1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reaction to good or awful decision(with poll)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CelticKurd, Jun 23, 2017.

Discuss Reaction to good or awful decision(with poll) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Sorry mate I'm * mad wae it and can't tell weather you agree with me or no :giggle1:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

UP THE * PROVOS. GLORY TO THE MEMORY OF THE MEN THAT FOUGHT AND DIED.

Sorry for raising my voice :84:

Drakhan, DoTheBroony, Rendog and 4 others like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The club have been weak around the issue though, why have we agreed to play on the Friday and yet not taken any tickets? Presumably that date was agreed as it was safe enough? The absence of fans is Celtic trying to protect our image, no doubt.

Linfield and the PSNI are basically saying they can't guarantee the safety of the players, staff and officials on the 11th/12th due to the threat of sectarian violence. So why are we making it easy for them by agreeing to the Fri thus acquiescing to the very thing that we as a support and the nationalist community in Belfast find so abhorrent.

We should have insisted on a switch of the legs or movement to a neutral venue. It wouldn't effect the overall result..

I get that the community in Belfast would have to deal with the aftermath of such a powder-keg fixture and could probably do without this football match during the height of the marching season. However to say that it could potentially send the country back twenty years is an overreaction. It's a football match and Celtic fans should have had the opportunity to travel if they saw fit. We weren't even consulted by the club.

We are no angels, no doubt, there's no way we would take 4,000 tickets either, closer to 1500 I'd say. And if rabid Huns can't cope with our song book without flying into a sectarian rampage that's their issue.

The club have shown a lack of insight into how the fans feel about supporting our club.

This is Celtic banning ourselves from supporting our club in Ireland and for me that's not good enough.

4. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What's the point in moving the date of the game if we aren't taking tickets ?

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Let's just get it done as stress free as we can and get the CL cash in the bank.

* the fans until we need to ask them to sign up for the three game group stage package.

packybhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    At least it's some other * than me this weekend :fear:

Doogs. likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Even without fans...the 2 legs will still be the biggest doing Republicans have given the Ulster Planters since Billy Wright got put to rest resembling a cheese grater.

Drakhan likes this.
  8. Murph-E

At least the police allowed that one to happen as planned :fear:

9. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

It's not an overreaction, I'm not saying it's probable, but there are many possible scenarios that could raise tensions to those not seen in 20 odd years.

Take the London riots, for example. Imagine if some young catholic boy was to get a hiding in the cells or whatever and pass away. It could cause bedlam, places like Belfast are only one or two 'incidents' away from carnage. A notoriously divided city like that could really do without a Celtic-Linfield match on, or around, the 12th.

It is a football match, but it's not just a football match. Not in Belfast, not in early July.

Before you, or anyone, says that's unlikely or conjecture - It is. I'm not saying it's likely, just trying to look at it from an objective pov, the relevant authorities/decision makers pov.

I agree regarding the switch of venues, I also agree that it's abhorrent that we cannot take supporters to a football match. It's disgraceful. What I object to is the blame being solely laid at the clubs door - that's wrong. IMO, this decision has come after talks with the PSNI, who will have enough to deal with that week. Imagine the uproar if Celtic had gone against PSNI advice, taken the briefs, and then we had a night of violence. It's a lose, lose.

I want our fans there, but that's me being selfish. If the police and Celtic think it's too risky, then I'll accept that.

As for the 4000, I read that was our allocation on the BBC days before this announcement. As for the number, it doesn't really matter. All it takes in a hostile environment like the 12th, is one incident and the rest snowballs.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56:

11. Eazey

this raises the question, will Linfield be taking up their ticket allocation to paradise?

12. Bratfurdbhoy1

I here linfield are getting 1500 tickets plus the local Huns who will join in I suppose. Belfast is a city where we belong. Look what happened to Belfast Celtic they got run out of time we should be going even if it is only an act of defiance

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Will be the loudest "Get the Brits out now!" Paradise has ever heard.

Rendog likes this.
  14. Murph-E

Their chairman has already said yes, as they should.

The most annoying part is, it really wouldn't be all that difficult to segregate and police the match. Windsor isn't all that difficult to get to. Just have to keep the Celtic fans in for a while after the final whistle, similar to Ibrox at times.

I understand talks with the police convincing Celtic not to take the allocation, but I really think the board are terrified of another fine for any banners/singing and have * themselves.

Paid a * fortune numerous times as a student the last 4 years for trips to Glasgow, but when Celtic get drawn to play Champions League qualifiers a few miles away from my house, the club says you can't have a ticket. It's pretty frustrating.

Eazey, packybhoy, KRS-1888 and 2 others like this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yep. Of course they will.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Fans will travel anyway, won't make a shred of difference off the pitch.

packybhoy likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I totally understand the potential for violence.. and UEFA, PSNI, Linfield and Govt all need to take their share of the blame for the situation.

My issue with our board is that they seem to have jumped at the chance not to have any of our fans attending the game. If the tie was reversed there was potential for trouble in the away leg anyway, this way the club doesn't have to worry about its reputation at all. I don't buy we need home advantage in the 2nd leg, we will qualify comfortably either way. The Friday game seems like a cop out, what's the point of moving the game yet take no tickets?

What about the players, I'm sure they would have liked some support in amongst the hatred they will face.

The club has taken the easy option here no doubt.

Murph-E and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :50:

19. Henke102

Could have managed it better, send the Liaison Officer over to communicate with the Belfast CSC's and sell them solely to their members and possibly ST holders in Belfast and surrounding areas if any left over. That way these supporters know where to go and where to avoid, and stops any sort of trouble on the travel over.

King of Kings, packybhoy and JC Anton like this.
  20. Murph-E

Aye I'll probably head down to the bars in the Ormeau Road area about a mile away from the ground see what the craic is. Holylands student area close by as well so they're lucky in a way it's summer because most will be back at home until term starts in September, and most from there would be fenians more than up for heading down to Windsor.

Could still turn out a fun day actually.