1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 19, 2017.

Discuss UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

we have a bigger break in the winter and shorter break in the summer, we can treat the league cup for what it is in the grand scheme of things a diddy cup, so play our 2nd string in that like manchester utd and arsenal do down south

its getting to be ridiculous we have to come to terms with modernity in football like all the other smaller nations are, we are a small less than 5million population nation, with terrible weather

we aren't england with a 60 million population and tons of really well supported teams that make up a decent league and all the money that goes with it

how many times do we have to get dumped or almost dumped out of europe early on because we aren't sharpenED enough to the prospect ahead

if this is not the answer then maybe the players are unprofessional in that they let themselves go too much, put weight on drink a lot and come back to training in really poor shape for a human being never mind a professional footballer that plays for CELTIC

ChrisMoh and The Regime like this.
  2. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Let's hope the players don't feel the same way mate .

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. apevrak

I've watched Rosenborg about six times so far this season and I see about two Eliteserien matches every weekend. Rosenborg vary in quality of course, but have only lost two in 23 matches this season (all tournaments). That is a strong feat. I also watch every televised Celtic game and IMO the quality of SPFL beneath Celtic is rather poor and on par with Eliteserien. Rosenborg is a quality team by Norwegian and Scottish standards, but should be closer to the sheeps than us. I would be extremely disappointed, but not overly surprised if they actually managed to knock us out on Wednesday. Let's hope to * Celtic turn up.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  4. Sween

For info, the exchange has celtic at 1.7 and rosenburg at 2.3 to qualify. Feels about right.

5. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yeah I had a look last night and were available to back at 1.72 and lay at 1.75

I think it will settle about

Celtic 3-4
    Rosenberg 13-10

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just anything but * penalties. I couldn't handle that kind of nervousness.

7. clonbhoy

European results from Norway, like Scotland, have been poor this year. Considering Norway is mid-season and does all it can to help its European competitors, you would expect better. I think Scottish teams underperform due to a host of reasons, but the best word to describe them in Europe is underprepared, something the Norwegian teams can't be accused of.
    Rosenborg are averaging 2 points a game in a 16 team league, I think 16 is too many for a smaller nation, I believe in keeping the quality at the top, and have had some awful results in that. I believe there have been better and stronger Norwegian teams in Europe over the past few years and my opinion remains unchanged. I think if Aberdeen played Rosenborg in mid-season I would expect them to win, even with rubbish like Stockley and Maynard up front.
    I would be shocked if Celtic go out and don't think it will happen, if Griff is fit then I think it will be comfortable and we will all wonder what we were fretting about.

cidermaster and JML67 like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That's fair enough, but unfortunately I've seen Celtic play away in Europe too many times and we always underperform, compared to at home where we usually punch well above our weight.

I don't doubt Brendan or the players but when you look at our record it speaks for itself.

9. clonbhoy

I know, we always make it difficult! When making a prediction or placing a bet, I tend not to dwell on teams historical records and base it on the here and now. Based on that, Celtic to qualify at 3/4 seems like very good value and I will be investing.

JML67 likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I honestly think it's more the end of what your saying especially with teams like St johnstone they do t cone back early enough because they believe they are already coming back early

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Right changed my mind,we win 11-0

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Hopefully we score more goals than they do.

13. Paradise88

2-0 to the hoops!

Rosenberg to miss 3 sitters

14. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Is there anything stoppin sfa from changin the format,you would think scottish teams to do well in europe would be a priority.In a country like scotland it would make sense to have the season played in summer,weather etc

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

they should do everything they can to help scottish teams do well in europe as it benefits the national teams standing i believe (well it used to)

but the sfa are such an * outfit and probably bigoted to the core like the rest of the establishment

16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Have you got the odds on Rosenborg winning but fielding an ineligible player?

StPauli1916 and Murph-E like this.
  17. Murph-E

Even a 1-1 draw puts us through. Can only see mentality causing a downfall here.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. Maestro 08

General assumption from most, BR included is that Rosenborg are going to open up and take the game to us tomorrow leaving us room to exploit them. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will play the game much like they did at Celtic Park. Keeping solid at the back and looking to use counter attacks and set pieces to expose us. Hope we are ready for it. Its going to be a nail biter.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  19. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    0-0 isnt a bad result to take away from home, though there is no air of optimism at the moment. Griffiths will make a difference, and I hope that Armstrong starts as well. His goal threat could be crucial. For me the team would be. Gordon, Lustig, Ajer, Jozo, KT, Brown Armstrong, McGregor, Ntcham, Sinclair, Rogic, Griffiths.

20. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    If you pay for premier sports can someone watch on a second device?