1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's on the bench

2. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Every time this gets bumped when he's on International duty I fear the worst. It's good to know the Sweden manager realises though Lustig can't play two games in a matter of days.

3. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    Good solid right back, nice to have Gamboa as well, tend to play Gamboa when I am Celtic on Fifa manager mode, love a pacey right back.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are sweating over the fitness of defender Mikael Lustig after he injured his knee on World Cup duty for Sweden

The 29-year-old pulled out of Monday’s qualifier against Bulgaria just a few hours before kick-off.

Now Parkhead manager Brendan Rodgers faces a worrying wait before medics assess the extent of his injury setback.

Celtic are entering a critical 11-day spell with upcoming games against Motherwell, Borussia Monchengladbach and Rangers.

Swedish FA spokesman Niklas Bodell said: “Mikael took a hit to his knee in the game against Luxembourg.

“He felt it in training before the Bulgaria game and it hurt him when he ran.

“The medical team tested him before the game and stated he could not play.”

Lustig scored the only goal of the game against Luxembourg in the first part of Sweden’s double-header.

The full-back, 29, has featured in all but two of Celtic’s games this season under Rodgers.

Lustig limped out of Euro 2016 after one game with a knee injury but had battled back to full fitness.

5. Derrybhoy1

6. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The * is wrong with Lustig's legs ffs.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The guys like bambi :56:I often think his legs run like they're a separate entity to the rest of him :56:

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This is the reason we got Gamboa in. Time to step up.

ApartPidgeon likes this.
  9. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    id give gamboda half at motherwell

10. Captain_Mjällby

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Maj
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Scored an important goal against luxemburg, thinks theres no doubt about him being nr 1 in both celtic and national team, but im glad we got backup in gamboa, Mikael seem to be made of glass somtimes :fear:

11. TheHappyLoss

He's got incredibly skinny legs for a footballer. To be fair he's hardly missed a game in the last year

12. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    It's not a serious injury, that's the main thing, will keep him out this weekend but hopefully he'll be fine for next week.

Gamboa gives me the fear man but it's still early days, although he couldn't even close down Billy King ffs! Don't mind seeing Gamboa up against Motherwell as he'll be a lot more fitter and settled now after training with us the last 5-6 weeks but If Lustig doesn't make BMGB next week then the thought of Gamboa coming up against Thorgan Hazard and Raffael is rather scary.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Quite annoying that he's now went on international duty and came back injured twice in the space of about 3/4 months.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    How long is he out for?

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Don't know but reading that article up the page it doesn't seem too bad. Maybe just miss the weekend match...I hope it's only that.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope so, his form recently has been top notch.

17. z1c0

Another one that could do with retiring from international football. He's far too passionate a guy though and most definitely wont give up playing for his country.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic set to offer a new contract to "wonderful" Mikael Lustig

MIKAEL LUSTIG will be offered a new contract by Celtic after impressing Brendan Rodgers with his performances this season.

The 29-year-old’s current deal comes to an end next summer and while recently the player admitted that no talks had taken place between himself and the club regarding him staying beyond this season, his manager spoke to him this week about extending his stay in Glasgow.

Swedish international Lustig, who signed for Celtic five years ago, has had problems with injury but made his 150th appearance for the club against Manchester City and his form over the past few months has been consistently impressive.

"Mikael is someone I definitely want to keep at the club,” said Rodgers. “I actually spoke to him on Thursday about that.

"He is a player I've been really impressed with since I've been here. He's been consistently available, and he's played a lot of games and has great maturity.

"Mikael is a wonderful guy for the team and is an international player. He's 29 and is at the peak of his career. For me, he's been outstanding.

"Mikael is the type of player I want to have here to help create and build something. I'm sure him and his representatives will speak to the club and hopefully organise that.”

Only last month, Lustig made it clear he did not want to leave Celtic. He said: "I want to stay. I’m really happy here and have been here for five years. I’ve loved every minute of my time here.”

Lustig may miss Saturday’s home match against Motherwell after picking up a slight knock while on international duty, which also happened to Nir Bitton who is a doubt.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Great news. He's been on top form this season and other than last season (for about half of it anyway) he's Mr Dependable.

20. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Great news. Shouldn't take long to complete that deal, both sides seem very keen on sticking around. BR hit the nail on the head, he's the type of player you want to build your team with.