1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

spl ticket sales drop

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dubsbhoy, Aug 2, 2004.

Discuss spl ticket sales drop in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly, something i've always wondered, why the * not expand the south stand to match the other sides of the ground. Not only would it add an extra 5,000 + seats to the ground (Which we'd sell out most games) but it would also be a chance to improve facilities within this stand and bring CP up to the standards of a UEFA 5 star stadium.

3. charliebhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    SPL ticket sales drop

Celtic's season ticket sales have remained the same
    Season ticket sales in the SPL have dropped significantly at almost every club in the league.
    Newly-promoted Inverness Caley Thistle, Livingston, who are trying to come out of administration, and Kilmarnock have recorded drops of 30% or more.

Only Hibs' sales have risen, while Celtic's are unchanged, although their waiting list is 11,500.

Dunfermline director of football Jim Leishman said: "We're hoping to make up the shortfall as the season goes on."

The Pars' 10% drop from 3,300 to 3,000 is close to the average fall throughout the league.

Motherwell and Dundee, the other clubs to have been affected by administration, have also seen sales slump by 15%.

Rangers, who used to have a large waiting list, have sold in the region of 39,000, a drop of about 3,500 on last season.

However, most clubs are keen to point out that there is plenty of time to improve sales over the course of the season.

Many people claimed that live terrestrial television coverage of SPL football was affecting attendances.

With satellite broadcaster Setanta now broadcasting live SPL football, sales should improve if that were true

from what im reading you must have friends in high places to have been offered a season ticket straight away wots your secret?

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I joined select huddle membership last season and with the membership I had an application form to buy a season ticket and it stated 'only tickets in the lisbon lions stand' were available.

5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Rangers droped by 3,000. Lol!! I would love to see another 5,000-10,000 seats in CP. Imagine 70,000 for an OF game, European nights, amazing!!

6. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i can hear the noise that Those 70,000 fans would make.
    what a site that would be though

7. biggertam

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    yip....the only reason Celtic Park is not a 5* stadia is down to the dressing rooms......im sure...i think one of the UEFA ppl said this a couple of years ago.