1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgios Samaras

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, Sep 14, 2015.

Discuss Giorgios Samaras in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Confirmed he's signed for Real Zaragoza

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Striker Georgios Samaras (Heraklion, 21/2/1985) will defend the Real Zaragoza jersey until the end of the 2016/2017 season. The Greek international player arrives at the discipline of the Aragonese team after having finalized his contractual relation with Lightning OKC of the United States.

With the arrival of Giorgios Samaras, the zaragocista team gives a quality plus to their attacking line, thanks to the incorporation of a contrasting player in the international football scene, with a successful career carved in first class clubs. Samaras stands out for its imposing physique (1.91 in height), which accompanies a remarkable speed, quality, stride and ability to overflow and imbalance. He can play as a center forward, although he has been acting for most of his career as an extreme left.

The new player of the Aragonese set began his professional career in the ranks of the Dutch Heerenveen, where he played for four seasons. He later joined the Manchester City squad for the Premier League, where he played for two seasons, before joining Glasgow Celtic. In the Scottish set he developed most of his career, six seasons, in which he became a fundamental pillar of the team and won four League titles, two Cup and one League Cup.

After its passage by Scotland, has militated in the West Bromwich Albion, the Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia and the Ray OKC of the United States. Samaras, who has been international with the selection of Greece in a total of eighty-one occasions, having played two final phases of the World Cup and two other Eurocopa, joins the Real Zaragoza to give a quality jump to his Front for the remainder of the season.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good luck big man!

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope he does well there.

6. aliceinsound

needs to grow his hair back out or get a baldy or something and become sammy 2.0, but none of this half measures *

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

"I feel fine, I want to help the team and I will give it to try to make a difference" . Georgios Samaras was resounding in his first statements as a Real Zaragoza player, which took place this midday in the stadium of La Romareda. The new front recognized zaragocista be "very excited" by the arrival of the Aragonese set.

"Everyone has told me that this is not a Second Division team -indicaba Samaras- . Know much about the history of the last twenty or twenty - five years of the Club, we looked up to First and want to help the club to achieve the objectives " . The Greek striker said that "believe in the plans the Club, have convinced me to come" .

Asked by reporters in the press room, Samaras noted that "I can bring experience" the Aragonese set. "I feel very good physically, but I need time to at communicating with my teammates, start training and find the rhythm to play games , " he added Samaras, who hopes to "fit into the system, I will put all my effort."

Finally, the new zaragocista player had words of gratitude for the reception given in his first hours in the capital of the Ebro: "I have given a very warm welcome, both in the station and here. I can see how important it is for the fans and for the club to be here, and I will give the maximum on the field " , he ended.

The stadium of La Romareda has hosted this noon the official presentation of Giorgios Samaras as new player of Real Zaragoza. In an act that has begun in the press room of the stadium, Samaras expressed his "enthusiasm and excitement" for his arrival at zaragocista set in his first statements to the media as tilefish player.

Later, after posing for the graphic media in the press room with the number 5 jersey (Greek back in his stage as a zaragocista), the Cretan striker has jumped to the lawn of his new fief to greet the fans.

More than a thousand white fans expected a Samaras visibly moved by the welcome he is having in his early hours as a zaragocista. After a new posed before the cameras, the Greek has thrown balls to the stand to thank to the fans the warm welcome that they are offering to the last signing of Real Zaragoza.

9. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Big Giorjesus.:50:wish him well.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Video from his Press Conference and Meeting fans.

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good luck Sammy. On his day he was brilliant, unplayable. Cult hero.

12. leeso-ardoyne

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. ladbroke8

Was only 22 when we signed him

15. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

On this day in 2008, Celtic signed Sammy on a permanent deal from Man City.

[​IMG]

Artorias likes this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Bring him home.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  18. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

*. i love him

19. Murph-E

Would have got laid into those * last night and banged in at least one goal.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

:57:

Somebody has had a few shandies. you always loved big sammy mate. :50: