1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eboue Kouassi

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by 4-4-2, Jan 3, 2017.

Discuss Eboue Kouassi in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bumblebee

Aye but, you know.... We're all thinking it.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EBOUE KOUASSI insists he’s ready to show his worth at Celtic – 11 months after his £3million move.

The teenage Ivory Coast midfielder opened up on his “complicated and difficult” start to life in Glasgow.

Eboue, 19, was hampered by injury and illness after signing from FC Krasnodar- and admits Hoops fans have yet to see the best of him.

With Brendan Rodgers’ Invincibles on top form, the Ivorian has had to be patient – making just eight appearances.

But Eboue is now settled in Glasgow and ready to play his part as the Hoops face a hectic schedule of 13 games in 43 days.

He told SunSport: “It has been 11 complicated months. I did not really expect it, but football is unpredictable.

“First, I arrived in Glasgow weakened by malaria, then I had some physical glitches which also slowed down my integration into a new group, a new country, a new way of playing football, and a new language.

“These things are part of life. It is in these moments that one relies on their relatives to keep them going.

“I will not hide that it was very difficult for me at first, in terms of integration and adaptation to the lifestyle.

“It took me some time to find my bearings in terms of food, entertainment, or social life in general.

“But now it’s much better and I am more content with the atmosphere here.

“The injuries were also very difficult for me. I am young, I had rarely experienced injuries before.

“Unfortunately, that’s part of our job. But believe me, it’s very difficult mentally, especially as you are not available and capable to play for the team.

“I want to play every game and show my potential. When this kind of thing happens to you, you are disappointed, but you must always work to come back stronger.

“That’s what I did. I am ready, in good shape, and available at the request of the coach.

“I think the Celtic fans do not know me very much.

“I want to show them my qualities, my fighting spirit, my aggression, and above all my potential. I think I can bring something to the group.

“I need some game-time to understand my role in the team and to be able to help the team.

“The next 13 games will be decisive for starting January’s preparations in good spirits.

“I will continue to do my best at training and I am waiting for the coach to make the choices.”

Eboue arrived at Celtic in January after his Europa League performances for Krasnodar caught the eye of Rodgers.

He claimed he wanted to be the next Paul Pogba – but didn’t make his debut until March after a bout of malaria.

Since then, Eboue has had a stop-start Celtic career and was forced to undergo an ankle operation at the start of this season.

But depite suffering several setbacks, he remains convinced that he can go to the top at Celtic.

He said:“I said I wanted to be the next Paul Pogba when I signed for Celtic. I really appreciate this player and I would like to be able to assert myself to his high level.

“By working hard and with *’s help, nothing is impossible.

“I want to make my mark in football – by simply being an icon of football.

“Of course, it is only by working hard that I will get there.

“I am aware of it and it is thanks to * that I shall succeed.

“You must always believe in your dreams but especially give yourself the means to achieve them.

“I also have big ambitions, such as representing my country, Ivory Coast, in international competitions and playing in the Champions League.

“But the most important thing today is to win a regular place.

“It’s very simple. I want to start the matches and show my potential. I want to show what I’m worth. I’m waiting for my chance.”

Rodgers recently referred to Eboue as a “big talent” and he produced a sublime assist for Leigh Griffiths in his last outing.

At only 19, he still has his best years ahead of him and looks certain to play his part over the next six weeks.

Celtic have two Champions League games, the Betfred Cup final and 10 league games before the end of December.

Rodgers rates Eboue highly and the Ivorian is hopeful he will get more chances to show what he can do.

He said: “Those words are very flattering from the coach. I thank him for that.

“I think he has a project for me here, which is why he made me come.

“I played a few games, and he congratulated me for my performance.

“But for now, I need to show my potential and to progress.

“It is by playing lots of matches that we gain confidence and that we progress, so I expect more.

“I have great ambitions, but life has not always been easy for me.

“Today I have the chance to do the best job in the world, the job I have dreamed about so much and for which I fought for and I will continue to fight for.”

KOUASSI has thanked Tosh McKinlay for taking him under his wing at Celtic.

The Hoops midfielder says pals Moussa Dembele and Kolo Toure have helped him through his first 11 months.

But Eboue also revealed that former Celtic player and current scout McKinlay has been a father figure for him.

He said: “Tosh was the person who guided me the most when I arrived. He has a big heart, he has always been there for me and I am very grateful.”

EBOUE KOUASSI says the RAIN is the only bad aspect of Glasgow life.

The Ivorian is now fully settled at Celtic and is enjoying his time in his adopted home.

He said: “The fans here are beautiful and demanding at the same time. They are always here for us and I sincerely thank them for their support.

“People are nice here and are very attached to football.

“The rivalry between the two clubs in the city is very strong, it creates a lot of buzz around football.

“Other than that, Glasgow is a great place – except for a lot of rain!

“I try to explore the city more when I rest and I heard that Edinburgh has a different charm.”

Eboue’s English is also improving and he revealed he even knows what skipper Scott Brown is saying now.

He said: “I understand Broony better. We are a collective and obviously the exchanges are important.”

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Really like the look of him.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Please keep yer sordid thoughts tae yersel.

:84:

HNTB67 and Officer Doofy like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Needs some game time..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. HNTB67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    :56::56::56: enjoyed that more than I should've. Happy Friday.

8. oh bhoy

Thought eboue played well when he came on last night would love to see him getting a run in the team

Tommy25, Crilly and rickyroma25 like this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Starting to get a bit frustrated at how little we are seeing of him.

10. HNTB67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He liked my instagram photo once.

just throwing that out there.

11. Deco67

Bringing him on was strange didn't do much wrong didn't do much right

12. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I thought he made some nice passes and showed good composure when came on. Horrible game to be thrown on in, doubt any of the subs were sitting desperate to come on. As others have said, hope we start seeing more of him.

13. Martin_CFC

Want to see Kouassi and N’tcham get a run together in the middle of the park.

Put both in with Brown to keep the experience / leadership factor in the team and I think we could see 2 cracking players developing over time.

Tommy25, shaunm and Crilly like this.
  14. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Would like him to start getting some proper game time in the league. Could become a useful player for us come the Europa league matches

Tommy25 and DembelesDa like this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Definitely want to see him getting some game time, but it won't be at the expense of Brown and it won't be this weekend.

16. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    * it put him ahead of Armstrong. Him brown and Ntcham on paper is a quality midfield in every way.

Tommy25 and Cobbs67 like this.
  17. Celticbhoy17

Tbh I'd have Armstrong dropped and play Ntcham and Eboue together with brown sitting behind.

Gordon
    Simunovic Ajer
    Brown
    Forrest .................... Tierney
    Eboue Ntcham
    Rogic ........... ...Sinclair
    Dembele​

Crilly likes this.
  18. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Is he still injured? looked the part before he got the injury

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Needs to start getting game time if he’s fit. £3.5m was it. Would be a major flop if he fails. He’s looked decent when I’ve seen him hopefully be a good buy.

20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s got some amount of ability. His composure on the ball for a player of that age and experience is ridiculous. We’ll see a lot more of him in the New Year I suspect.

Tommy25 likes this.