1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The NFL Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’ll be interesting to see how the Patriots do without McDaniels and Patricia if he leaves.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fell * for Brees a truely stunning QB, but that * Payton can * right off horrible *.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Most amazing part of the weekends madness was while the Vikings were celebrating, they still had to take the extra point to finish the game. They attempted to line up, yet there of no sign of the Saints D. Eventually players start coming back out to line up, one of them being punter Thomas Morstead with broken ribs. He took a knee, then congratulated the Viking players. What a legend.

Lilac Wine and Marty McFly like this.
  4. The Golden God I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds Gold Member

Defo, apparently Flores the LB coach is going to be the replacement for Patricia and Chad O'Shea the WR coach for McDaniels. Seems like every OC Patriots have had is "Irish". Doubt either will officially be in their roles till 2019 as BB likes to wait a year before properly appointing them.

I doubt it will make a huge difference as BB is basically the DC anyway and Brady changes half the plays after they're lined up.c

MacEwan likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye if they hire from within they will probably be fine since they have worked so close to McDaniels and Patricia. 2 good coaches though and leaving at the same time, good for them.

6. Markybhoy

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight of course but, if there is some truth in that article about what's going on in New England then I think they have made a rather large * up by trading away Jimmy Garoppolo in favour of sticking with Tom Brady. As much as I hate him, it's hard to argue against Bill Belichick's abilities as a talent evaluator and he obviously thought a lot of Garoppolo. That being the case, Garoppolo WAS the Patriots future. On top of that, I don't care how much avocado ice cream you eat, father time is going to get you eventually. Tom Brady WILL be done soon. It is eminently possible we will begin to see the decline happen next year(that's assuming Brady is even playing next year). How stupid are the Patriots going to look if Jimmy Garoppolo is tearing it up in San Francisco under Kyle Shanahan while their 41yo QB suddenly finds himself with a bad case of noodle arm?

There's a high probability the Patriots will win the Superbowl again this year. They should have let Brady finish out the year, go out on top, and handed over the reigns to Jimmy G. The rest of the AFC East can be thankful that they didn't.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    People’s thoughts for today?

Glad the first game is a reasonable time to watch here. I’ll be rooting for the Jags of course, mon Fournette, * do them!

I’d like to see the Vikings make it to see how the whole home advantage thing might play out. Also, after Diggs winning TD I kinda have a soft spot for them

8. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I'll be watching, don't have a clue who to tip as I don't really follow the regular seasons any more. Only jump on board for the playoffs, last season I followed properly would have been about 5 years ago.

Marty McFly likes this.
  9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’m the same mate. Had all these plans to get right involved this season too. Love the playoffs and it pulls me back in.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  10. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Bring it home.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Going to struggle to stay up tonight with work tomorrow...

12. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

The Jags are horribly arrogant and cocky for a team that has been beyond * for years, so as much as it pains me to say it I'll be rooting for New England.

13. Dhan

Looking forward to thi game ,Hope Jags do it but canny see it

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Gonna call bullshit on that one. They had fun with Pittsburgh because of all the * they talked, but have been borderline deferential (minus Ramsey getting his own crowd excited) to New England throughout the week.

Also, I don't know if my heart can take this second half. It might explode.

15. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Can appreciate Brady but I * hate the pats at this point. No other team gets that delay of game call.

16. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Understanding I'm the least objective person on this board, but while the unnecessary roughness was legit, the pass interference was utter bullshit.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am in awe watching Brady at times.

Not totally clued up on the sport to comment about the penalties but they do seem a bit flag happy...

18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really admired Brady's performance last Superbowl, one of the all time great sporting moments but I would hate it if they won it again.
    The other three teams would be much more entertaining for their fans.

Is it normal for a QB to be playing at that age? I thought they got brutally sacked a lot.

Mon the Jax.

19. Dhan

get in there .......turnover jax

20. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This defense has done this all year. They're * maniacs. I've never seen a defense that is not only dominating, but such a threat to turn the ball over and/or score themselves.