1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolting BBC

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by angusceltic67, Jan 5, 2017.

Discuss Revolting BBC in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think there is nothing wrong with it. It's a group of Muslims taking the * out of ISIS. Just like Irish comedians always craic on about the IRA and the Irish troubles. It's not disrespectful to their culture. I think There was a documentary about the Muslims who danced to Pharells happy and got slated by their governments. FFS British Muslims enjoy a lot of things like freedom of expression. Something they can't do in their native lands and something we take for granted. All cultures when settled in the UK or Ireland should be able to express themselves exactly like the natives. And then there is people who say they don't mingle within society.

Senna s1979 and KRS-1888 like this.
  2. Minimalist

That is one though and you can't deny it isn't. Its not clutching at straws when its an example. When I was using the ra' I meant since its formation and thats over 100 years. Conflict was more than 30 years. Again, agree with the ISIS thing.

3. Nasser

What's offensive is people claiming that the women are victims so we can't make fun of them yet lots of women have travel over to fight for Islamic State. The BBC did this to make fun of Islamic State not victims of Islamic State I think people are getting confused. I'm generally surprised this was on the BBC though as you won't find a more PC channel on earth so I think that caught a lot of people by surprise.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think BBC3 has been repackaged as an edgy younger channel, hence stuff like this. Still don't see a problem with it. Muslims actually showing they have a sense of humour and that the religion is not actually all fanatics.

5. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    They bleat about grooming but its not as if the bints who go can't do a bit of research and find out that their package holiday to a war zone might not be quite what Abdul al Jabaar says it will.

6. Minimalist

Mental init.

7. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Speaking about the BBC anyone remember this for BBC Radio Ulster :eek1:

:

8. Sween

No its not. The people who wrote the skit are just comedians. They are not the BBC. They wrote a sketch that they thought was funny and they went to the BBC to get it aired. Had the BBC said no and it was reported then people would complain of censorship and the BBC bowing to not offending certain minorities. They show it and people think they are 'sick'.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we... I mean they... aren't out to get you.... :fear:

packybhoy likes this.
  9. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yes.
    It's satire/comedy. Lighten up.

10. angusceltic67

FFS Sween, the BBC will only air what they want to be aired, creating enemies in the British peoples minds is their main forte, this "Skit" was merely an extension of this.

Been watching the BBC for the past 20 years or so, always garnering political and public support for sanctions against this or that brutal dictator, or for the next war/Humanitarian invasion. From the North of Ireland through to Iraq, Libya, Syria,etc, etc, No-one alive just now in Britain has lived in any kind of time of peace, this would have been impossible if not for "Aunti", and now their gunning for fucken Russia, its insane and painful to watch.

Its to protect the hegemony of 40 odd year old "team Fiat", is all!

11. Sween

I dont really disagree with a lot of what you say. I do disagree in that I see ISIS as an enemy to the civilised world and I dont really care what the BBC take is on their wives in a comedy sketch. And if they want to mock them I dont have an issue with it. Humans Right Watch, Amnesty, and a host of regional Muslim and Christian groups have detailed the horrors that ISIS commit. We dont need BBC comedy to shape how we should think about these people. Their objectives are backwards and stupid. Their beliefs absolutely should be mocked.

12. M 67

Is Still Game their propaganda against the neds? Or is it subliminally turning us against old people by getting us to think they're rude fly-by-nights?

And what about Burnistoun? Have they discovered oil there and they're running this show to mock them in the run up to the invasion?

You could maybe argue that BBC news is bias, but you're clutching at straws here.

Sween likes this.
  13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    You dont need to pay your tv licence.i dont know anybody that pays those pedo *.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don't think any subject should be off the table for humour, can't be a huge fan of the likes of South Park and Archer and complain about other humour without being a hypocrit.

Swervedancer likes this.
  15. Swervedancer Guest

I don't understand why people are even discussing it, it's obvious satire and was funny. I mean you don't expect them to be filming a real ISIS family talking about getting dressed up for a beheading. Beheadings take place quite arbitrarily as far as I know and there is no big posh gathering for them.

Strangest real life thing I seen on the BBC was when the government banned Gerry Adam's voice so when he was getting interviewed it was another Irish guy interpreting for him :56: I mean it's not like he was speaking Gaelic, the British govermnert just came out with the most bizarre idea that he was influential if people could hear him talking to they just dubbed him. I think it lasted a week at most before everyone criticised it and made loads of parodies.

packybhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Its transparent what angus was angling at from the start, anything that can be made (failed miserably here though) to look anti bbc/west blah blah will be used, no matter how absurd it may be :56:

Swervedancer likes this.
  17. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why would anyone be offended at people taking the * out of ISIS. That's what they should be doing instead of making them out to be some existential threat. If anyone is offended at taking the * out of ISIS then they are either just looking to be offended or are on the jihadi spectrum somewhere.

The Iraqis have their own TV show that takes * out of them and they are the people who are actually fighting them on the ground. If they can laugh at them why the * cant we?

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The bizarre Adams dubbing was a big own goal by the British Govt. lasted much longer than a few weeks and all. Although I was just a teenager, I knew that this was political advantage to Sinn Feinn because it highlighted the bias by the government towards the nationalist community. They were not allowed to hear an elected representative speak on the media. All the while Paisley, Peter Robinson and George Seawright were given carte Blanche on any subject, regardless that most of the times it was divisive and sectarian.

19. John1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    .How do you know what Isis has done ? We may be getting the truth or it could be a bundle of lies .
    I know the British done in Ireland & I know the lies it told

20. Swervedancer Guest

Agnus believe me, if you were over in Palmyra right now and there were two tv crews, one from ISIS and one form the BBC who wanted to do a piece on beheading with you, I'd pick the BBC just to be on the safe side :97:

I didn't realise it lasted that long. I thought it was so embarrassing they abandoned it straight away. Then again instructing the cops to beat the * out of the minors would normally only last a day because of reality setting in but it didn't affect ol' Maggie. Nor did internment which I think only 3 countries in the so called free world have introduced, South Africa, UK and * I'm not sure. Maybe an Imperialist country like India or Pakistan enforcing it in Kashmir, I'm sure they got the idea from Britain. It didn't go down too well. Does Apartheid count as the free world? Did NI? Not really as free as the rest of Europe for instance. Guantánamo was the same sort of thing wasn't it? Trump wants to bring back waterboarding. For the FBI and CIA I think :giggle1:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
    packybhoy likes this.