1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    The guys pure class and the more he plays with us u can see a little more and more of him coming out, Rodgers is certainly getting the best out of him, my only worry would be if he keeps this up there will be suitors for him and in his own head he could well be like * yous i'm enjoying it here but there is always the small chance after his stint at Villa he's thinking right i wanna prove to them and myself i can do it down there.

2. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    According to this article, he lives in Glasgow with them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-earned-lot-hunger-succeed.html#ixzz4WYwgpJqY
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    The best attacking player this country has seen in years.

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He's got his big move. He's at Celtic. :brendy:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I can't see him going back down, last time he enjoyed his football was at Swansea. He certainly didn't enjoy Villa or City. He'll stay as long as Rodgers stays.

Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Awesome goal. I was so surprised when it went in.

"He'* that well over", "Oh, it's clipped the top of the bar", "*, it's gone in!"

I'm not worried about him leaving anytime soon. He's got a contract here and he's playing as well as he has done in years. During interviews, he's suggested it's about enjoying his football and his family life, not the money. That is a big positive for us.

Liam Scales and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Just seems to enjoy playing his football under Brendan Rodgers. Huge club, good lifestyle, fans who adore him, champions league football. Has had bad experiences in English football. Why would he move?

8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Great goal yesterday. I thought the shot had took a deflection at first. However upon replay the only deflections were off the bar, the post and then net.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PR: "@Scotty_Sinclair has been great since coming in. He has taken the club by storm. Yesterday he was on top form.

PR: "He’s been a real help and he’s always staying back to do more and it makes you want to do better yourself.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  11. Cupid Stunt

12. Mr. Slippyfist

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Same, looked like it was too high to go in and then when it went in you had to double check to see how it actually went in.

Just Kieran likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PATRICK Roberts says Scott Sinclair’s professionalism and worth ethic behind the scenes inspires him and the rest of the younger players at Celtic.

Sinclair continued his fantastic form for the Bhoys in Sunday’s Scottish Cup fourth round 3-0 win over Albion Rovers, opening the scoring with a sublime curling shot into the top corner and tormenting the League One side’s backline throughout the match with his pace and trickery.

And the former Aston Villa and Manchester City player’s consistency and constant desire for improvement has left a positive impression on Roberts.

He said: “Scotty has been great since coming here. He has taken the club by storm and has been doing brilliantly. On Sunday he was on top form and showed that he’s played in the Premier League and for many clubs and brings that experience.

"Scott has been a real help and he’s always staying back to do more, and for a player like that to do that is good and makes makes you want to do better.”

15. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Great to hear he's a good pro

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

HOURS of hard graft at Celtic’s training complex on the outskirts of Lennoxtown has helped Scott Sinclair and Kieran Tierney to strike up a devastating partnership on the left side of Brendan Rodgers’s team this season.

But time spent together at the oche in recent months has also been instrumental in the unlikeliest of darts enthusiasts developing the near telepathic understanding which they have on the park.

“I think KT is a great young player and I’m so happy that he’s back,” said Sinclair. “We both know each other’s games inside out so it’s great for the both of us and for the team that he’s back in.

“We’ve got a good relationship off the pitch as well. We get on so well. I think you can see that on the pitch. We play darts now and then.

“It started as a bit of banter in training and when we finished one morning, we ended up playing darts after lunch. At the moment, he’s a couple of games up. His arm is better now, so he’s improving.”

Tierney underwent ankle and shoulder operations last year after injuring himself during a training session. But the fact he had been sidelined for nearly three months was far from apparent when he made his competitive comeback in the William Hill Scottish Cup fourth round match against Albion Rovers at the Excelsior Stadium on Sunday.

The 19-year-old performed, albeit against part-time opposition, with all of his usual athleticism and technical excellence in a game which Celtic won 3-0 and set up Sinclair for the all-important opening goal in the 30th minute with a cute lay-off.

The left back’s typically assured display came as no surprise to his team mate. Sinclair has played in the Premier League down in England with Chelsea, Swansea City, Manchester City and Aston Villa in the past and believes Tierney is capable of going to the very top.

“He can be as good as he wants to be,” he said. “He’s playing at such a young age and for any young player, when you are playing week in, week out, you can show your attributes and your quality. He’s been doing that and he can only get better. He is definitely a very grounded kid and I’m sure he’s going to keep improving and keep enjoying his football.”

Sinclair is certainly savouring every minute that he spends on the field at the moment. The winger's spectacular strike at the weekend was his 13th of the 2016/17 campaign. The £3.5 million signing admitted that his impressive goals per game ratio has pleased him greatly.

The 27-year-old has, like every member of the Celtic squad, been revitalised by the three week winter break and warm-weather training stint in Dubai and stressed he would be looking to score more in the second half of the season.

“For me, it’s just about being consistent,” he said. “When I first came here, I wasn’t just going to score one week and then not score for another four games. The most important thing for me is to be consistent throughout the whole season.

“I feel much sharper now. I’ve had a nice break, as everyone else has had, and I’m going into the second half of the season feeling much better and ready to go again and try to score more goals than I did in the first part of the league.”

Sinclair and his team mates can extend their unbeaten run domestically to 26 games – and equal the record set by the Lisbon Lions in the 1966/67 season - if they can draw with or defeat St. Johnstone in a Ladbrokes Premiership match at Parkhead this evening.

The Englishman has been instrumental in the success which Celtic have enjoyed this season, but he believes that Rodgers deserves much of the credit for creating a close team spirit in a short space of time. “We are so together in the dressing room and it’s a great environment to be in,” he said. “The manager has installed that as well.”

The game against Tommy Wright’s team will also be the 400th competitive outing that Scott Brown will, if he is fit and selected, make for Celtic. Sinclair was also unstinting in his praise of the midfielder. “He’s a great captain and a great person as well,” he said. “To have someone like that in the team keeps everyone together and he’s a great man.”

Celtic have been drawn to face Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the only team in Scotland to draw with them this season, in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup next month and Sinclair, who missed the Betfred Cup final against Aberdeen through injury in November, is keen to win it and do well in the competition.

“I’m here and I want to win as much as I can,” he said. “The way Rovers got men behind the ball and kept their structure meant it was difficult for us to break them down. But it’s great for us that we did that and we got the win to take us into the next round. It’s great that we can keep continuing to win our games.”

17. The Maestro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Malley
    would love to see him get a wee call up to the England team but as usual his performances up here will count for nothing even though he impressed in the champions league too

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Their loss is our gain.

England seem to be the only country that has a problem with players playing in Scotland.

We have always had a team full of internationals from all over the world yet those stuck up * look down on Scotland.

The Maestro and Bumblebee like this.
  19. BruceLeeBhoy

What a goal from a fantastic player.

He appears to be far more settled and is reALLY ENJOYING HIS FOOTBALL.

Been a great signing for us scoring goals and setting them up and his dribbling and close control are top nothc.
    Sign on for life Scotty

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, won't happen but would be good to see. He's a better player than Lingard, Chamberlain and Townsend who have made recent squads.

Townsend I like though, he is someone we should have our eye on, constantly failing to produce for teams in the EPL but is similar to Sinclair in that he has very good technique and skill, he'd run amok up here or in the English Championship but is only good enough to play for * EPL teams who don't see enough of the ball for them to flourish and enjoy their football.

The Maestro likes this.