1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuart Armstrong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Xavier Woods, Feb 2, 2015.

Discuss Stuart Armstrong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Reading between the lines his representitives weren't responding to the deal, the will to sign was their from both parties but Armstrongs camp was hedging it's bets in regards to offers. Brendan kinda laid the gauntlet down this week and I think that's why it's going to be signed now.

Ultimately Armstrong is in charge of what his agents are doing but it looks like he was letting them take the lead.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Should sack his agent IMO as he's gone from being a guaranteed starter to needing to fight his way into the team again.

Terrible advising.

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Telling you straight I think that this guy will be gone next season. He will finish his degree and move for a more lucrative deal. All this hiding behind the agent just didn't wash with me. He's a clever fella and it doesn't pay to underestimate him. He could have drawn a line under all of that if he chose too. If you ask me he's got a bit carried away with all the hype surrounding him and songs being sung about him. The perfect time for anyone wanting to leave would have been on the back of such a successful season....he obviously thinks he's ready for that step up and he doesn't strike me as having a fraction of the commitment James Forrest or KT has.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. blink1eto'o

OH BRENDAN SAID
    WE'RE GONNA PLAY HIM IN CENTRE MID
    OOOO WORDS CANT DESCRIBE
    WHEN I SEE HIM IN YHE GREEN AND WHITE
    HIS HAIR IS FINE
    HE SCORES BELTERS ALL THE TIME
    THATS WHY WE'LL SING THIS SONG
    FOR STUART ARMSTRONG

* the haters, Armstrong is a top player

Ewang83 and cidermaster like this.
  5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I don't hate him.......far from it. I think that he's a terrific player who could get even better. I just don't trust him to stay.

Gabriel likes this.
  6. Pacific Ocean Blue

Pleased he's staying

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Don't know if he'll be gone next season or not.

If he does it will be because he can't get back in the team. Broony, Cham, Rogic, McGregor all ahead of him now. Plus we have Kouassi and Benyu pushing. And what if Paddy does come home?

Yep, @Deebo67 is right terrible advice from his agent and wrong to let it drag out so long. First couple of bad games. Fans will be on his back.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  8. Murph-E

Delighted he's set to sign the new deal. Took longer than it should have, but with how stingy our board can be I refuse to not consider the idea we lowballed early offers which lead to it dragging out in the first place.

cammy07 likes this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Firstly it'll be good news when he signs his contract. Think Pete almost meet his match with the adviser who has played a blinder tbh as he has ,no doubt, got improved terms on the original contract offer. Now, if/when he does leave we will get far more than we would have, so that's good news also.

10. Ak1

Well let's wait until there's an official club statement before getting to excited.

Regrettably I believe this is how top players will now negotiate with Celtic, with our recruitment dependant on CL qualification.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Roberts return now, and possibly the big Moose also make a statement over the next couple of weeks.
    Either way, great work last night guys.

11. gary88

Are there many players you trust to stay in today's game?

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Tierney.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 and seanm like this.
  13. seanm

we could get 20 million for kieran problem is he would never ever leave celtic. he gets us and i love the boy for that. money doesnt come into it for him he will be here till hes old and grey.HH.

Peej likes this.
  14. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Even though he's set to sign this whole saga has left an impression - and not a good one.

For me, I just won't be able to take to Armstrong again.

I'm pleased as he's a decent player and this extension has guaranteed us demanding a better fee for when he next decided he wants to play brinkmanship.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. jamesfr

Glad you are staying but don't do that again and sack yer * agent.

16. gary88

Not really had to find out though. Thing is stuart isn't a celtic fan and football's a short career which im sure he'll know as an intelligent guy. Think he's quite right to try and get the best deal he can

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A couple of months ago, I was confident he'd sign and we'd see him continuing the form that we saw so often last season, but the longer it dragged on, the more I doubted his intentions. I don't think that Armstrong was a Celtic fan growing up so there's no doubt he'd have been considering his options. Nothing wrong with that as players will always look out for their own interests first; plus he doesn't have that fan loyalty imprinted in his brain that someone like Tierney might.

Now that it looks like this mini saga is finally going to be put to bed, I hope he can recover the form that saw him perform so well for us. Personally, I think it would be incredibly immature to hold a grudge against him for not signing the contract as soon as it was offered to him.

cammy07 likes this.
  18. Ak1

He's certainly got work to do to re-establish the fans affection. But, he does constantly provide a goal threat and assisted Griff again last night.

Ultimately he's a bright guy and attempting to secure his and his families future. While the reality is most fans would play for the hoops for nothing.

19. shieldsybhoy

His agency is one run by the PFA. Would have thought they'd have wanted top players to stay in Scotland. Anyway, he needs to get himself back in the team. At the moment, he isn't a certain starter.

20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I certainly wouldn't hold a grudge against him but I don't see him in the light that I do the likes of KT