1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Hill

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gerry_bhoy, May 8, 2013.

Discuss Mark Hill in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Great move for him.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

YOUNG midfielder Mark Hill has joined Championship club St Mirren on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old has been a regular for the Development Squad over recent years, and he has also featured regularly in the UEFA Youth League and the Premier League International Cup.

He signed a new three-year contract with the club in May 2017 after another campaign of positive progress.

The Hoops youngster started for Brendan Rodgers' side in the pre-season friendly against Olympique Lyonnais. He was also part of the recent winter training camp in Dubai.

Everyone at Celtic wishes Mark all the best for his time with the Buddies as he looks to garner competitive first-team experience and continue his development.

St Mirren are delighted to announce the loan signing of Celtic’s Mark Hill until the end of the season subject to SFA approval.

The 19 year-old midfielder joins up with Saints until the end of the campaign.

Hill, who signed a three-year deal with the Hoops in May last year, has yet to feature for the Celtic first team but has impressed in their development squad and featured in the UEFA Youth League and IRN-BRU Cup.

Speaking on the move, Jack Ross said: “I think Mark gives us something different. He’s dynamic, he’s powerful, probably a more naturally defensive type in the midfield which we’ve not really had this season.

"He’s a player I’ve been really impressed with whenever I’ve seen him and I know Brendan Rodgers has high hopes for him at Celtic.

"I’m excited to work with him and look forward to welcoming him to the group.”

Mark joined up with The Buddies for training this morning and said: "Obviously Jamie McCart was here and he said it was really good. I spoke to him a few times about it and he said training was decent and the club was good. It's my first day in and it's been really positive."

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope he does well there.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Charlotte (NC) — The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team announced the club has received midfielder Mark Hill on loan from Celtic FC. The 20-year-old has represented Scotland at the U-17 and U-19 levels.

“I'm very excited about being in Charlotte,” said Hill. “I know Jim [McGuinness] demands his players be hard-working and it was the exact same way at Celtic when I played under him there. Hopefully, I can do that here and go back to get a chance with Celtic.”

The Glasgow, Scotland native spent five years in the Celtic Youth Academy, eventually signing a three-year deal with the first team in 2017. With Celtic, he’s faced top youth talents from Paris-Saint Germain and FC Bayern Munich during UEFA Youth League and the Premier League International Cup competitions. Most recently, Hill was loaned to Scottish professional sides St. Mirren FC and Forfar Athletic FC.

“It's hugely beneficial to get Mark in with this group and we're very excited about his arrival,” said Independence Head Coach Jim McGuinness. “He's a great national team player and great Celtic player, as well. He's dynamic and he brings an exciting element to our team.”

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Charlotte (NC) — The Charlotte Independence professional soccer team announced midfielder Mark Hillhas been recalled by Celtic FC for the remainder of the USL Championship season. Hill made six starts and nine appearance this season for the Independence, totaling 480 minutes played. The 22-year-old Scottish midfielder set up the go-ahead goal off a free kick in the Independence's win over Bethlehem Steel FC.

6. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    He managed to get 2 years older in 6 months. We cant be dealing with that sort of progression. He would be 24 years old by the time the year was out.

Seán Mac D and Spring Time like this.
  7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Good replacement for Ntcham, like a new signing.

8. Steviethecelt

I suppose if it's SPFL experience we want him to have, St Mirren will do fine.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That was over 18 months ago.

Spring Time likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Good move from him.

Hope it works out then a move to America probably.

Fontaine and Spring Time like this.
  11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was a really promising player for us a couple of years ago, will be honest and say i didn't realise he was 21 however. Time is probably up here but there's no harm in loaning him out for another year and potentially seeing where he's at, he seemed to get decent gametime at Charlotte Independence.

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    The way this threads started in 2013 then SLOWLY to where he is now at 21 is a tad disappointing. In less than 2 pages :56:

Nonetheless hes still young, still time.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The white Karamoko.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Surely if he is being recalled by Celtic that would likely be seen as positive? Any reason to think it wouldnt be?