1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you judge us .

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by joemc, Dec 10, 2017.

Discuss How do you judge us . in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Beat me to it :fear:

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Stand corrected :rofl:
    * is going to make sure you live a very long time cause he knows and he's * himself about the day you knock on the pearly gates and everyone realises what TC members have known for a while, only McGuire can judge us :97:

3. joemc

Ive also noticed that teams can look really good passing against us ,recently anderlecht and borrusia ,yet away from home against these teams we looked better ,maybe we are allowing to much room to play whe
    I feel their best chance would be against bayern ,but it would be close and hard to call ,so yeh it is a good point you make and really shows the type of group we were in .

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. joemc

I wonder how much paddy roberts is being missed ,midfield goals have dried up ,is this down to tactics against us and if so we should be adopting it against teams in cl away games .

5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Although we have not gave many top class performances we seem to play OK until we lose a goal then we fall apart at the back, How many times have this team conceded a second goal quickly after the opposition score?

This is a very worrying point for me and should also be for our management, This has been happening for a long time and i've not seen it being taken up by our management. Over passing at the back is doing my * in.. yes, play out from the back by all means but ffs get the ball forward, preferably at pace.

Watching us get pumped in Europe combined with struggling to hit the heights domestically are becoming a bit of a grind to watch. Going to be a pretty flat season and the way we are playing is only going to encourage other teams to let us pass it around in our own half.

Marks out of ten for the season so far 6/10

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In europe we have put in some good performances, at home against Bayern and City in particular, but are being let down by poor defending and silly mistakes.

We can compete, at least on and off, with these type of teams, it will never be consistent. We seem to just lack the belief and the right players in some key areas.

The two games against Zenit are a huge test of how far we have came, truly, as although a good side, if we are to ever harbour hopes of doing something in Europe under BR, we need to prove we can punish these sides and still keep them out.

A huge ask but Rodgers has yet to have that 'one' moment, at least in the groups/knockout of European football. Hopefully it comes in the second half of the season.

What I will say is, he needs to put more of a stamp on this side and remind the players that they are not 'invincible' and immune from a stern booting themselves, even if the record is still standing.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Hibs game was quite confusing. They parked the bus playing on the counter but we managed to get a total grip on the game and normally with a 2 goal lead heading into the last 20 minutes we score a few more. I was quite relaxed, sure the 3 points were in the bag.
    I still have no idea what went wrong.
    We were unlucky with an offside decision but the officials should have no impact on our game 2 0 up.
    We were lucky Broony and Lustig battled to the end cause we nearly lost.
    Hamilton at home is perfect timing for Brendan to shake things up a bit and give our hungry squad players a chance to stake a claim.
    For sure we need to strengthen defence and midfield soon even if it's just loans till August. Fresh talent can only be good for the confidence of the players.
    Two Group Stages in a row, our bank balance must be well in the black now?

8. Bunk Moreland

We're pretty much the same as last season as far as our level goes. The summer signings haven't really improved us any. Hayes and Benyu have been anonymous, Edouard was brought in as cover for two already excellent and better forwards and Ntcham hasn't really settled in as a regular starter yet.

The second season for Brendan was always going to be the difficult one. Last season he came in, our tactics and football philosophy completely changed and we blew teams away.

This season the other clubs have had a year to watch and study how we play, they know where our weaknesses and strengths are and they have a better understanding on how to exploit them.

One observation is last season our slow passing build up regularly pulled opposition players all over the park and we opened them up with ease, this season teams will know to sit in and not chase the ball all over the park. It's

I think having another starting formation such as two up front could remedy this somewhat along with a faster paced attack so teams no longer know exactly how to set up against us from the start. We could alternate between the two as we see fit and if one isn't working then substitutions can change it mid game.

Squad rotation has also been a problem for us, we just haven't had a settled 11 all season, ideally we want the best 11 we have playing every game so confidence is high, being rested for league games before getting beat in the CL isn't doing the players confidence any good whatsoever. Although the CL is the priority it's been counter productive for us it this way in my opinion.

As for the Hibs game on Sunday the players need a boot up the * for that, as soon as Hibs scored we started sitting far too deep in defence like it was just PSG or Bayern that had scored against us and every time we sit too deep we lose goals and it looked like after Hibs first that it was just a matter of time before they equalised. It's been evident in the CL this season, we don't play well when the midfield sits in and invites teams to attack us. Brendan needs to sort that * out ASAP.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Have we progressed???? Yes we are in Europe after Christmas, we are top of the league and just won a cup.

We have not been playing as well as last season domesticall though.

We have plenty of room for improvement regarding players and the team and we need to strenghen. Facts are the club have dragged their heels when we have been in a position to dominate time and time again with this wait and see * each season instead of getting quality in.

10. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we have regressed in europe this year . We had 4 decent performances last year against City and Borussia 2 this year Bayern and Anderlecht . As for the league we are the same as last year but teams are sitting back waiting for us instead of coming looking for the ball which is very difficult to break down . In the hibs game they sat back letting Gordon Jozzo and Boyata pass it around the back as is most teams now and just waiting for a chance to come their way which will always come with our defence at the moment but at the moment i cant see any team beating us . A couple of signings in jan will give everyone a boost and kick us on for another treble

11. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer

Man City, spurs and probably Liverpool and Man U would have done it

12. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I'd be tempted to agree but I'd say we only had 3 decent performances last season, 0-2 against Borrussia was every bit as bad as 0-1 against Anderlecht. Performance wise we haven't been as good this year but results wise we have improved and made it to the last 32.

13. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

In the SPL

Hearts and Motherwell are the only pass marks this season at home

St Johnstone, Dundee, Killy and Hibs have all been really poor and we were lucky in getting a late winner against Dundee
    That's 2 decent games out of 6 which is unacceptable considering

chopping and changing players doesn't help either but understand its a must,In a lot of games i have watched there has been 2 or 3 maybe even 3 or 4 players at a time that are off the boil some will stay on for 90 mins and contribute absolutely nothing

I would expect BR to sort this issue out, once we can get 100% effort from our first 11 back hopefully we should be back to playing some decent football.

Sooner rather than later Celtic

14. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    With all due respect, this is the problem. Fans were getting far too carried away last season. The amount of folk on here who were saying Patrick Roberts is better than Raheem Sterling was absolutely incredible. Sinclair for the England squad. Dembele for Man Utd.

We need to calm down. We've come a long way in the last 18 months, why can't we be happy with that?

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Chopping and changing is needed, there’s been plenty games where frindge players have came in and played brilliant, we just need to get the balance right.

Lets face it with the squad we have we should be able to put out 2 different starting line ups and still win each game.

CH4 likes this.