1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Big els, Aug 7, 2017.

Discuss Celtic TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    hi folks, was thinking in subscribing to Celtic TV. although there's not much info on the website. I did see its £50 for the year but it doesn't say if that includes all our matches home/away and the ones in Europe. Just lookin for some advice on whether you think it's worth it.

I don't have sky, just a freeview box so wondered if I could still access it on my TV if I did decide to purchase it.

Cheers

2. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

just reminded me i need to cancel mine

3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Waste of money if you live in the UK.

McManus4 and celtic20 like this.
  4. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Live matches only if you live outside the UK/Ireland. Some use a VPN to fool the site into thinking they are abroad. The price is higher for overseas customers though. I pay £15 pm. And it's through PC etc only, although you could use an HDMI cable to attach to the TV.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Norm Peterson likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You'd need a smart TV or linked up from laptop through a cable.

6. celtic20

Completely agree with the two above. Bought mine back in April and it was a stupid move. Don't get live games and basically just get clips of training and full press conferences. Full matches are then uploaded the night the game finished.

If you live in the UK, save your money

7. Norm Peterson

Sent you a pm bud. :50:

8. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Thanks folks. Think I'll stick with the streams then!!

9. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Just wondering if people think ticket sales would drop at Celtic park if Celtic tv showed the games live? Or if Sky sports/bt showed more home games?

I personally think that we would still sell out 60k a game, considering we sold so many season tickets - but why would the board and celtic tv play these games unless they thought ticket sales would fall?

The situation against Rosenborg was mad. Norweigian telly couldnt even buy the rights to the game at parkhead off of us because dermot and the board wouldnt sell it to them in the fear we'd stream it online. I think that's mad. If you're gonna go to the match, youre gonna go to the match - and the fact its on norweigian streams isnt going to stop you

10. lockerbie-bhoy

Don't think sales would drop. As you say if you can go to a game you`ll go.
    I bought Celtic TV and wont be renewing it. A bit * of having spent £80 and see theres hardly any live matches and those there has been were unstreamable and a complete farce.

11. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Does anyone know why CelticTV doesnt accept Paypal or bank transfer, is this standard in Scotland?

12. Norm Peterson

It was WorldPay I think they use. Surprised myself you couldn't do it through PayPal.

13. 7bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    john hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    i signed up on saturday,trying to catch a stream of the match,was doing my head in,i thought * it join up and see any match i want,,no more streams,,happy days..picked the £80 option as it included hd of all the matches,,paid up and tried to watch the 2nd half and all i got was audio,,,sent a message to celtic tv received the reply only audio no live matches,,so now I'm thinking why the * call it celtic tv and offer matches in high quality definition but dont show live games,,contacted them on monday after 3 emails got a number and was refunded straight away,,* now ill have to go back down the pub

14. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

* this is a ball ache to cancel

kramer1 likes this.
  15. Nowhereman

Hate the service, it's expensive as *, but its unfortunately the only way for me to see games reliably here in the USA.

kramer1 and Ghotti Bhoy like this.
  16. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Remember if you live in the UK download a VPN and ensure it's started before visiting the site this way you can subscribe as if you don't live in the UK.. I think 12 or 15 a month..every game live..again VPN needs to be running before you attempt to access or play the live stream..you can use a UK debit card and for the address details you can Google any address out with the UK it doesn't matter what you put in as long as it's not UK based

FranceCelt likes this.
  17. Sporting CP Bhoy

I live in that US as well, and I'm thinking about subscribing to it CelticTV, as I want to reliably watch the games. Doing my homework before I subscribe, what is the biggest problem with the service? Is the streaming unstable? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  18. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Celtic Tv and whoever runs the Media department need to be kicked asap. 'Watch the bhoys train'- facebook stream in 144p definition, you can hardly make out any of the players- if you'renot going to do it right why bother? Hate man city and liverpool but their behind the scenes videos, challenges, tunnel cam are class, while we have videos like this-

19. Nowhereman

Ultimately, the streams for games are pretty reliable and I never miss a game that they're able to show. Still, the behind the scenes stuff is pretty forgettable and I only really turn it on for the games.

Sporting CP Bhoy likes this.
  20. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Haven't paid for it in a year or two but I quickly cancelled after a few months because the video was * quality and the announcers were * bias and unprofessional. If we were to put a bit more effort into this department it could be worth it, but from my experience a total waste of money even in the US where it's hard to find games.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.