1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada set to announce full legalization of weed by July 2018

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Farmer, Mar 27, 2017.

Discuss Canada set to announce full legalization of weed by July 2018 in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Farmer

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good news for Canada. I'd love to say that it should encourage the UK to follow suit but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

3. Farmer

It will. Colorado and Washington state set the precedent that allowed Canada to do so on a national scale. Dominoes will continue to fall now.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree, but I don't think it'll happen in the UK any time soon, despite taxation of it being a great opportunity to raise public funds.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The jobs it would create would be mental. The farms growing it, security protecting it, the shops selling it, transporters, sales reps, E-liquid weed :56: the tax more likely higher than actual tobacco.
    The local drug dealers out of business :56: I actually don't see why not. Sure it can cause illness and addiction but that's your choice.
    (reports say otherwise, but now apparently toast gives you cancer so * knows)

Maybe the government's saving it for when things really do go * up after Brexit :56:

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd fully support any moves to legalise it here, even though I don't smoke it. It's clearly safer than other drugs such as alcohol.

7. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds mental, but organisations like the prison guard unions, pharmaceutical companies etc are doing everything in their power to stop legalising weed.

Legal weed means less 'criminals', less folk in prison, which means less jobs needed. Police jobs will also fall into that.

Frightening, especially considering prisons are being privatised, and essentially, businesses. Even more so when private prisons are required by British law to turn profit..

The pharmaceuticals obviously stand to lose a lot of profits on pain relief etc with a natural, arguably just as effective, form on the market

The sooner weed is decriminalised, the better.

TimFloyd and Mince.Charming like this.
  8. Aidan O’Shea

Well at least Canada has done something reasonable recently!

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Always wanted to go to Canada.

10. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Off it since Dec after smoking it for nearly 20 years.
    I've held down jobs and got a family, it doesn't affect me leading a normal and fulfilling life.
    The reasons I patched it are being fed up with having to deal with * let down dealers, inconsistent strains, some getting u smashed at other times getting heehaw from it and the neighbours reporting me to the housing *; with the threat of an anti social neighbour warning. The same hypocrites that reported me are both smokers there are another 2 regular smoking visitors to their flat so at times there's 4 of them on the veranda smoking and they must smoke between 30and 50 * a day themselves yet I'm the anti social 1:giggle1: all because weeds illegal.
    I miss having a 2-3 doobies a night to chill it really helps me with my process of thought otherwise the minds racing. If legal then I could choose a strain akin to what booze is like, lager/beer low,,wine medium, and spirits high. There will be people that can't cope but it's the same with booze.
    Then there's the medicinal properties, there was a lassy on This Morning whose sons cancer was wiped out by giving him cannabis as he was dying

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/health/cannabis-saved-my-sons-life

The laws an *.

11. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I'm 38 and I honestly believe that it won't happen here in the UK in my life time. Better chance of Scottish independence. You can't even buy tobacco in the amounts you want in this country that you want so what chance does a mind altering drug have? No one seems that bothered that we now live in a dictatorship "you will buy the amounts of tobacco that we say you can", yeah because teenagers have never pulled resources to get their * and booze.

12. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG

Ahhhh the memories of my little grows in my Mylar tent.....

leeso-ardoyne and Swervedancer like this.
  13. Swervedancer Guest

Only cause you could look good at football then get a green card :78:

14. Nasser

As I've got older and I've also seen the bad effects of cannabis I really don't like it but saying that It does help some people but I do think cannabis should legalized as should all drugs asap it would be better for everyone if all drugs were legal.

15. The Greenman King of kings

Don't see any reason why weed is illegal tbh. I don't smoke it and wouldn't encourage anyone else to but it's their choice after all and it's easy to get it you want it. All banning weed does is fund criminals.

16. HailHoopy

I don't smoke it, but it's not any worse than alcohol.

Infact alcohol is probably worse.

17. Nasser

I would say alcohol is worse a lot worse.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    All things in moderation, abuse of anything can * you up.

TimFloyd likes this.
  19. Swervedancer Guest

What's quite interesting is acknowledgement. Yet it is maybe the most influential when it comes to pretentious films when the actual drug is power and that is the antithesis. It's so ironic how powerful a drug's effect is. I still love it though. There are a few people like Marley who are different and we will never know why or how, we just like the particle and the wave have to appreciate it is something so cool our deep minds understand

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  20. Swervedancer Guest

I think you are right but wait............what about the genius in history like the lassie who wrote Frankenstein and all the mates she hung about with Shelley and the guy who said "Love is Beauty Beauty is Love"? They were all drug addicts, mostly absinthe I think. I appreciate you have to be gifted beforehand but still.

Plus Maradona was a cocaine addict when he the took Napoli from the bottom to the top :83: to something new where defenders :43: and forwards :102:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
    The Prof likes this.