1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The attack outside British parliament

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by angusceltic67, Mar 22, 2017.

Discuss The attack outside British parliament in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Muslim weather front!!

packybhoy likes this.
  2. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

CymruBhoy likes this.
  3. oh bhoy

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    So you think whatsapp shouldn't hand over any info or alert the authorities to possible future attacks if they suspect that ?

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This isn't about that and you know it, if you think the British security services or any other for that matter can't hack WhatsApp then what's the point in them at all, this is just more snooping like their * charter which they were already doing but had to make legal, the FBI moaned like * to Apple over the San Bernardino case yet hacked the phone in under 2 minutes.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Whether they can or cant hack it, IF whatsapp become aware of something suspicious they should inform the security services, that seems only sensible and logical tbh. Obviously no * gives a * if Mr brown is * his secretary (other than Mrs Brown) but this isn't going to be making National news. If these social media systems are being used for criminal activity and its not just 'terrorists' we are talking about here they should inform the authorities.

8. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    The trouble is the public believe these progs like Spooks & Jason Bourne & fall for the bullshit message that they can track anyone. Can they *. Avoid cctv, large stores, frequent markets. If you're clever, use only cash, use only cheap pay'n'go non smart phones & replace very regularly & monitor which transmitter pings your phone & you can make these people think you're in London when your miles away. Their own technology is the best tool to use against them.
    Use a phone in London then hide it on a coach going up to Aberdeen.... the chase should be fun.
    Terrorists & criminals are mostly quite clever.

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes they should share information on terrorists, but this was not a terrorist attack it was a nutter that just happened to be Muslim convert.

atomicvertigo likes this.
  10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Its not up to the likes of whatsapp to decide on what is and isn't a terrorist. That is the reason I said criminal activity and suspicion. I would also say I aint basing this on this scummy * only either.
    You aren't saying, just because he is a nutter, that IF there was something suspicious in his messages that they shouldn't share it are you ?

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No I'm saying this whole going after WhatsApp is a load of * that's what I'm saying, and he had already been looked into by MI5 and was thought not to be a terrorist threat, im not sure what trolling through his WhatsApp is going to find when they have already said he had no terrorist links, it is basically as I said a nutcase that went on the rampage and could happen anytime anywhere, even if WhatsApp was opened up to them this would probably still have happened.

packybhoy likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Judean People's Front

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It's the same as the nutcase who beheaded the lady a few years ago. He had been in a mental hospital but the media used every angle to connect to terrorist groups.

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    But its not a load of * if whatsapp (or any other source) don't raise any suspicion they may have, that's the whole point of this. Again, I'm not saying this should be used only in potential terrorist cases. The only 'defence' seems to be its snooping. Well IF we had some kind of dictatorship here I would/may view this differently however we don't. As said its not things like Mr Brown * his secretary that is of potential interest to anyone here (really hope we don't have a Mr brown or worse a Mrs brown reading this :giggle1:). As CymruBhoy said, its not as easy as some make out tracking/looking for people/investigating, so this is only something that reduces the overall work load.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Overall work load aye right, it's about being able to see into every aspect of people's lives, as I said they were already doing the snooping the charter was to cover their *, this is just another step towards more snooping, and you think this isn't a dictatorship it's moving closer and closer to a one party state oh that's right we have choice.

16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If you really think that someone in central government/security services are really interested in 'every aspect of your life' (unless its criminal) then I don't know what to say mate. Yes we do have a choice, that is very obvious. Trying to compare the uk with actual dictatorships is a massive stretch as well.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ok it's an elected dictatorship there, and I actually would have rather the crazy * left the innocent people and just murdered the * MP's, they are a shower of corrupt scumbags that as soon as they reach any level of power forget they are there to serve us not themselves, there I hope MI5 see that. :84:

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As I said, its sensible and the sooner these companies/providers do it the better.

As for the rest of that, Am sure there are plenty of Jo * type MP's in WM.

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think some politicians do think about changing things and working for their supporters at the start of their careers. But the reality is they see the red tape and big swamp of political * they have to traipse through to get a street light in dark streets or a road crossing installed in an area of need. Now move up a level and try to get jobs into the community or better social housing, now they really see what they are up against. And as long as it remains this way, communities will not prosper, will not beat the scourge of drugs and drink and unemployment. No youth infrastructure or courses to get people in to work unless it looks good on the unemployment balance, which means the resources are not a priority only the numbers. And for the politicians at the very top, that's when they really start getting dirty. Working with arms companies and companies who are ready to grease their palms and keep them in their limos and London apartments. They are dirty and corrupt. And the system we all talk about and know so well is to keep the class system ticking over perfectly and set up to serve the purpose of keeping those that run the country at the top of the tree.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thread has gone way off topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.