1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We're not a bad side..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Sep 27, 2017.

Discuss We're not a bad side.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

* Europa.

We're in the CL - let's see what we can do here first!

Anyways - PSG proving they can pump the best out there, much the same as Barca did to us last year.

That victory tonight puts us back in with some confidence in Europe, would have done our players the world of good, especially the younger ones.

I fancy us to cause Bayern some serious problems over on their turf in the next game...

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Give Bayern a game home and away then smash Anderlecht at home, Europa watch the * out.

3. jamiebhoy67

Me too it's a rush of blood stuff to do the first option but keeping the ball is the secret the other team can't attack if we have the ball it's simple really

doctor venglos and Marty McFly like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Loving that optimism..

5. Mr. Slippyfist

You better believe it ma man!

They are "toiling" a bit in the league, Neuer is out for them, and it's THEM who are going into their next CL game off the back of a pumping.

* the bavarian bampots, WE ARE COMING!!!!!!

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Right now I believe in anything Pad..

We got this..

7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    When you have two aggressive ball playing centre backs who routinely carry it into the midfield single handledly , plua pace and power making runs on both flanks, a quality number 10 and the choice of Griffiths and Dembele you know things are pretty rosey.

Oh and the Messiah in the dugout to boot.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Their sub keeper looks pish, whoever plays up front for us should be hitting the deck any time we come forward to get us freekicks to cross and shoot with as their players must know he's * and be nervous about it.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Sven Ulreich.

He be *.

Xatraps likes this.
  10. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I agree. We are not a bad side. There has been some really good players at this club for many years.

Now we also have the added bonus of a manager & close assistant who know what they're doing & have total belief in their ability.
    The whole squad have bought into their philosophy too.
    That's a combination that can lead to something really special.

Doogs. and FrankMcCallum like this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We weren’t a bad side when Barca slaughtered us so we’re definitely not a bad side a years progression later and being beat soundly off PSG.

We’ll give Bayern a far better game at home. Germany and France will still both be tough watches though, bridging that gap is miles away at this point.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We're definitely flourishing as a team. A few more quality additions over the next few transfer windows and keeping hold of our prized assets and we could look a real outfit.

That said, we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. Our passing and ball retention in the first half was criminal, a better side would have punished slack play like that. Check Napoli v Feyenoord last night, 2 of Napoli's goals came from similar situations we were putting ourselves under through loose balls.

We've every reason to be positive but we should temper that positivity so that we don't overlook areas that need improvement.

13. doctor venglos

It's been a long time since I have been unable to identify one single weakness in our team, so that is saying something alone.

And to think we have Forrest, Ralston, Bitton, Eduardo etc on stand by, and hopefully Eric back soon too.

14. freitassen

We would have a serious chance of reaching the last 16 most of time if we have a goalkeeper like Forster and Boruc. I am not saying Gordon is bad, quite the opposite. But I don't think there is much difference between the team that beat Barça and the team that lost to PSG bar that.

Another thing, dont want to be a party popper but we played against a side that normally would be at our level but are in the middle of a very serious crisis and with a lot of injury problems. As I said in the game thread, they looked like a team who isn't getting paid. The confidence and spirit was non existing. As soon as we realized this, the match changed.

But I agree with the main point of the topic: considering the amount of money we spend, there is very little we could do better. We should have another CB because if Jozo or Boyata are injured we are in very serious problem, and, yes, was irresponsible to not sign one. But both are good enough as long as they are fit.

15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I agree, and the best thing is we can be sure that Rodgers know this too. He'll know the aspects of our game we need to improve on particularly when we're in possession.

He's so meticulous and such a perfectionist that he'll strive to improve all areas of the team. There's no chance of him getting complacent.

Seán Mac D and doctor venglos like this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Fancy us to take a point against Bayern at home but away is still going to be tough especially when you consider that they will be coming off a bad defeat against PSG.

Good win tonight. Really good and sets us up well for at the very least some extended Euro trips.

17. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I agree but i've still a wee hope we can make it interesting for 2nd. This game was huge tonight as a milestone check and we've crossed a few bad stats off the record with that win and the nature of it!
    Next has to be to go away to a 'big' Euro name and give them a match on their patch. Would love to scrape a point in Munich but even if we can make it competitive it will give us a shot in the arm that we can do something to them at a rocking Celtic Park!!

Things are progressing nicely!!

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If by some miracle we can take a point in Germany, 2nd would absolutely be on.

I think Bayern will beat us with ease at home though.

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Even if we lose in Germany 2nd is not totally out of the question mate. Depends on the extent. Take it game by game and the optimist in we wanted this out the way tonight and then let's call the next 2 a head to head. I believe all is not great with Bayern but as someone mentioned they've just been spanked and could be a nasty wounded animal!! On the other hand if we can use this boost the right way who knows!! However, it's still Munich and a HUGE task but under BR we've never been better placed.

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Remember bein sick we didn't sneak third in our group last year as I felt we had a side capable of causing any of the sides in the Europa problems.

With a bit of luck this team could go very far in it, make no mistake about it. The PSG result wasn't a fair reflection of where we are in Europe as they are literally capable of doing similar to any side in the world as we saw tonight.