1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Surely we need to play 2 up front now?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BR Fenian Army, Oct 23, 2016.

Discuss Surely we need to play 2 up front now? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Would much rather griff to rogic.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There is no way Sinclair is being dropped for Armstrong. No way.

That is why the 3-5-2 is a non starter just now. We have neither the CM's to play it or the luxury of dropping either Sinclair or Tierney.

Swervedancer likes this.
  3. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Never advocated any of that mate, simply saying it would either be Rogic or Sinclair as AMC. Although I take your point have 2 lads behind him in CM trying to cover the middle of the park is a tough ask.

I'm genuinely not arsed who's more deserving of the No10 position Rogic or Sinclair - whatever people feel brings a better balance.

Otherwise as you say if your resigned to 3-5-2 your resigned to a flat 3 in Midfield of Brown,Biton and Armstrong which doesn't offer much creativity.

4. Swervedancer Guest

Gordon
    Simunovic Toure Erik
    Roberts Armstrong Brown Sinclair Tierney
    Griffiths Dembele​

With Sinclair playing inside forward to help Tierney out when he's making his runs. Same with Armstrong linking up with Roberts.

Of course that means Rogic isn't starting which is a huge problem for me but maybe because he doesn't last past 60 minutes we could play Armstrong first then bring on Rogic.

I think it highlights why we need a CM who has both the qualities of Armstrong and Rogic, that energy and passing ability is essential.

But we could play that team in some domestic games without showing disrespect to the opposition and also Brendan is used to changing things up during a game so that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't working out.

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    The power and pace of our front two playing together up front would cause chaos to any defence in this league.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The power and pace of our front 4 has been causing chaos all season.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No, we don't.

We have played with one striker every game in the league so far and aside from the Inverness match, we've won every game and looked comfortable. Even in that game it was just one of those days where we had about 20 shots in the second half and somehow didn't score.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exactly.

Why are people so desperate for us to play with two strikers? It seems to be this old fashioned thinking "we are Celtic, playing one striker in the league is ridiculous".

It's not black and white. Bayern play with one striker, Manchester City play with one striker, Spurs do, Real Madrid do etc etc.

If you have wingers and midfielders scoring goals then one striker is plenty.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  9. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    Precisely :50:

10. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I agree with this Griffith's can score from outside the box against sides that park the bus and he can also set up chances I think him and dembele would make a good partnership.

11. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's a great position to be in, especially when you consider that last season Griffiths was untouchable. Griffiths, Roberts and the general flexibility of our squad will stand us in good stead to rotate considering how busy our schedule is from now until Hogmanay.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. joemc

for me i think its important to play the style u play in your domestic competitions in european games ,it should become natural ,so playing 2 up in europe or both griff and dembele would only work with one dropping into midfield ,rogic is a must and will get even better ,so i would hate to see him lose his place ,but we do need more pace from the mid and more goals .

13. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Not sure why we'd be suggesting Sinclair as a centre mid, the lad is a born winger. If we were going to play two up top the only system that would make sense is a four four two. With brown along side Bitton or Rogic or Armstrong.
    Not that I'm suggesting we do this, but the three five two just seems to be a lot of squares in round holes.

14. Keano88

* it...

Gordon
    Erik Jozo Kolo
    Forrest -------------- Tierney
    Brown Rogic
    Sinclair
    Dembele Griffiths​

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Reading between the lines he'll be more inclined to play 2 up top when centre mid is sorted.

16. Dr. Frasier Crane

Not convinced with the players we have. I thought Griffiths had a massively positive impact from an attacking sense but when we went two up top that was the first time in the match the game looked end to end, we were much more solid before that.