1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

2. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think Moussa is smart enough to know that he is better staying with us for at least a couple of years before moving on. Even Zidane has told him to stay here and develop so hopefully he listens. The only way he's going this window or in the summer is if we get an absolutely ridiculous bid.

3. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. Swervedancer Guest

No way is he leaving us within two years even if a big club comes in with a big offer. He knows for sure he football is already developing at a much faster rate than it would down south.

Think of it this way, Brendan doesn't suffer players making mistakes two games in a row and we never see them again. Imagine that happening to Moussa down there. His development would be stalled and he'd have no chance of CL first team football.

He knows he's young and he's probably seen a lot of young prodigiuous talent in the top4 leagues only for them not to fulfull their potential because it's high stakes games and they get left on the bench or even worse get sold for a loss to a much lower team who he could have joined in the first team, but most importantly a team who will never have a chance of reaching European football.

He said it himself, he is young and he wants to learn how to play the game to the highest of his ability before he goes searching for money. That is a guy with his head screwed on.

It would take a huge offer for him to think about a move £30+ and even then it would have to be a European potential team who doesn't have 3 strikers already established in front of him.

Here he gets to fight for No.1 spot which he's doing very well but mainly he's proving he can score in big games and a range of different goals, also his ability off the ball is excellent and when controlling it to bring other players into the game is brilliant. Just for example his hold up play at the corner flat was excellent when he knew we needed the points. A more immature player might have kept going for goal and losing the ball in a dangerous area.

Shows to me he's a very smart character who's got his head screwed on and I would be very surprised if he didn't stay he two year. He's seen the other players who stayed here two years and how successful they are now. This is a great league for good players to become very good players if their mindsight is right and they have a brilliant coaching staff and manager who believe in him.

No doubt in my mind he'll be offered £20m this window. I just hope he knocks it back and doesn't have a buy out clause because the wages he'll be offered must be very hard to turn down. But I think he wants to play football first then wages second. And he believes in himself so much he's willing to learn the trade here in a lesser league with offers a higher league at the same time.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He might fancy a European crack at getting knocked out of the Europa qualifiers by Astra to be fair..

6. Lennon2011

Tell them to double it.

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye. Noticed that. Weird how he gets to put articles on their official site

8. shaunm

Wouldn't sell him but 20 mil is a lot of * money,should try and keep him until next summer at least,also should break the wage structure for him,try and fend off lower Premiership sides.

9. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. HailHoopy

And then we'll think about it :D:ynwacelti

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That'll be that then.

13. Martybhoy53

They can have Ciftci

Xatraps and HailHoopy like this.
  14. HailHoopy

Aye, take Ciftci :36:

15. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Payets over rated and your new stadium is soulless

For anyone of them watching

16. Swervedancer Guest

Sadly after doing 8 deals today they ave all fallen through in the at 2 hours :52: Someone ban him from talking about the club via Twitter, only making a fool of himself. That is bad business though, 8 deals and all fallen through in the last 2 hours? Sounds like he was involved in negotiations.

Thought it was a golden rule never for club to officially mention a deal until the contract was signed. Lot of crafty agents out there negotiating behind the scenes till the last minute to see if they get a better offer.

17. jamesfr

It worries me that we have received a first bid of £20 mil,this may start a price war between clubs.
    Rodgers has already said he is going nowhere but it we get offered silly money then it may be too good to refuse.

18. Cupid Stunt

£30 million and it would start to get tempting. I just worry that we could pump even 2/3 of that fee back in to the playing staff on a couple of players of real quality but would they turn out to be so vital for us in the big games? I mean, Dembele is a big game player, they are hard to find, especially in Scotland being able to jump between playing dross week in week out and the likes of Man City. It's not easy, no matter how much you are worth or who you are.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Say No to West Ham

20. StevieBhoooy!

PL will be slavering at the prospect..

Wee Leigh might be as well!