1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

If we remain on course for 10 in a row, do you think Rodgers will still be at Celtic to see it?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by moravcik1888, Oct 24, 2016.

Discuss If we remain on course for 10 in a row, do you think Rodgers will still be at Celtic to see it? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BruceLeeBhoy

If he does go before the 10 how crazy would it be to do the 10 in a row with 4 different managers all taking credit?

2. Samurai Bhoy

I can actually see him staying for the 10iar. Why wouldn't he? He loves the job, loves the club, gets paid well, is respected by the fans, has the backing of the board and has the opportunity to go on to be one of the biggest managerial legends in the clubs history.
    Imagine leading the club to 10iar, becoming a club legend and still being only 48. His profile would be sky high after that achievement too, so he could bow out on a high and go to any big club he liked after that.

Personally I think he'd be stupid to leave if it was still on, unless something drastic changes.

3. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I really hope and feel he will stay for 10!

If he stayed long term how far do we think we could progress, i mean 5 years from now if rodgers stays, i reckon we could be compeititve in champions league maybe even had a good chance of winning europa?

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No I don't see it, I think we get another couple of seasons then he's EPL bound or possibly La Liga.

5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I think as has been said if he continues to get real backing from the board and the successes keep coming he will stay. He's a fan like us and every CL season brings huge excitement and the urge to succeed. He has the opportunity to bag doubles, trebles galore and to outshine everyone who has ever been in Scottish footballing history. Who would tire of that? Look at Alex Ferguson he was with Man U at pensionable age. It will only change if things stagnate, he doesn't get the support and we start going into a downward spiral because of it. The fans getting on his back. No manager wants to be remembered for that. We could end up building a statue of this guy. I never want him to leave!

6. Maestro 08

If we get 3 seasons from him I'll be happy. As others have said before if a diehard like Lennon managed to get cold feet then I can't see Rodgers sticking around for 5+.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I don't think Lenny was really ever his own man in the situation and he lacked the experience that BR has. I loved Lenny but I think it was too soon for him and it was like they did him a favour giving him the job. Had he left and managed elsewhere, learned his trade and come back he might have been treated with more respect by the board and he would have probably had a lot more clout. BR doesn't strike me as a man to be messed around by anyone....everything about him screams that he's his own man and he will do things his way.

Random Review likes this.
  8. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's probably thinking at this time that 5 years will be a plan, but it can all alter so quickly. He'll most likely get offered a very lucrative contract elsewhere that will be too hard to resist

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    No idea. He will probably want to do 3 in a row, that gets him recognition, but that could change rapidly and for a variety of reasons. Would imagine he is desperate to get a treble this year as well.
    Lets just enjoy it and see how far/well it goes.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

11. joemc

i can see him stay 3 yrs and broony being touted as the replacement ,a lah lenny ,dont know if that would be the way ahead or not ,he is a good captain ,does that mean he would get players to respect and play for him .idk .

12. Dr. Frasier Crane

The one thing I don't want to happen is for us to get to 8/9 in a row then Rodgers and all the back room staff that he's brought in all leave at the same time. Would be horrendous timing for us if something like that were to happen.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I would hate to see that happen to Broony. I think they need to go off and learn their craft elsewhere, develop new skills, contacts and become a much more convincing package. I think he could become a very good manager some day but not yet.

14. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I can see him going abroad actually. He's mentioned it before. I hope he does rather than go down there and be sacked after his first run of bad games.

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    enjoy it while he,s here as I believe like most in football England is where its at and he will return :54:

16. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    It kinda depends where the see-saw below falls

For...........................................................Against
    He is a Celtic Fan at heart.........................If he keeps progressing he will be in demand
    10IAR would be such an achievement..V.. Might get bored, only challenge Champions League
    He would be a legend forever....................Will the club back him in transfer market (££)
    I believe he needs to be loved ..................He may want another crack at EPL

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think every manager has a shelf life at a club, when Brendan achieves all he can domsetically and if we could manage to progress from the group stages or at least be competitve in Europe then i think he'll feel that his work here is done.

As much as he loves the club, he knows there will always be limitations when it comes to budget, the SPFL isn't exactly the most exciting League to ply your trade, but neverthless it's great to have him here, i'm excited to see how the next few seasons will pan out, we should enjoy him whilst he's here and not worry about the future, we've had great managers in the past and will have many more in the future.

I'm pretty sure Brendans chapter in our history will be a successful one, if his first 20 odd games are anything to go by, we should be in for one helluva ride.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He'd only be 47 or so.

I reckon' he will stick around. Easy to forget he is still a very young manager.

19. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I will be happy if Rodgers stays for 2 years, and ecstatic if he stays for 4 or 5 years.
    This year we qualified for the champions league and Rodgers spent around 4m, if we don't qualify for the champions league I don't see lawall giving Rodgers any money to spend and also selling our best players which may result in him leaving us for the riches of the epl.
    I think we should just enjoy the time he is here.

20. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Imagine winning the tenth in a row with Broony as the gaffer. :giggle1:. The Huns would release a statement every 5 minutes for the rest of time.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Jeannie960 likes this.