1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Draft] The List Draft - Offical Thread

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Keano88, Apr 22, 2017.

Discuss The List Draft - Offical Thread in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Having a double pick in this draft is a good advantage.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

I ain't complaining :84::84::84:

Callum McGregor likes this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mr Monaghan - Lionel Messi, Ferenc Puskás, Lothar Matthäus, Claude Makelele, Bobby Moore,

Minty - Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Daniel Passarella, Alfredo Di Stefano, Peter Schmeichel,

Deebo - Eusébio, Zinedine Zidane, Ronald Koeman, Sepp Maier, Jimmy Johnstone,

THG - Johan Cruyff, Gabriel Batistuta, Ronaldinho, George Best, Michel Preud'homme

Dear Hunter - Gerd Müller, Javier Zanetti, Michel Platini, Johan Neeskens, Gordon Banks

Keano88 - Paolo Maldini, Frank Rijkaard, Philipp Lahm, Ronaldo, Juan Román Riquelme

V For Vendetta - Pelé, George Weah, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Sergio Aguero

@mark82 - Andres Iniesta, Diego Maradona, Clarence Seedorf, Gianluigi Buffon, Fritz Walter

Pennywise - Franz Beckenbauer, Marco Van Basten, Pavel Nedved, Lilian Thuram, Franco Baresi, Javier Mascherano

Idioteque - Roberto Carlos, Luis Suarez, Jaap Stam, Laurent Blanc, Juan Sebastian Veron, Didier Drogba,

Black fella - Raúl, Henrik Larsson, Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Cafu, Fabio Cannavaro

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Luis Figo

[​IMG]

Mr Monaghan - Lionel Messi, Ferenc Puskás, Lothar Matthäus, Claude Makelele, Bobby Moore,

Minty - Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Daniel Passarella, Alfredo Di Stefano, Peter Schmeichel,

THG - Johan Cruyff, Gabriel Batistuta, Ronaldinho, George Best, Michel Preud'homme

Dear Hunter - Gerd Müller, Javier Zanetti, Michel Platini, Johan Neeskens, Gordon Banks

Keano88 - Paolo Maldini, Frank Rijkaard, Philipp Lahm, Ronaldo, Juan Román Riquelme

@V For Vendetta - Pelé, George Weah, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Sergio Aguero

mark82 - Andres Iniesta, Diego Maradona, Clarence Seedorf, Gianluigi Buffon, Fritz Walter, Luis Figo

Pennywise - Franz Beckenbauer, Marco Van Basten, Pavel Nedved, Lilian Thuram, Franco Baresi, Javier Mascherano

Idioteque - Roberto Carlos, Luis Suarez, Jaap Stam, Laurent Blanc, Juan Sebastian Veron, Didier Drogba,

Black fella - Raúl, Henrik Larsson, Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Cafu, Fabio Cannavaro

Twisty and Keano88 like this.
  5. Keano88

A bit surprised Figo lasted this long as a good few people have had 'Other' pics so far.

He was on my 2 man shortlist for my next pick, so you've made my mind up for me Marko!

Marty McFly likes this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

I was eyeing him up if I had got to Portugal :54:

Oh well....

Marty McFly likes this.
  7. Keano88

Since @V For Vendetta has to pick an Italian player and seeing as I have already done a write up.

I'll go for the 3 time South American Player of the Year - Elías Figueroa.

[​IMG]

image.png

Known as "Don Elías", Figueroa was noted for having a keen ability to neutralize attacks as a defender with his great reading of the game and tight marking ability. Figueroa also had the ability to start counter-attacks from the back-line thanks to his composure on the ball, vision, and good range of passing. His playing style as a sweeper was frequently compared to Franz Beckenbauer, but while the German often looked for long, killer balls upfield, Figueroa typically used shorter, incisive passes to spring his team-mates forward.

Known for his leadership, he also had a reputation of being a clean and fair player. Only once in his entire career was he shown a red card and was selected as captain for every team he played for.

According to journalist Nelson Rodrigues, "Figueroa was elegant as an earl dressed in suit, and dangerous as a Bengal Tiger. Elias Figueroa was the perfect defender."

Mr. Slippyfist and Marty McFly like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Some excellent picks in this draft.

Too close to call now, I think.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Didn't have time to add a bio for Puskas but found this pretty * funny:

"Comparisons are made with George Best, not least because Puskas enjoyed a similarly hectic social life. Tales of his drinking exploits with Jim Baxter are legion, and the late Scotland winger, who maintained that the Hungarian had just two words of English - "vhisky" and "jiggy-jig" - often told the story of arriving at a party in Drumchapel on the outskirts of Glasgow to find Puskas "jiggy-jigging" in the scullery"

Jiggy Jig:56:

Marty McFly and Callum McGregor like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nope. Pennywise has him.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I also didn't realise he was banned from football for 2 years for refusing to return to Hungary, then signed for Real Madrid at 31. Went on to score 7 goals in 2 European Cup Finals, mental!

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's a real shame about Puskas that when I hear his name I immediately picture him like this

[​IMG]

Mr Shelby likes this.
  15. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Roberto Baggio

16. Keano88

Keano88 - Paolo Maldini, Frank Rijkaard, Philipp Lahm, Ronaldo, Juan Román Riquelme, Elías Figueroa,

V For Vendetta - Pelé, George Weah, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Sergio Agüero, Roberto Baggio,

mark82 - Andres Iniesta, Diego Maradona, Clarence Seedorf, Gianluigi Buffon, Fritz Walter, Luis Figo

@Dear Hunter

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Why are you posting pictures of Kris Boyd???

Marty McFly and Keano88 like this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

One of the finest Spanish football players of his generation, and one of the best ever. The one and only...

Jesus Nav...

Carles Puyol

[​IMG]

@TheHolyGoalie

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Keano88 likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Yeah I think of that too.:56:

Fantastic player though, one of the best.

20. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony