1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Hun Scum vs Celtic (31/12/16) KO 12:15PM - The Hogmanay Hunskelping

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Nakamura88, Dec 28, 2016.

Discuss Hun Scum vs Celtic (31/12/16) KO 12:15PM - The Hogmanay Hunskelping in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Scum *.
    Honest to * a harmless football chant and they retort with that.
    Its all they have is hate for us. Their entire point of being (fans and that club) is built out of hate for us.
    Everything they sing is to get at us, never a football chant to support their own club.

Swervedancer and TheHappyLoss like this.
  2. Swervedancer Guest

Broony was just saying hey I'm taking this game seriously so don't ask me for any favours as the ref is sorting yous out.

I didn't realise if you kick a dropped ball into the opposition goal then a goal kick is awarded and if you hit and own goal from one then a corner kick is awarded. How mental a kick would it be to score an own goal.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye there are some mental daft rules about. But either way, its a ball to be challeneged and I hate this "sportsmanship" nonsense.

Unless your team mate is down, and the opponent has literally kicked the ball out to allow medical treatment, then play the game to win it. Drop balls and giving the ball back, * that.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    6 mins added on in first half?? Bahahahhaaha. Think thats the first I've seen us get that much this season. Normally its 2mins tops in first half.

5. Cupid Stunt

To be fair Garner died and pretty sure Hill was down for a minute or so. Armstrong collided with a Hun as well I think. Was probably about right.

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah agree, just we never * get it right ha.

7. Swervedancer Guest

Aye if a ball is kicked out by an opponent because one of his team mates is down then if the ref wants the ball to go to the other team he'll usually award a throw in and instruct the player to please throw it back to the opponent. Dropped balls are only really used when the ref thinks they are necessary due to there being a disadvantage if it was given to either team. I mean if your player goes down and you kick it out hastily when you're on the edge of your box it's not so fair on the other team if they have to give you the ball back when they would have been pressing you in a dangerous position. Then you'd have players falling all over the shop when they felt they were getting threatened too near goal.

Best thing to do is kick the ball as far up and out of the field as possible. As they say, play according to the ref's instructions. Keeps things simple. Also a drop ball is very psychological and a lot of player * out of them asking for the ball to be kicked back to them without confrontation. Broony doesn't go in for that *. He near enough took Barton out of the game in the first league encounter by totally overwhelming him during a drop ball.

Peej likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Keano88 and ILoveTheCeltic like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    First ten mins in second half, could be another 3 up

10. Swervedancer Guest

That Garner, for someone who likes to clatter into players to try and win himself fouls he's very fragile. I didn't see much in it at all unless he fell awkwardly. But in the first league game he ran like a rodeo clown into Lustig and came off worse and he looked like he was in a bad way too.

I've never seen a player in an NHS hospital after a game. I thought they went straight to their private contracted hospital? I mean how could Broony go to a public hospital, he'd have folk wanting his autograph or even worse giving him grief while he's in a bad way potentially so it doesn't make sense. Although hospital would be a good place to be if you were going to give him grief.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  11. realshocks

Just watched the 1st half. They were slightly on top for the first twenty, then we were on top. Basically we dominated the game in terrible weather that suited their cluggers. McKay is a decent player.

Sent from my B3-A10 using Tapatalk

Swervedancer and Peej like this.
  12. Cupid Stunt

Even if we had lost the game I think I would have taken that picture of him in an NHS waiting room as a victory :56: Probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

13. Paradise88

Broony would go to a private contract hospital. But in this case "who the f*ck is joey garner" goes to the NHS. I bet most people thought he was a rangers fan.

14. Swervedancer Guest

Oh that's brilliant, closing my account, meet me on the 8th floor, half the folk saying you've just cost your company some amount of accounts and the other half saying I'm joining up cause of it :rofl: Question has got to be put in a Christmas Cracker for next year.

15. TheHappyLoss

See the only thing that annoys me is that after the last Celtic game at Celtic park there was mock outrage by the zombies the media and the police about a Hun scum banner (which they are) and a couple of rubber dolls (which was a * display but not offensive). Yesterday there were about 30k of them singing paedo over and over again. Now that for me is vile, is there outrage in the media etc about that? No action taken ?

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's comedy gold :56:

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was thinking the exact same this morning watching it again.

It was easily 30,000 of them making that din. Vile.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Lies, * lies and statistics!!! Don't always believe them.....i missed the first half so watched the 38 mins fired up last night(cheers crow) and i fail to see this domination by them at the start...yeah gordon cut out from the right that erik left and saved from wagpen which was offside anyway. We, on the other hand, were through twice and both wrongly called off!! Sinc also hit the post!!

2nd half dominated....they caught us on break a couple of times but the possession they did have they did eff all with it...whereas every time we got it back it looked like we would do something. Fotheringham saved them from an absolute blootering!! 7/8-3 would have been a fairer reflection if you include gilt edge chances!!!

Swervedancer likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky