1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v The rangers semi final sun 23rd Oct

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by leeso-ardoyne, Oct 17, 2016.

Discuss Celtic v The rangers semi final sun 23rd Oct in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Stuart McCall is a deluded,ginger, lesbian hunfuck of a man. He talks some amount of bullshit.

BruceLeeBhoy likes this.
  2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    The two biggest threats to a negative result for us today was our finishing and Thomson.

Two games now where we have put them in their place. And despite some questionable comments from the likes of McCall,Warburton and Gilks. This game wasn't an even contest, nor did both teams have there moments of control. Indeed for me, aside from the early moments of the 1st half of the 5-1 game, we have been comfortably the better side. I think the Sevco minded have been "duped"(not for the 1st time) by today's score line.

Rogic and Sinclair had good chances to put the game out of sight in the 1st half. Rogic passed up an absolute gift from Gilks, his technique and composure unusually letting him down. Sinclair had a harder opportunity and forced a good stop from the goalkeeper. The missed chances would continue throughout the game. For most of the half we got to 18 yard box and couldn't either find the right ball or attempts on goal were blocked by the numerous Sevco bodies scrambling to defend. The only real moment of concern for us came when Simunovic tackled McKay in the area. Thomson pointed for a foul against McKay and booked him for diving. Sutton and a few others felt it was a harsh booking, however McKay folded purposely as Jozo got his foot on the ball. It wasn't quite clear initially from watching it on TV as Thomson pointed into the area and his previous almost had me sticking my foot through the telly. Grudgingly, credit to Thomson for the decision.

Although he firmly * up any sympathy in the 2nd half.

The 2nd half continued in much the same pattern, apparently a more even half of football according to Pundits. Granted the Zombies did venture forward and even into our box on at least 2 occasions, one of which Simunovic made a good block from Holt. Again we continued to probe through the middle and as the half wore on, the Zombies defence began to creak a bit more. Thomson came to the fore when it looked like we had finally broke the deadlock. Clint Hill was dug out a massive hole by Thomson, first off he misjudged the flight of the delivery from Sinclair as he stepped in front of Sviatchenko. After realising this he made a desperate attempt to imped Sviatchenko, who held him off. Sviatchenko then guided the ball home with a glancing header into the net, while Hill flopped to the ground. Thomson bought it and the goal was disallowed. A shambles of a decision. Unfortunately, not uncharacteristic of officials in Scotland.

It began to feel like it we were going to be cheated out of another semi-final by inept officiating. We made the 1st change when Armstrong replaced Bitton. The Hat brought on Garner(tadger) and Wagpen in what appeared to be attacking moves. Rogic fired wide,Dembele scuffed an effort at goal and Armstrong was denied by a good block from Gilks. Although the latter was a jammy * when Sinclair's free-kick rattled the crossbar and then back off his hand,before dropping nicely for him to scoop it up. Garner got close to a cross from Wallace, but it would have taken some effort to beat Gordon from his position. Rogic was replaced by Griffiths, with him and Dembele rotating between being the main forward and dropping into the position vacated by Rogic.

Finally we got the breakthrough. Following all the persistent and on purpose play through the middle, the goal came from a ball from the wide area. While throughout the game we had played to feet and through the midfield, we had occasionally gone direct into Dembele(with varying degrees of success). This occasion we went with a longer ball between Hill and Wallace(an area where the Zombies have struggled all season long). Griffiths used his body to hold off Wallace and moved towards the area, where Hill moved to close down. Wallace was lazy with his recovery and left an area for Griffiths to feed the bar into the near post for Dembele's run. Dembele then back flicked the ball between Kiernan and Gilks legs and into the net. No more than we deserved.

Griffths passed up a great opportunity to add another. An attempt at finishing that you usually see when a few goals in front. Griffiths was harshly done by right before the whistle and summed up Thomsons woeful 2nd half display. Griffiths misinterpreted Thomsons whistle blowing for a throw in as full time. He kicked the ball into the crowd thinking the game was over. Thomson instead of using common sense, grabbed his yellow card and booked Griffiths. Then 5 seconds later blew for full time.

Brown and Simunovic were the pick of the bunch for me. Brown bossed the midfield and allowed others to play the passes. Brown added badge kisser Halliday to his back pocket collection from these games this season(with his good buddy Joey). Although rarely troubled Simunovic made a great block from Holt and along with Sviatchenko they dealt with anything flung at them. Both subs contributed well, Armstrong gave us a bit more directness and influenced the latter stages(similar to his cameo in the 5-1 game).

As for the Sevco Franchise. Apparently he gap or gulf in quality has closed in since the 5-1 pumping. I think anyone holding that judgement after today has been clouded by the score-line and not the actual game.

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The gulf in class has closed according to Warburton but this was the same * who denied a gulf even existed after the 5-1 pounding.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Ha that's a good point actually

5. doctor venglos

The toast man was prattling on like a demented bunny in his interview. Must know his jaikit is on a shoogly nail with the Ranger's fans. Saw McInnes in the stand too.He's maybe thinking he will get his job soon.

Dr. Frasier Crane likes this.
  6. wulliebad

zombie keeper saying they showed today there is no gulf and they out played us for big chunks of the game.......the * made so many saves his hands will be in ice for a week.

7. Lubofan 81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Not been on this site on ages so today seemed a good time to jump back in. Great display today. An utter 1-0 gubbing of the funny mob and big Jozo continues his steady improvement. Bring on the Dons

The Afterman likes this.
  8. Keano88

Delusional.

image.png

9. Dr. Frasier Crane

I can't believe they even had 8 shots. I only remember 2 hitting the target as well.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I rewatched the game and didn't count 8 attempts for them. :56:

11. Dr. Frasier Crane

There's * no chance they had 8 attempts. Unless they are counting blocked shots for them? You know they're * when even the * on Sportscene are saying there's a gulf.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think they're counting a couple of the crosses that went to no-one. :56:

Dr. Frasier Crane likes this.
  13. Dr. Frasier Crane

Must be. They hadn't had a shot on goal after 70 ish minute, there's no way they suddenly had 8.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I expect Aberdeen will be a much tougher test TBH. In a one-off game, they definitely have a chance against us.

15. Dr. Frasier Crane

I'll be a lot more nervous playing them in the final than I was leading up to todays game.

Random Review likes this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yup, exactly what I'm thinking too.

17. Dr. Frasier Crane

The only thing I think might work in our favour is Aberdeen might actually try to win the game, unlike Rangers who just tried not to lose it. The final will be a better game football wise anyway.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. BruceLeeBhoy

Thought Broony was top class again today completely dominated them from first to last.

As a team though we were all good apart from Nir Naecunt.

Dominated them, pressed them squeezed them harrased the life out of them but lets be hinest here it was not a difficult game they are a mid table spl team pretending to be title contenders( in their own imaginations)

There is absolutely no rivalry here other than between the fans thats it and we all know what fns have the upper hand for now and forecer.

Their spending money and paying good wages and they are still spl also rans.

Hilarious.

the only pity it was only 1-0 or is that also a cruel twist of fate to give them hope?

20. Al Bootyerbaws

Double act. Griff n Dembele. We should be buildin the team around them man.