1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Enough is enough......

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by williamf, Aug 18, 2016.

Discuss Enough is enough...... in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :50:

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

It's humbling to think such as small gesture means so much to so many.

3. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Great stuff. :50:

4. Aidan O’Shea

Most of the ones saying 'respect from Malaysia' are probably just doing it for attention though.:smiley-laughing002:

5. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This isn't a matter of Celtic fans being politicised or if we should be punished by the governing body.

This is a matter of right and wrong. We have been forced, due to a political decision from UEFA, to play a team that were unwelcome in their own continent. Their decision to thrust Israel upon the European football scene has caused right minded individuals to protest against a fascist, racist, Apartheid state. Everyone who flew a Palestinian flag was correct to do so. It shows the world that people will not roll over and accept Apartheid. It shows the world that people will not accept a brutal occupation and blind aggression against a minority based upon religion and perceived supremacy.

I salute all who were there and hope that enough people around the world decide to back the side of the downtrodden Palestinian people. It's time the world backed a full sporting boycott against this vile ideology of Zionism, just like they did against the white ruling regime in South Africa.

Anyone who bemoans their fellow Celtic fans for a political display is a fool. When you fail to take the side of the oppressed against an aggressor, your apathy brings acceptance of the despotic acts of brutality that occur.

The OP and his ilk are part of the problem, and it transcends Football. It's about common decency and standing up to oppression, even if that act gets you into some trouble.

Viva Palestine. To my friends who bought and displayed flags, I salute you. History will prove that you are on the side of right.

6. ynwa1987

Your right, we are a diverse group and a club for all. So then who are you to dictate the way in which fans show their support.

No one is forcing you to fly a Palestinian flag and you dont have the right to force people to adhere to the way you support Celtic , that is just selfish.

Personally I wouldn't be flying the Palestine flag at Parkhead but I support the rights of others to do that and im proud that politics and Celtic are closely intertwined.

I also respect the right of people who want to support Celtic in any way they choose.

7. ynwa1987

Code:

Id imagine it pays for their Christmas night out.

8. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    keep politics out of football ??

nothing wrong with that.

9. ynwa1987

Those comments on our page and what the show of solidarity meant to people all over the globe are worth alot more than the fine we are going to get.

You cant put a price on that.

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Pipe dream.

11. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I think the Green Brigade got their protest spot on last night. It was organised and deliberate and no matter what your thoughts, it seems to have gained notice around the world. We were always going to get a fine or whatever from UEFA so better to be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

I believe politics can cause problems in sport, but I also abhor what is happening in Palestine and sometimes the right thing is the right thing, whether we are told not to do it or not. So bravo for last night. I felt quite proud of the stance they took.

12. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    never understood the reason to go to a football match, pay £30 for a ticket, then protest against some military junta/country/public figure or any other political idea that is currently the flavour of the month. would it not be more beneficial to the downtrodden afflicted by these hated figureheads if the ticket cost was sent to aid agencies helping the victims, rather than spending money to wave a wee flag ? or does self congratulations and plaudits from random people on the net mean more to the individual than actually helping financially ?

13. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    No because sending £30 doesn't get the message out to millions of people worldwide.

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Complete pish :56:

How do you know what else the folk waving" wee flags" do outside of the game ?

15. ynwa1987

The show of solidarity is something you cant put a price on. You only have to look at twitter to see what it meant to people all over the Arab world to see that show of support.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    O.k then William. But this is a two way street. The club must stop using the fans for their own agenda. I.E. Barca 125 year display, payed for and organised by the GB. Club made some money selling that image in store. Also the green anorak/jacket the club was selling for £50 is exactly the same style of coat the GB wear. Horses for courses. Football and politics have and always will go hand in hand.

17. This Charming Man

It's time to accept that the 'club open for all' only applies to certain people and ideologies and is just a fallacy spouted by those who profess to be open and tolerant, but instead are disgusted and even offended by opposing views.

18. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

The OP could've easily just served as a post in the relevant threads where discussions like these have already taken place 1,000 times.It's not like william's * opinion is even worth a thread of its own anyway.

19. Higgie

This.

100%

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The hypocrisy of UEFA, who allow Israel to compete in Europe because of political reasons..

What I would like is the club to fight the sanction and be true to its roots, a club that's always stood up to oppression.

The OP is entitled to his opinion tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.