1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

1. No they haven't. You haven't used that in the context I used it at all.

2. Your first thought when fellow supporters get banned is to come on here and rub it in someones face. Well done you, you must be so proud.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

What happened to freedom of speech??? Bigots regularly allowed to march through our street ain't a problem but express a degree of political opinion in your own home and place gets shut. * that for logic

3. Lennon2011

It's only freedom of speech if you're shouting what they want you to shout.

Xatraps and TheHappyLoss like this.
  4. freitassen

The highest fine Celtic ever got was about 45k. Linfield got 9k for Throwing of objects and pitch invasions. Racist offenses usually lead to fines of the order of 10k.

To think the board created this mass * up because of more or less two weeks of GMSs wage.

Furthermore their intentiond were already clear before the first Linfield match.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Celtic FC is the fans and the Company that runs us would do well to remember that.

There needs to be more consultation with fans before the company/PLC make descisions on our behalf.

Celtic to be owned and controlled by the supporters in the long term a fans representative elected to the board now.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Treading dangerous ground with that statement, by your logic Rangers never died. Which we all know is a bare faced lie.

7. Millerntor

Wednesday seen the biggest rebfest at Celtic Park in years, perhaps to be expected. What was going through the minds of the majority of the crowd who took part in this given we have already been fined by UEFA for this sort of singing - did they suddenly not care about UEFA fines?

Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

Bollocks..

The PLC likes to be called the 'Company' when it has dealings with the Celtic Trust..

What does PLC stand for?

9. TheHappyLoss

Peter Lawwell's Cleansing?

10. henke67

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Is celtic football club the fans supporting it, or is it the board who run it, or the players who play for it, Tbh I believe it's all three, plus many other things that make up the club as we know it.

11. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    For a start they could have waited for the disciplinary hearing and see what the outcome was.

They could ( and this is not something I would have wanted to have happened) identified who actually held the banners.

Besides it was you that said " u cant blame every single person in that part of the stadium)"

freitassen, Gabriel and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Bollocks? Youve just perpuated the myth that a football club can't be liquidated only it's holding club can. That's what is utter bollocks.

Celtic is ran by a board elected by its shareholders, that's the legal reality. The supporters will always be the lifeblood and without them there is no club but that doesn't get away from the fact Celtic is a business like any other. If it gets liquidated, as they did, it no longer exists.

13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In complete fairness this I concede is in actualfact completely correct, I remember going to games in the 80s in the times of the troubles, Brighton bombing, Warrington etc in the 80s, certainly there were the rebels, I also think the "soon their will be no Protestants at all" line I heard being sung more but overall absolitely there was not the politics on show or being aired in the stadium as today,a few sometimes talked about the issue of Palestine, Basque, Catalonia issues but it was not of any real prominence despite what anyone might care to think, people will also do well to remember as Mark Walters would probably remind us that back then there was plenty of stuff going on in Celtic Park and away games that we would rightly condone today,not just at Hun games either, one game at Arsenal in the David O Leary Testimonial I distinctly remember a lot of racist comments being slung about in our end, so things have not always been how they are today, possibly the younger generation won't are can't grasp that fact.

The internet possibly has fuelled much of this with many contributions being given a platform from people who don't go to the games or as indeed in this threads case, some people who don't seem to contribute to a football forum other than on the subject of left wing politics, this situation simply didn't exist back then and any talk on these sort of things was mainly confined to home and the pubs amongst those with a specific interest in these issues.

I'd also add the correct analogy that someone made that stated Celtic say football and politics can't mix when they chose consistently to put politicians on their own board of directors is quite an odd thing to do if you want to take such a hard line on political banners, they might have more credibility if they practiced what they preached, Celtic who despite what any of us think are a business should maybe ponder whether political influence within a boardroom is also something that should be allowed to mix?

This thread will linger on but as someone said earlier a certain Mr Hawthorn (who I've a pal who had personal dealings with and can confirm is an utter *) boasted he wanted the GB to "hang themselves" in any case and this agenda is probably the key thing in all this rather than getting bogged down in whether a banner upsets me or you or if it's relevant to take Palestine and Basque flags to a football match

14. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Not too sure about drinking on metro mate , we are meeting in TIC at 11 few Swalleys then heading over

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Where have I said that.. Celtic is a PLC a Public Limited Company, if the Company was liquidated that would be the club.

The PLC Board run the club and the point I'm making is that the Club is the fans and the club/company would do well to remember that!

You are the only one trying to perpetuate a myth.

freitassen and packybhoy like this.
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Provos Leave Celtic?:celt_2:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    StPauli1916 and JC Anton like this.
  17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Now I've learned the disciplinary is next Friday my hunch is they know any stadium ban would be enforced for the play off, the fact the Rosenburg game has come round so quickly is maybe their opportunity to say "look we've acted" before then in the hope of seeing off the total closure of a stand etc.

I think they are in poker speak "trying their hand" to limit the damage

Xatraps likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :rofl:

19. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    No my first thought was to come on here and post a video of the Celtic v Atletico Madrid game in 85,warning people off a possible ground closers,you where the one going on about people being hysterical, biting your bangers,now that it has happened you're insulted,it doesn't give me any pleasure to see fellow fans barred from Celtic Park,be it by UEFA or the board and I hate to see all this infighting among the supporters,but at the end of the day I just want to watch the team I love play football,I live in Belfast and wasn't happy the club didn't take there tickets,but I lived with it,by the way what context do you use 'bite your bangers' in Hail Hail

20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You know what.....I actually like that

They've not wasted UEFAs time by stupidly appealing it like most clubs do and try to claim no responsibility for something that clearly happened, they've said ok we accept the charges and the scumbags throwing bottles are being hunted in order to be punished and in effect pay the clubs fine through the courts.

If it's as I suspect some * neds with not a pot to pish into then they are in for a long ride but the fact these scumbags will be prosecuted for damages is brilliant, never thought I'd praise Linfield in any way but they're you go.....there's a first time for everything