so is no kid. He plays in a role where Rodgers already has plenty of choices. So, the Highlander is going to be up against it when he does join up with the team in June.

Being one of the best players for Aberdeen is one thing. Being a key component of Celtic winning a group stage in the Champions League is almost another sport.

“The plan was always for Ryan to come back,” confirmed Rodgers. “I looked at it last summer after he'd spent six months on loan to Aberdeen, working with Derek McInnes at a fantastic club, under pressure, and asked ‘is it better him to play 40-plus games for them or maybe play between five and 10 for me?’

“I still think he needed the development. And that plan hasn't changed for me.

“We had a call back in January if we’d wanted him but I always felt a year playing out, working on his game and his physical strength, on preparing week in week out for games would benefit him and benefit Celtic.

“I believe he has made the most of it. We as a staff have watched him closely in a lot of the games and he’s been a really influential player for Aberdeen.

“So, the plan will be for him to come back and reintegrate into the squad here over the summer and he has a year left on his contract, so we’ll look at it from there.”

Only last week, McInnes intimated that he would like to at least have a conversation which might see Christie sign on at Pittodrie on a permanent deal.

“I can't blame Derek for wanting to have a player of that quality, of course. It's not a discussion really,” said Rodgers who then added: “He'll come back in the summer.”

Allan has not been the perfect professional at times, which he has admitted himself, but it’s impossible not to feel some sympathy for the player who two-and-a-years ago was caught in what seemed them, and most certainly does now, as a game by Celtic and Rangers.

Rangers wanted the midfielder, their old pals flexed a financial muscle or two, and this mercurial talent left Easter Road for a club where he was never going to get much game-time. What a waste.

"I watched the Rangers-Hibs game and Scott did really well,” said Rodgers. “Sometimes players are just suited to a club and Scott just looks right at Hibs when I see him play.

“He's great boy, I've never had an issue with him. He was at a stage in his life where he just wanted to play.

“When I came in here, I had a real good summer working with him, but he's had a few ups and downs and it was really a case of going to play somewhere and that's still the case really, where he can go and get somewhere regular. He's a great boy with a lot of qualities. It's a different scenario to Ryan's.”

Mince.Charming likes this.