1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats Needed In January

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ApartPidgeon, Oct 24, 2016.

Discuss Whats Needed In January in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Some one to do what bitton wont/cant....and release a few that are just not going to make the team.
    With some luck we can give efe away in a secret santa during xmas.

2. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I agree that Bitton needs to be replaced as he's simply not good enough to fill his position, but some of the abuse directed at him is * shocking. There's a bit of irony in you calling him a * with comments like that.

Swervedancer and celticpro like this.
  3. BruceLeeBhoy

you guys need to chill.

* can be a term of endearment you know.

dont you know any good *?

Swervedancer likes this.
  4. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    and what does that make you and your pals in this thread then...
    These foul mouthed comments are not being made in any endearing context, they are simply being made by idiots. No Celtic player should ever be labelled a *... end of.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Lancashire Nick likes this.
  5. BruceLeeBhoy

what about andy walker?

ChrisMoh likes this.
  6. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    What's he got to with this?

He certainly doesn't walk around calling Celtic player's *... that's for sure, but for the record he's pretty crap at what he does.

Andy Walker spotted an outspoken ex Celtic player pundit gap in the market that Charlie Nicholas vacated. He's not even worthy of discussion, I'm only interested in people who have the best interests of Celtic Football Club and it's players at heart.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  7. WonderKid7144

Basically we need wanyama

Random Review likes this.
  8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's funny that the thread title is about what is needed in January, and yet the squabbling that is going on.

What do we need in January? Perspective. Composure. Nothing to panic or hit the alarm or anything like that. We are sitting top of the league, are in the LC Final, haven't even started our Scottish Cup run yet, but above al, by the time January rolls around there is a strong chance we will be out of the running in the CL and very possibly the EL also. So we have the pieces needed that are proving to be the goods at the domestic level, but it is taking that next step we need to be thinking of, and January is not the window to be in the market for it.

We have the best overall squad in Scotland and it's not even close. Sure some tweaking is to be expected especially as Rodgers has had time to assess the strengths ansd weaknesses at his disposal, and obviously will have a better idea come January than he did in the short amount of time he had to work with the squad over the summer.

But claims that 'this guy or that guy is pish, boot him', or 'oh, want so and so' etc is pipedreaming and playing fantasy football manager. These are real people, not just names on game on your computer. So the way I see it, there isn't much need to get in a fix about. One way or another it will be, so lets let BR do what he is being paid to do and let's not get wound up about it. :50:

Swervedancer likes this.
  9. Samurai Bhoy

* hate to see "Celtic fans" calling Celtic players * for no good reason.
    Bitton is going through a bad spell of form at the minute, that's all. Or, at worst, he is just not good enough to warrant a starting place on the Celtic team...how does that make him a *?! :31:

This misconception that he is lazy, or isn't trying is bullshit. Even when he was in his best form he came across as lazy. Some players just have that style, look at Berbatov or Ibrahimovic, or even Ozil, people have always accused them as being lazy when statistics usually prove the opposite to be true.

We're supposed to be supporters, let's * support the players instead of jumping on their back whenever they hit a bit of poor form. We saw the same with the Brown bashers and the Forrest bashers and the Griffiths bashers and so on, and look how they turned it around.

Swervedancer and celticpro like this.
  10. Samurai Bhoy

Anyway, back to the point of the thread.
    Despite my previous point, I do actually think that CM/DM, and Bitton in particular, is our weakest position (not a *) at the moment so I'd like to see us strengthen that area with one or maybe 2 new signings.

I'm happy enough with our back line, strikers and wingers at the minute so holding on to those players is vital. Maybe a new GK too as a bonus.

Can get rid of any or all of; GMS, Boyata, Efe, Allen, Ciftci, Commons (sadly his time is up here), Henderson (Loan).

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Switched on *'s?

When I see complete effort for the cause, I'll refrain from slagging him relentlessly. I won't hold my breath though.......

12. The Celtic Way

box to box midfielder is the no 1 priority.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I take no pleasure in attacking a current Celtic player, but it is what it is..

We've seen him be good enough, so it's not that, which leaves the only other solution, that he's not 100% committed to us. Personally he looks like he's elsewhere already..

Nice that you've mentioned Ozil, Berbatov and Ibra. 3 top player's who all contributed massively to each club, despite that lackadaisical style. What is Bitton bringing to us which warrants a centre mid to be so lazy, looking so pish everytime he's on the ball, during a new reign where we're supposed to be high pressing, high energy?
    Look at Broony. Guy is bursting from deep when we attack, is all over the shop, and is taking the ball from deep to start moves also. Is this not what Bitton should be doing himself? Those long breaking runs with the ball, worldie passes, peach strikes, where have any of them all gone?

I won't support a guy who I feel isn't trying his gut. Who seems to choose when he's had enough and feigns injury. And by and large that's how it looks to me..
    Say's a lot when the support is pretty unanimously wanting you ousted..

Swervedancer likes this.
  14. LloydsGamble

I do agree that the abuse isn't necessary and that some players have that lackadaisical style, but in Bitton's case, I am genuinely struggling to see what he offers. He can't tackle, he doesn't close down defensively, he slows down offense, he rarely does anything creative.

Ledley kept it simple too, but he also had an extremely high workrate, had a good eye for a pass, kept the play moving. He has shown on occasion that he can dictate games, but far too infrequently.

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Could do worse than looking at some of those Beer Shavers.. they definitely seemed to have a
    good midfield when they played us over there

16. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    DM, a goalie and a winger.

Likes of Ciftci, Ambrose and Boyata should be leaving. Usually I'd add Armstrong to that list but he's earned a bit of slack after his cameo on Sunday.

17. Minimalist

Central Midfielder who can close down with gegenpressing, have enough quality to be comfortable on the ball, be efficient in his ball retention, cover miles across the pitch and is physically strong enough to hold his own in Europe.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    CM and winger minimum.

We need 2 new midfielders but I can only see one coming in. We may also need to think about a CB depending on what Toure wants to do next summer.

Look to punt more of the deadwood as well. Finally get Ambrose away from this club.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Cente half is a weird one. If Kolo is going to leave next summer, do we sign another experienced player to replace him or a "project"? If Jozo and Erik keep up their level of performance, then they will be a very good pairing so no need to break them up.

I'd like us to get a new 'keeper in. Michel Vorm might be realistic now seeing as Spurs got another 'keeper during the summer.

Swervedancer likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd like another player like Sviatchenko.

Young but with experience on the continent. There are others like him out there. In terms of a keeper I'd like a big commanding * but unfortunately that often doesn't go hand in hand with ones who like to play with the ball at their feet.

As much as I admire BR's style that really shouldn't be a priority first and foremost.