1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brendan showed you the class man has, got players in huddle, we will push reset button in Jan and take it from there!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I do demand that he start paying more attention to how the team defends. Starting from the training, and the tactical set-up.

3. Shane1888

It was always going to be interesting to see how BR responded after the first domestic defeat, especially coming a full year and a half after he took charge.

Hard to disagree with anything he said after the game.

4. peaky101 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure that'll be part of his notes come Monday. Some Random nobody online demands I've to pay more attention to my defending.
    * knows he is though, world class coach?? Nah some fud online

paulie walnuts and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We lost a game every 3 seasons :56:

7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Dire performance from the team today but Brendan handled it as well as you would expect- class act.
    Hopefully this result will be the kick in the * we’ve been needing for a while.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Rodgers will be eating his well earned Sunday dinner wondering what the * went wrong today.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Funny because it should have the opposite effect.

CookieMonster likes this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That guy is a class-A dobber

11. henriks tongue

I think recent games, plus today together with Anderlecht at home will help give the manager a much more balanced view of the teams capabilities mentally, physically and technically.
    It should help Brendan realise we are still some way short of our very high, but not unrealistic expectations.

Last season and the start of this everyone, including Brendan, was overconfident and over estimated our potential and ability.
    We did not add quality to the squad and basically stood still because we thought we had arrived.

The challenge now (Brendan's first at Celtic) is what will he do? and be allowed to do, to take us forward.

Personally, I am looking forward with confidence and excitement to the next stage of the journey.
    In Brendan we trust.
    Dermot, just make sure you back the best manager we have had in a generation.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think Brendan has done an amazing job with what mostly inherited players..

It's time now to add the quality that can take us to a higher level.. a solid defence would allow so much more attacking intent..

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He should know, it doesn't take a genius to work out where we need to strengthen and work on..

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. He's done exceptionally well. Unbelievable even with a side short of confidence and looking like lacking in quality, and added a sprinkling of quality that transformed us..

He's been let down defensively by what we have. Player's not getting over the line and possibly by the board with fund's..

Now is the time to help out Brendan and those player's who've been running on empty with real quality like you say. Time for Lee Congerton to show us what he's got.....and why he's been brought in in the first place..

Today's been depressing as * and was raging earlier but by tomorrow we can look back on this as a big turning point and strengthening Brendan's hand when he does go to the board..

I still think we are coming in to exciting time's in January..

JC Anton likes this.
  16. socbhoy

We must sign players that will make the first team better No squad players or projects we didn’t do that in the summer we need real competition for places, the only real competition we have is upfront and on the right wing with both Roberts and Forrest fighting for the same position. Craig Gordon is a good goalkeeper but not for the way BR wants us to play out from the back he is not good enough with the ball at his feet to many missed placed passes today, we either get a goalkeeper in that can play that way or change the way we play - no10, a mobile version of Tom Rogic would allow us to press better and be better in the translation when we win the ball back and a couple of cbs to put the couple we have under pressure to perform as theyve been disappointing. We must get back to playing as a team the last few weeks they have been playing as individuals - proven today when Armstrong shot for goal when McGregor was available for a pass. Loosing our unbeaten run was disappointing especially with the way it happened 4-0 was a shocking result but hopefully it will re energise the boys for the remainder of December and we will win all our other games and we can strengthen the areas we need to in January.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think regardless of today’s result we’re in for a big window in January.

Doesn’t have to be tens of millions spent but Rodgers does have to bring in at the very least a couple of potential first pick players. For definite a centre half and a goalkeeper.

Our development as a side is dependant on it.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I can't see us bringing in a GK in January.

19. 4-4-2

Sometimes a defeat or bad result can bring about some positives with the impacts it has, and the wonderful run was always going to end at some point.

I look at the club across the city beating us at Hampden and this was the final nail in RD management of the club which allowed us to bring in a top manager in BR. Fast forward to today and although BR fully appreciated the need for one centre half (with recent visitor spending time viewing club this week) it will strengthen his hand even further and also allow him to be totally convinced that 1, 2 or 3 are not going to assist him with his plans longer term.

Personally I'm gutted at a loss but I'm also sure the gaffer will know what is needed and what he wants and will use today's result as a strong reminder of areas in the club needing addressed if club wants to continue taking in over £28m each season in Europe.

In BR we trust.....

JC Anton and ourdaywillcome! like this.
  20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed, it's hard to go to PL/DD and stress that this team actually needs proper investmant when you're on a 69 game unbeaten streak.

Brendan now (he may already have) needs to walk into the board room and demand he is backed. He must be backed or we will lose him, no doubt.

Personally think we will see backing unheard of since the MON days, in the next 6-7 months. I really hope so anyway.

4-4-2 likes this.