1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone find it impossible to sleep on a plane?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CalgaryBhoy, Oct 24, 2016.

Discuss Anyone find it impossible to sleep on a plane? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    About to board a flight to head out east (Ontario), bored as *. Thought I'd drum up the question. I cant for the life of me ever get to sleep on a plane. No matter what I do or how hard I try, not gonna happen. Anyone else never able to sleep on a flight?

2. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    I feel your pain mate, I've always been the same so. I feel like slapping folk and waking them up when they're sitting comfortably sleeping and I'm not.

I find it impossible to take naps either, whereas my 2 brothers always have a power nap after work, makes me furious lol.

3. The Celtic Way

never ever can sleep right, even when i do get some sort of sleep i feel awful when i wake up.

4. Priest

I go to America a lot and I'm wide awake for the entire flight until maybe 20 or 30 minutes before landing when I always doze off, its an absolute pain in the * and happens every single time both there and back.

5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm sure going to try in 2 weeks when I go to Tenerife :84:

The Afterman likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah its *. Even coming back from Thailand. Leave at 10pm. Tired, fly 8 hours and stop in dubai for about 4. Then fly another 8. Still can't sleep even with extra leg room.

I'm 6ft 5 in the legs so feel a bit squished. Although I got the noise cancelling headphones and it atleast makes movies excellent.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I've tried sleeping tablets as well, I just end up awake and stoned. Cannot sleep on a plane for the life of me.

I mind coming back from Florida once and our flight was due to depart in 30 minutes so I gubbed a couple of sleeping tablets so they would be working on me just in time for take off. I didn't bargain on the flight being delayed though.

By the time we boarded an hour late I was stoating off the walls, my missus was really worried I wouldn't get allowed on the flight. :giggle1:

8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can sleep if Ive got a row to myself and am able to lie down. Otherwise I just doze off every now and then for a couple of minutes, which is horrible.

The Afterman likes this.
  9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Very rarely but I did managed to sleep from BKK to Dubai for the full duration, woke up after 6 hours with us nearly about to start descending to land.

Think it was more to do with the exhaustion of 3 weeks going at it hard every day.

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can sleep anywhere if I'm tired.:52:

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

I wish I could, I just for the life of me cannot fall asleep during the day.

Sometimes I can sit on sites waiting for up to 6 hours, I would love to just climb in my bunk and get the heed down but just can't.

Instead I sit and watch hours of footage of cats trying to sit in boxes on youtube.

12. The Afterman

Nah. If I'm lucky I can get about 20 mins. Actually put me off going on holiday this year, can't handle 9 hours stuck in a plane.

13. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That must be mind numbing.

I never used to be able to sleep during the day or sitting up but since I developed my back problems and sleep became an absolute necessity due to exhaustion then I started being able to falk asleep at any time of the day in almost any surroundings. Rarely get a good night's sleep granted but I make up for it with naps

14. The Afterman

I'm the same. Dodgy back and neck, so usually get a * sleep at night but * bless naps.

Marie likes this.
  15. Onefootwonder

I can never manage to sleep either. I can get to the stage where I'm genuinely shattered and just drift in and out of sleep, but never actually get any sleep.

It does feel like a psychological barrier.

16. Onefootwonder

I never get drunk before a flight to make sleepy. There's nothing worse than someone getting up and down for the toilet all the time.

The one time I did have a fair amount to drink is though my head was going to explode. It was horrible.

17. Henke102

I can sleep kinda easily on a plane but it is not enjoyable, head usually leaning against seat in front or on the table, plus a lot of the stewardesses seem to go out their way to wake you up by being noisy when serving out the free peanuts etc. Always find it funny seeing older people on planes fall asleep before it has taken off, sound asleep during the take off, 4 rolls royce engines roaring away!

18. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, brutal. Back in May I flew from Australia to Paris and was up the top of the Eiffel Tower like 38 hours later without any sleep.

Not being able to sleep, the time difference, not sleeping the night of your early morning flight and the copious amount of complimentary Heinekens all take it's toll.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I bought one of those neck pillows. On long haul flights I use the eye patch and ear plugs and throw a blanket over my head. I sleep fine.

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    All of this discussion about sleeping is making me desperate to get home and back into bed. :giggle1: