1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Non Transferable Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gasrex, Dec 15, 2017.

Discuss Non Transferable Season Tickets in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Last season ticket I had was for the main stand during the RD seasons and only managed to get to a few games due to working abroad a lot. I left it with family for them (mainly my sister) to use. I did worry about the ticket being taken if caught so my condition was that 'whoever' had it just kept it hidden and made their own excuses up if there was any questions. Mind you... The games I made it to were pretty poorly attended and I only actually sat in my own seat once . I reckon half the folk around me were swapping seats week to week so it would have been impossible for stewards to sort it out anyway.

I knew I wouldn't make it to many games but did my bit supporting the club by buying an ST during a time when sales were poor.

If a ticket is paid for it makes sense to have SOMEBODY use it. Would they rather have empty seats ?

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Board probably have one eye on every man and their dog wanting a season book for 9 and 10 in a row. Cant have thousands of sporadically used kids books at 50 quid a pop in their minds when that level of demand is going to be there

Sween and leeso-ardoyne like this.
  3. leeso-ardoyne

I agree and they are in the right here. Its a business at the end of the day so if people are buying kids tickets and not going and the club losing out on potential revenue ,then i can see why they'd want this to end. This might be the only way to sort it. Im saying i agree with the club and thats someone sitting on some kids tickets. Listen, if it came to it, id upgrade to full adults (5)but only if i was aloud to let someone use them throughout the year while im not there just so long as i can keep my books.

WolfOfParkhead likes this.
  4. Sween

I sense this is the main consideration. Tickets are in demand again and as long as Rodgers stays as you say the interest will increase approaching 10 in a row. They will not want people sharing tickets or giving tickets away when the club can easily sell them.

WolfOfParkhead likes this.
  5. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Clearly your first post was meant tongue in cheek re adults only and ban the Irish. Knowing you personally that did make me think this * been on the :60: again. :56:
    I take the view that a ST is a seat paid for and it's up to the holder to decide if someone else uses it when they can't use it themselves.

I know for a fact there are very few Irish and long distance based fans with ST's who make it over every week and only natural they'd like to see their ST being used and maybe recoup some of their outlay. I hasten to add many will happily take say £20 for a * single match use, exactly the same way some CSC's will do the same with ST's in the CSC's name.

As for adults using kids tickets i can't complain too much and be a hypocrite because see if i'm at an away match and the only spare going is a kids ticket and i get in with it of course i'm delighted. Not because i got in on a cheap ticket but just because i managed to get in and would gladly have paid the full * price if i was able to.

Now i'm sure that could also apply at home games. There really should be a way ST holders can allow an * to use an upgraded kids ST. By that i mean not just the two free upgrades per season which the majority do only for Huns games.

Well known Celtic read the comments on forums so maybe just maybe someone there will use common sense. Or even employ me to run things.:56:

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  6. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I share my ST with a mate and have done for years. The club get full price for the seat and it’s never empty so can’t see why they have an issue with this (although this recent letter would suggest they do).
    These concession opt out tickets seem to be a problem though and can see why the system is abused.
    Just don’t give them the opportunity to buy full price tickets for the huns games and that would solve the problem.
    Seems a bit daft to give folk cheaper ST’s for opting out of the huns matches but then giving them the chance to buy a ticket for these games anyway.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  7. JamesM09

I hadn’t realised it until it was said here, but this is the problem is it not? People are buying a kids season book for £50 so they can upgrade for the Hun games with no intention of using the ticket otherwise (except maybe to guarantee a UCL package?). Surely this is a problem?

I would say the solution here would be to not allow a £50 kids ticket to be upgraded. If the kid doesn’t want it, let it go to general sale. I think that’s reasonable considering the price.

It’s a bit * if someone is abusing the system like this when other fans are missing out on season tickets while they’re willing to pay £500 quid, or other fans are missing general sale UCL and Hun skelpings because someone else is buying a kids ticket.

8. Martin_CFC

Think the letter is a subtle hint that concession and OAP tickets will be going up in price next year. Don’t think Lawell will want to be missing out on extra income if adults are using kids, oap or other reduced price tickets when they are not entitled to.

Might be a controversial opinion but I think the way forward to reduce any issues with ticket pricing would be to scrap the Student ticket option. We should be doing everything to ensure that it is affordable for kids and the elderly to still go to games but if you are an * under OAP age, you should be paying the going rate for your seat in my opinion.

For shared tickets, best option would probably be to contact club and give them the names of people that use the ticket. That way you have been open and transparent and they need to respect the fact that a number of fans share tickets for various different reasons.