1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Dec 26, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Oh I see, we deliberately played poor in the second half then? Or are you one of these types who can’t even concede the way the opposition might have played had a slight bearing in that fact....”we made them look good” is one of these expressions normally used by fans who can’t handle the opposition playing better than was predicted....I don’t know anyone at the game yesterday who said anything other than grudgingly the fact Sevco were better organised than we expected...but I doubt you will agree with that....if not then I’ve exhausted my point

“We made them look good” is a quote always bandied about by English fans like Man City when Celtic go down there and have the nerve to not get pumped

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    got that one and the hoops from centenary season , packed in a bag somewhere in the loft . tell a lie nephew has the hoops one and wont part with it .

fek just realised , family got me this seasons shirt with john 60 on the back ( she who must be obeyed has said I can get it framed and hung up ) ...... main point centenary season I was 30 and thought I was immortal ..... time flies right enough .

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    monkeynuts, kramer1 and packybhoy like this.
  3. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That’s a pretty fair summary, unlike their home games they did seem to have some sort of plan and clearly worked on it, that said they clearly are not a good side in an attacking sense and just a pity the game happened when it did as the winter break would have been ideal for us a month ago and it’s undeniable we look tired, probably mentally more so than physical...I’m confident the next game at Ibrox will be altogether different

Pogues likes this.
  4. Roskopicachu

Another clean sheet keeps that run going. Otherwise not a game that'll be remembered for much. Sinclair was poor and Dembele again got no service. For me the two together would be the perfect partnership, but their's always some reason to play Forrest, Armstrong and MacGregor in the same team. Some games it'll work others it won't.

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Dominated by krankjar :rofl::rofl: did you watch the game?

6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Don think think I'm being naive, just don't buy that bullshit excuse. Who in your opinion is fatigued? The whole team? If they are all fatigued play players who aren't. If they are all fatigued, why has brown shown more grit, bite and fight more than the other players if he's so fatigued and got pass Marcus in almost all our games this season. Imo it comes down to passion and hunger.

Look at the hearts game. Did we get pumped coz hearts are better than us or we were fatigued or coz we weren't hungry enough. Our players threw in the towel coz they couldn't be arsed. They were beaten men. They had no passion and over the past few months I haven't seen much passion and fight from many players. But to say they are all fatigued and need a rest is a lame excuse.

freederry20 likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Broony was the same as the rest for Hearts to be fair..

It does annoy me though watching a 32 year old regularly the one running about daft flying in to everything when other's around him either can't or are unwilling to show that same desire consistently virtually every game..

Mince.Charming and Big els like this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can only assume you've never played competitive sports if you think fatigue (physical or mental) is a bullshit excuse.

Most of the regular first team will be experiencing fatigue, especially in comparison to other Scottish teams.
    If only it were so simple. The manager needs to select players who will get him results so it's understandable that he won't just throw in a fully fresh 11, but I assume you know that already.
    Even Brown tired yesterday and his impact waned.
    Fatigue played its part in that defeat, it's undeniable.

It's not a lame excuse, it's just one of many variables that contributed to the overall outcome. Rodgers himself said that they welcome the winter break in order to get some rest and reset.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. joemc

Perfect summation of events ,but i feel our fams are a little harsh wae the ,worst we've been ,-
    He is ,he has bought commper ,experience at the back to calm and not allow play to become to frantic like the other day ,played into their hands by making us choose the wrong option in the last 3rd many times by rushing play .

12. Sydneysider

A 32 year old who has had serious hip and joint problems, but plays flat out every game

Absolute * legend.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Broony, Ajer and Gordon saved us from a major riddy.
    Poor Craigy, even when he makes game changing saves everyone is still thinking about his passing :56:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You're right, 11 plastic surgeons couldn't make them look good.

richardm, Spring Time and bagforlife like this.
  15. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  16. Lecs

17. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    Boo’s were justified in my opinion.

I thought we were lucky at times especially with how * the Huns were at trying to finish.

Too fustrating at times when we were playing out the back, the Midfield should have done a lot better at times to drop deep and offer support, that is unacceptable to me when this never happened. I’m pretty sure Michael Stewart sums up that point in the clip above.

Although we do look tired we should have still got the result.

18. joemc

Having watched the game again ,yeh shows I'm mad ,a few key things stood out , we didn't do to much wrong , dembele was isolated and his first touch was letting him down when he got the ball .
    Sinclair was marked heavily out the game ,when he received the ball kt was mostly in front of him and covered ,it was forcing Sinclair to come all the way back with the ball with no support for him to pass to , midfield problem .
    We needed midfield to break their defence by driving at them and getting to the by line for our system to work,the only one who could do this was Armstrong ,who actually had a decent game but it wasn't often enough.
    We seemed forced to rush our play by their pressing ,McGregor being the worst and wasteful , the difference paddy Roberts or rogic woulda made to how they defended ,and they definitely defended better than usual,both were a big loss .
    It coulda been in the minds of the player after the chances in the first half that it wasn't gonna be our day ,don't forget they will have to manage a win at some point against us ,we even managed it wen they were cheating .but we were not as bad as was made out , they were always gonna get more credit for not getting humped ,it's Scotland we have to remember .

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

regi, i'll take that as a no then