1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic - Bayern

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by PabloDiablo, Sep 14, 2017.

Discuss Celtic - Bayern in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PabloDiablo

Hello!

I'm from Spain. I'm a Celta Vigo supporter and I love Celtic since they visited Vigo on december of 2002. Many people came to Balaídos and they were very very friendly.

I've got tickets for Celtic - Kilmarnock of next october and I would like to get tickets for Celtic - Bayern too. Someone can help me? Do you think Celtic will sell tickets for this match or they are sold out? I've read on the website package tickets for the three matches of Champions League group are sold out, but I need info about Celtic will sell tickets for this match or not.

Thank you very much to everybody!

2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    You need to keep your eye on the website for when UEFA return some tickets and see if they go on general sale. This is usually just before the game. Maybe 1-5 days before? But when they do you need to be very lucky and fast.

I think you also need to register an account before you can buy online.

Another possibility is to look on celtic spares on Twitter. Do not be tempted to buy from sites such as ebay because the chances are it is a scam and you will lose your money.

When you are over for the Kilmarnock game ask around you never know you might get lucky. If you PM me I will try to meet you at the Kilmarnock game and offer some better advice.

3. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    https://www.eticketing.co.uk/celtic/default.aspx

Thats the Celtic online tickets website as Lion says register now and follow Celtic and Celtic tickets on twitter and check the Celtic website and wait for them to go on General sale then be quick as they will sell out fast. They will probably go on sale at a random time maybe about a week before the game.

PabloDiablo likes this.
  4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You should also follow Celtic and Celtic Tickets on twitter, I think on twitter you can set notifications for when they tweet, especially Celtic tickets so you have a better chance of finding out as soon as they go on sale if they do as it will be a random time unannounced. When they done it for PSG I think they tickets sold out in like 20 minutes.

PabloDiablo likes this.
  5. PabloDiablo

Thanks for the info!

I see it will be very difficult to get tickets for Celtic - Bayern. I can´t wait much time because I need to buy the flights, as they will be more expensive if I wait until the week of the match. I don't have much hope today in to get the tickets. Probably I'm going to have to conform with Celtic - Kilmarnock. I think the environment will not be so spectacular as Celtic - Bayern, will be?

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Probably not.

Celtic have many season ticket holders now, I think like 52,500 and for the Bayern game we will only have like 55,000 tickets and Celtic only activate Season ticket holders cards for the match which is their season ticket so even if season ticket holders cant go they would only give it to friends or family. So there is only about 2,500 paper tickets for the match and they will have been bought by people desperate to go so there is really barely any basically no spare tickets that people will sell that you get a lot from other teams.

7. PabloDiablo

I understand, thank you very much for your specific information. One last question, do you know how is the price range aprox for this match?

Thanks again!

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The tickets were £50 I think so about €55, which is more expensive than they usually were, they went up in price a lot this season.

PabloDiablo likes this.
  9. PabloDiablo

I need help! I have not much time to go from Edimburg Airport to Celtic Park on 28th october. Do you know if Uber works good there? Do you know any sharing car platform or something similar? Taxis are very very expensive.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    How much time do you have?

11. PabloDiablo

About 2 hours only. I'm seeing the possibility of rent a car. I think it will be the best option.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    What do you want to do in that time, get from the airport to your hotel and then to the match?

There is a bus from Edinburgh Airport to Glasgow Buchanan Bus Station, it takes 55 minutes to 1 hour and then you can store your bag in the bus station and get a taxi to the match(it would only take like 10-15 minutes to get to a taxi and then to the stadium and it would only maybe cost like £5-7) the bus is like £7-10) also so it would cost about £15 for the bus and taxi, you should make the kick off.

StPauli1916 and PabloDiablo like this.
  13. PabloDiablo

Thank you very much for your tips, you are helping me a lot. I know we should have planned better our trip.

Looking for the bus you told me I have seen this timetable http://www.citylink.co.uk/timetables/Winter2017/air-sep17.pdf. I think I would get 13:25 bus so maybe I would arrive to Celtic Park about 14:45. I will compare prices with rent a car, maybe it will be worth it to rent a car as I could use it during my holidays there and to come back to the airport, although it will be more expensive. I only see a trouble and it is that I have never driven by the left side. :giggle1:

I don´t want to take more risks than necessary as I would love to be in the stadium a few minutes before of kick off. You sing You'll never walk alone in all the matches, isn´t?

Thank you again. If some day you decide to come to Vigo of course I will help you too ;)

14. Jann

good morning from Germany!

I´m also still searching for Celtic-Bayern tickets, flights are already booked. Hope someone can assist.
    In return I can arrange (up to 4) tickets for St. Pauli if you like.

On the other hand, please let me know if there is any chance to buy tickets in front of the stadium? normal ticket price + beer. (I´m not willing to pay 500£ for a ticket... better to spend my money at some pub :) )

Many thanks
    Jann

15. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

You'd have loads of time if that's the bus you plan to get what time do you arrive?

16. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Best place to find tickets on match day is the area next to the Celtic Superstore and Pools Office. This is near the main entrance. Be down early say about 6pm and any spare tickets will be sold at face value.

You can also try the many Celtic pubs on the Gallowgate which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium. A straight road and very easy to find your way to the stadium. Bayern fans will be in the area also and in the city so there is always the chance they might even have spare tickets?

If anyone asks for more than face stay away from them.

You can also contact me on the day and meet up and if I can help find you a spare ticket I will.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. PabloDiablo

I arrive to Edimburg Airport at 12:55 and the match is at 15:00. So I think would get the bus that departs form Edimburg Airport at 13:25 (http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/celtic-bayern.146048/#post-5716297) and arrives to Buchanan Bus Station 48 at 14:21. If I can store my bag in bus station, do you think I would arrive on time at the stadium if I get a taxi?

Thank you very much!

18. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    If at the bus station on time then it will be tight but yes you should just about make it in time. Do you have your match ticket already? What area of the stadium is it for?

PabloDiablo likes this.
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Yeah you should be fine, there is a Taxi rank at the bus station, so one you drop off your bags you will be in the taxi in 2 minutes, traffic will be quite bad but it should only take 20 minutes at most to get to the stadium.

[​IMG]

Im not sure where in there you store bags or how long it takes but even if it takes 10 minutes you will still have 25-30 minutes to get to the match which should be fine.

It says on their website:

Left Luggage
    All luggage deposited in this facility is subjected to a search prior to being accepted. Maximum use is 24 hours only.

• Small (hand baggage): £5.00
    • Medium (backpacks): £6.00
    • Large (large suitcases) £7.00

What area are your tickets for the match in?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    PabloDiablo likes this.
  20. PabloDiablo

Thank you vey much to everybody, your information is very useful. People like you is the biggest reason why I follow Celtic haha.

My tickets are for 105 section. Enter via: T32-T39 - ORANGE

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017