1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Eternal Derby

Discussion in 'World Football' started by gasrex, Nov 3, 2013.

Discuss The Eternal Derby in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sarcasmotron

Thanks for the reply. As I said, as soon as he started showcasing his talent at the end of the last season, he was gone. Apparently everything was set for Maribor to sign him from Olympiacos on a permanent deal but then Partizan came in and Marko said he couldn't refuse his boyhood idols, otherwise he would have stayed in Maribor.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Probably off topic (slightly) but I'd like to see these kind of matches screened properly in the UK on TV.

Surely a smaller TV company could buy the license to show big derbies from Leagues around the World that Sky or BT don't already have?

I'm talking about Partizan vs Red Star, Olympiakos vs Panathinaikos, Fenerbache vs Galatasaray, Boca vs River etc, etc.

Games that might not have the quality of player, but at least have the colour, history, passion and atmosphere that you don't get in the comparatively sanitised EPL.

I'd watch them, anyway.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You can watch all the Argentine league on YouTube free, just because you mentioned Boca v River. :50: Just search futbol para todos and there is a selection of games on given match days.

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

That's brill, thanks for the heads up.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No bother mate, that guy 31B404 that lives in the South American football thread told me about it, I just checked the full channel name is Futbol Para Todos En Vivo.

richardm and Just Kieran like this.
  6. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    It's safe to say that he made a wrong choice, Maribor would be much better for him career wise, as it would be for any player.

Same goes for Serbian league, there are matches streaming live on youtube, for every Zvezda and Partizan match they play in this league.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Serbian Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Still find it mad the two groups end up kicking off at every chance.

10. Serbian Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    There is not much passion for the club there (Partizan stand)... Drugs, money, weapons and politics have replaced the true fan-based love for football and club. In the last few years there have been about ten killings of "the most prominent fans" (criminals) in Serbia. But because normal people here cheering for Celtic.:celt_2::ynwacelti:shamrock:

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems to happen with teams now fans giving up.

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I did notice the crowd for the most recent derby at Partizan was way down and only about half full but that said Partizan for all their reputation only pull in a couple of thousand per game these days, I remember my first ever derby at Marakana a few years back and there being 2 sets of Partizan fans behind the south goal segregated, it was that day I fully realised the complex nature of these clubs and this city, was utterly bizarre seeing 2 sets of away fans taunting each other.

Last derby I went to was the one that was delayed by almost an hour due to fighting with Bogdanov in the middle of it, was astonished that actually went ahead considering the violence that day, after that fixture I said there isn’t much point in going back to another derby as they can’t get any madder than that...but with Belgrade I suppose you should never say that

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Another day same story

:56: