1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: WWII

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Mar 25, 2017.

Discuss Call of Duty: WWII in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I was just reading about some details there. Looks quality. The multiplayer will have a social hub like the Tower in Destiny to * about in between matches. The single player sounds interesting as well, set in 1944 and 1945 in the European Theater.

This is the COD game I've been wanting for a few years now.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The trailer reminded me of the missions from COD3.

I'll be buying this for sure. It looks like a combination of all the COD WWII games and Medal of Honour Frontline combined.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  3. Aidan O’Shea

* sake, I only have a PS3 so won't be able to play it. Love WWII games!

Anyone know where to get a PS4 on the cheap?

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I dont think there is going to be a remaster along with this, but I am happy enough that they are going back to boots on the ground and in the setting of my favourite game ever.

I wonder will they remaster the likes of WAW and MW2 in the future though, I would say if they were going to remaster WAW it will be 2018 with Treyarchs new game. The problem for them this year with COD4 being remastered is that it seems to have split the community - half the players are playing COD4 and the other half are on Infinite Warfare.

I'm probably a good example because if they didn't remaster COD4 I would have still bought Infinite Warfare and played it just because its COD, but instead I've put about 3 days into COD4 and only around 2 hours into Infinite Warfare.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Finally back to it's roots and boots on the ground!
    Hope they put a lot of effort into the campaign, loved the campaigns in MW1 & 2 and WAW.

7. Moustache

Just wanted to posted a few details that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread yet. Most of it comes from an interview conducted by Polygon (which you can read here) which has been summarised below.

• The game will release on November 3rd, 2017 for PC, PS4, and XB1. It's being developed by Sledgehammer Games, the studio behind Advanced Warfare.

• The game's multiplayer will be revealed at E3 (at either Activision or Sony's show)

• There will be a three day long, possibly longer, private beta that you can get into by pre-ordering.

• The campaign primarily focuses on the European theater and follows the actions of a U.S. 1st Infantry Division squad from the perspective of rookie private Ronald “Red” Daniels as they fight from France, through Belgium, and into Germany between 1944 to 1945.

• There will also be missions set between 1940 and 1944 which which apparently "help set the stage for the narrative and establish the characters".

• Whilst Daniels will be the main protagonist of the game you will play as other characters during the game including a French female Resistance fighter, a soldier in an African-American unit, a British officer and a child.

• The game doesn't have regenerating health.

• You will be much more vulnerable in the game in general, which is reflected in the story.

• The tutorial/prologue and first two missions in the campaign are:
      • Tutorial/Prologue: The game begins just before D-Day, in England.
      • Mission 1: Hürtgen Forest: An old-growth forest on the German border where Allied forces engage in devastating encounters. In the heat of battle, the German Army uses tree burst bombs that detonate at treetop level, showering soldiers with wooden shrapnel. When your unit is zeroed-in-on by hostile artillery, the forest explodes around you as debris rains down.
      • Mission 2: Normandy: From inside a Higgins landing boat, your squad will storm Omaha Beach in a visceral audiovisual experience unlike any D-Day landing experienced in a game to date. You and your fellow soldiers must overcome the enemy defenses to serve as the tip of the spear for the Allied invasion.

• There's also a separate cooperative campaign that they're not talking about yet.

• * Zombies will also be returning - this time with its own campaign: "* Zombies, an all-new cooperative mode featuring a unique standalone storyline set during World War II that’s full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping action."

• The game features "boots on the ground" gameplay. So the advanced movement stuff from the last few games is gone by the sound of things.

• There is now a social hub called "Headquarters" that you can play about in and interact with other players (like the Tower area from Destiny, for example).

• There's a mode called Divisions where you choose to join the Infantry, Airborne, or Armored division, create your own class, and then "progress through the ranks".

• In multiplayer you can play as American G.I's (black or white), British soldiers, female resistance fighters, Germans and more who have yet to be announced.

• There's another mode called War which is "...the name given to objective-based team contests between axis and allies that are all about taking ground, so there will be missions that task one side with defense and the other with attack." (It sounds like the Rush game mode from the Battlefield series).

A few images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I take it this is the 'Headquarters' hub that was mentioned:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  8. Bunk Moreland

Looks really good, thankfully doing away with the futuristic pish. Bought the 3 COD games I missed out recently with them being £10 each, Advanced Warfare (surprisingly good), BO3 (meh) and Infinite Warfare (utter garbage). Never been a big WW2 game fan since it was done to death by several series at one point but it's been a while and the trailer has me pretty excited for this.

Artorias likes this.
  9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Multiplayer trailer didn't really show a whole lot, looked more like another campaign trailer. The graphics look like they are going to be insane though.

Think there'll be multiplayer gameplay online today, looking forward to seeing it.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just looked like Battlefield 1:giggle1:

Saul Goodman likes this.
  11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm all for change as they can't just keep bringing out the same stuff year after year but I hope it still has a Call of Duty feel to it. I'm sure it will. Have heard they are getting rid of the 'Create a class' system and bringing in something called divisions, which sounds similar to the way the weapon set up is on Battlefield.

Artorias likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'm really looking forward to it, don't get me wrong. Just thought the trailer was a carbon copy of Battlefield, even down to the flamethrower in the trench.

But yeah, even if the class system is revamped, the gameplay will still have that more arcade-like feel to it which I'm looking forward to getting back in to.

Artorias likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

The fact you can't double jump is * said nobody ever

Artorias and Twisty like this.
  14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Looks brilliant.

15. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Did anyone play the PS4 beta. I really enjoyed it, war mode is a nice addition.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Played a small bit of it and enjoyed it, definitely going to be a good COD.

Artorias likes this.
  17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not a gamer really but I MUCH prefer the old war ones to the futuristic * in the latter CODs.

Usually wait years for them to be down to 3 quid on eBay but might just buy this one.

18. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not bought A Call Of Duty game since the first Modern Warfare, but this one looks fantastic and might pick it up if it gets a good reception. That hub area for the Allies looks fuking stunning a wonder what the German hub area is gonna look like.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Played a bit of the beta there. Not bad.

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Not really played xbox much lately but tempted to get this, anyone tried it on xbox one?