1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Parking fine.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by s88, Dec 13, 2017.

Discuss Parking fine. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Local shopping center recently re-introduced paid parking. Person driving had no idea as old barriers were still removed. Silly sausage has parked in a disabled bay, but no clear signage. What's more, it's private land. My friend was left a little yellow notice (after being away for 15mins) and being asked to log on to "myparkingcharge.co.uk" with a serial number and vehicle registration. Obviously they havn't received any letters yet, but they are getting in quite a panic. My advice is to relax and ignore anything from them, and at all costs not to peruse that website, but they are on the verge of an anxiety attack!

Done little research, and consensus thus far seems to be ignore.
    Anyone have any words of wisdom I can pass on?

2. Murph-E

Definitely ignore ones shopping centres or car park themselves give you.

s88 likes this.
  3. Buster

If its in Scotland, bin it, the parking ticket is not worth wiping your * with. They will get letter after letter threatening allsorts and offering discounts but just ignore them. They'll also quote the case in Dundee where the motorist lost their case but that was someone parking continuously who racked up £25,000 in charges

s88 likes this.
  4. Markos1972

Ignore it,s said previously.Had a few over the years and binned them

s88 likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

If you're in Scotland, and it's a private car park (i.e. NOT council-run), throw the letters in the bin.

I ASSURE you, despite how many threatening letters you get, nothing will come of it, so long as you do not get into contact with them, or respond to any of their letters.

s88 likes this.
  6. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks chaps. They had a look at some signage and pay machines but couldn't make out any company information. It is indeed a private car park, they are just overly concerned about parking in the disabled bay, and also reading when entering the car park they are agreeing to enter into a contract, which to me is lunacy as they seem to have 'heard something' about not paying fines(invoices) from private companies.

I didn't think anything could come of it, but never see myself as a bastion of knowledge! Will pass on the messages and let them know to file any future communications alongside those from the TV license people :lol:

7. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    ignore the fine , but tell them not to park in a disabled bay , the fukin selfish * , the disabled bays are there for the disabled not people who are not disabld

Norm Peterson likes this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Mate, i got one through to the work last week from the East Kilbride shopping centre.

The car I drive is for a disabled person sometimes, not me personally, but the person I'll be driving has the blue badge. * moved the pay machines from outside the shopping centre, to the car park. I never noticed until I went to pay it.

When I went outside, I popped a quid in - didn't look like it had accepted it, but I paid it anyway.

Got word from the owner of the car that a fine had came through - told her to do what I did with the last one and stick it in the bin.

Stupid bint told me she paid the last one because she was worried about it.

I couldn't give a *, her and her man are just about millionaires :56::56::56::56:

9. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

How much is the fine for ?

10. shaun.f

It wont be a fine it will be a parking charge. Bin it.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can someone tell me the reason why nothing comes of ignoring these fines?

12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    [​IMG]

13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    its Scotland, its only a penalty notice not a fine

[​IMG]

14. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
  15. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks all, glad to have my original thoughts backed up.

I have no idea, the event only happened yesterday. The little yellow ticket gives no information and tells you to log on to a website with a serial number and number plate registration, where I would presume can view your charge and accept liability, digging yourself into a hole.

Agreed. Although the space isn't clearly identifiable, a bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss, although being in a rush can often skew a persons thinking.

My friend is aware of the process that will ensue, i.e. threatening letters, possibly debt collectors, but more worried about credit rating. It's a shame, as this is the type of thing that ends up keeping them awake at night! They are now beginning to worry about video evidence of them reading the notice boards after removing the fine from their windscreen.

16. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    it happened in Scotland just ignore it ,they wont be blacklisted , credit score unaffected, bin the letters i do , there is nothing to worrry about