1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic, Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic News' started by Callum McGregor, Jul 12, 2017.

By Callum McGregor on Jul 12, 2017 at 1:25 PM
  1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    [​IMG]

Celtic have signed 21 year old Frenchman, Jules Olivier Ntcham, from Manchester City. He signs a four year deal and has already stated his ambition to do well for the club.
    "It's a nice feeling to be here at Celtic and I want to win everything at Celtic as I have never won a trophy before," he said in a statement.

"I'm most looking forward to the derby and playing in the Champions League. I remember them beating Barcelona five years ago in the group stages. Not every club gets to play in this competition so I'm happy to have the chance to play there with Celtic.

"Celtic is a fresh challenge for me. While Genoa are a good team, I knew they wouldn't win Serie A as they were not a top team like Juventus, but I know Celtic are a big team in Scotland."

He has spent the previous two years on loan at Genoa in Serie A, appearing 41 times. In search of further first team football, the young Frenchman will look to force his way into Brendan Rodgers' treble winning invincibles. It won't be an easy task, but his experience in Italy can only help him as he aims to stake his claim for a starting spot.