1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] The Official Champions v Hibs 30th Sept

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Sep 27, 2017.

Discuss The Official Champions v Hibs 30th Sept in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

With Brown and Armstrong already out maybe we made too many changes to have any coherence..

2. celtic20

Can someone tell me why when we're not winning games there's always only 2 minutes added on?

freitassen and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We must have one of the lowest added times to our games in Europe, as you said when we're not winning they only ever add 2 or 3 minutes and when most of the time we are pumping teams they don't even add any time as the games are already done.

4. Heb Celt

Only teams in blue get the 5+ minutes
    And we all know what team will have the highest average injury time.

5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Tbf I was thinking 2 minutes yesterday. The 2nd half flowed well

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Kevin Clancy is the worst for that when we're pumping someone..

A red card. All sub's. 2 injuries and 6 goals and Clancy blows up pretty much straight away :56:

7. celtic20

It's not just about yesterday mate - I've noticed it a bunch of times with us recently. Can't remember the last time we've had four or more minutes added at the end of a game when we're not winning.

It'll seem at first glance as nitpicking, but I'm not saying we would've won yesterday had there been two more minutes added on at the end. Just getting at how it seems as though we only ever seem to get 2, or 3 if we're lucky. Where as on a bi-weekly basis the huns always seem to get 4.

Aye it's a small thing to pick out and doesn't make much of a difference, but I do feel there's some bias in that.

8. apevrak

Is it the continental hangover? Last time we dropped points in the league was after the Astana match.

Hibs looked decent though, they actually played football compared to the other dross we've met domestically this season.

thetic19, packybhoy and Bratfurdbhoy1 like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We genuinely moaning about the amount of time added on at the end of our games? Fs, a draw and this place goes absolutely loopy.

georgiebhoy likes this.
  11. bhoy21

I was just thinking the very same! :56:

12. seanm

well brendan better tell the players to dive as collum wont give a penalty if you stay on your feet he said this to johnny hayes if sinclair had of went down he would have given the penalty so we better have half hour jurgen klinsmann diving practice lol.HH.

13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Aye.

Also this pish about" well he got his shot away" . He did, but by the time Sinclair got his shot away, the goalie had narrowed the angle and any scoring opportunity was gone. Collum puts the whistle to his mouth when Ambrose holds back Sinclair. But doesn't give the foul.

Wasn't the same hesitation in the 1st half with Forrest.

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question it was an absolutely shocking decision and the replays show Collum had a clear view of the foul so no excuse. It was a clear pk no question.
    Having said all that just like the post Astana game this was one I could see us having problems in given just how much we have played this past week in big games too while of course Hibernian had nothing in midweek. Then with Brown and Armstrong being injured it left less room for rotation in central midfield which didn't help as both Rogic and Ntcham both looked sluggish. Still we showed good character to battle back to 2-2 and as sluggish as we may have been that was a clear pk which gives us a great chance for a late winner despite the tired performance overall.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Keano88 likes this.
  16. doctor venglos

This draw can be explained away due to our European exertions and injuries to key players, but all credit to Hibs and Lenny their game plan worked and John McGinn bossed the midfield for them, but credit to Calum McGregor for his two goals which saved our bacon and our unbeaten record, just like Calum did when we were down to St Johnstone after a similar exhausting European game, I would definitely have McGregor in the midfield before either Nitcham or Rogic who don't seem to gel together, and who both need to do a lot better if they want a permanent midfield place, but in fairness to Rogic it appears to be a stamina issue, unlike Nitcham who looks a bit lazy to me and still a yard off the pace.

What can you say about Willie Collum that hasn't already been said down the years, suffice to say its clear he does not like us, denying us a stonewall penalty.Same thing Bobby Madden did to us in the 1-1 game.We get the penalty and we would have won.

thetic19 likes this.