1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Spares around Celtic Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by mattyboy96, Dec 26, 2017.

Discuss Spares around Celtic Park in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mattyboy96

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I'm going to take a punt on a spare ticket for our game against the manky mob being offered outside Celtic Park.

Aside from prayer and divine intervention, can anyone suggest the best place on earth to dedicate my effort.

I was going to start early around the ticket office/superstore but I was also thinking that further along London Road towards CSA social club might be prudent.

2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Usually you don't see many spares offered by Pools / Superstore early. Other places to try are the two bus parks behind JS stand and behind Emirates.

CSA is a possible but be aware London road at the junction of Springfield Road heading up from Dalmarnock is the Huns road to stadium and will be blocked off to Celtic fans after a certain time.

3. leeso-ardoyne

Also try some hotels night before the game, ive seen people throughout the years get spare tickets from supporters clubs there. Its pot luck thou. Theres been times ive seen high profile games and people walking with spares up in the air then theres games where youd think thered be loads of this, nothing, no spares anywhere. Go for it and if ya dont get one, try and blag your way in. Ive seen this done aswell so ya just never know.

4. mattyboy96

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Cheers for the replies guys.

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I actually think early kick offs which of course is the norm for this fixture really increase the chances, there is always someone who doesn’t make it due to trivial reasons like didn’t get up on time, had a hangover, missed the bus etc, far more likely this will be the case for these games than CL games in the evening, I tell you one thing this will be not as hard as Bayern, that was murder outside with hordes of folk shouting out they wanted spares, mainly Germans, some offering 500 notes as was documented at the time.

Luckily I have a ticket but if I didn’t I would be looking to get there early as humanly possible, try the bus parks including the one behind the Velodrome and as a last resort the area in front of the Celtic Pools....good luck and let us know how you got on :50:

6. mattyboy96

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I managed to get a ticket for face value from a kind gentleman who approached me outside Jock Stein bus park about thirty minutes before kick off.

I arrived at ground early and tried for two hours without seeing any spares being offered but plenty of folk looking.

Persistence and a bit of luck.

ScouseHoops, richardm and Marty McFly like this.
  7. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Glad to hear it...just a pity you had to watch such dross for your efforts.

Some French guys approached me close to the Forge about 10.30 and asked where the ticket office is as they wanted to go to the game and had come over especially.. I told them it's not a ticket office they need but divine intervention

8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Should have asked in my earlier reply...were there 2 Geordies hanging about in all the usual places looking for tickets? Lion and a few others know who I mean.. They seem to turn up at all big games still claiming to be fans but attempting to Hoover up any spare going to sell on

9. mattyboy96

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Divine intervention indeed. I'm sure they would have enjoyed the atmosphere wherever they watched it in the end.

I didn't catch any Geordie accents but there were a few guys on the prowl and a lot more tourists than expected.

A generous woman offered to squeeze me in with her but the stewards were savvy to it. Fair play to them on that occasion!