1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Motherwell League Cup last 16 19:45 K/O Live BT Sports 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Celtic v Motherwell League Cup last 16 19:45 K/O Live BT Sports 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BruceLeeBhoy

Dembele ...... - Sinclair ......- Griff - ..... Roberts -... Rogic
    25-30 ......... 15-20...... 30- 40.... ... 20- 25.... .. 10- 15

something like that

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Once again Crow...thank you....that's probably one of the best post match interviews I've seen.....so casual and instead of some journo looking for a soundbite, it was Celtic men asking solid Q's or having an opinion that matter to them as well as the fans.....worth mentioning....BR had no problem answering straight forward Q's in an unguarded manner when it's obvious that he's in great company and nobody is looking for tomorrows headline.Hail Hail

4. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I thought that there were some fantastic goals scored tonight.....I just can't make up my mind if M/well are * or we were just that good :celt_2:, however, some of the play was fantastic to watch and it seemed that there's a real hunger in the team and that the players are really playing for their right to play in the next match....long time coming but thank * it's here: Hail Hail

5. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Top stuff Crow.

Who's the * commentating saying Sinclair went down soft? Saltiest * I've heard on BT.

6. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Fantastic performance last night. So so good going forward, getting in behind a team that wanted to sit in, a first for a long time. The most pleasing thing is we have so much more to come, we are still a work in progress. And to listen to Brendan post match interview was refreshing. Intelligent , articulate and knows exactly what he wants. So good to be a Tim . Buzzing for the next game already !!

7. murphy88

We were superb last night. We played the game at a great tempo, and Motherwell just couldn't cope with our pressing game when we lost the ball. A few players seem to have been given a new lease of life under Rodgers, in particular, James Forrest, who I've criticised heavily over the past couple of years. Something I was very pleased with, was our attitude even when the game was won. Every player was still working hard to get the ball back for us, and we were still hungry for more goals.

Delighted that Dembele has got one from open play now, and Scott Sincalir looks like he has been playing here for years. Settled in superbly well, and you can already see he is a cut above in my opinion. Glad to see Rogic getting minutes and playing well, when we go with one behind the striker, it simply has to be him that plays. He is by far our best option for that role. He looked more energetic last night than what we have seen in the past as well I thought. I would be inclined to give him a run at centre midfield if we aren't playing someone in the number 10 role. I think we miss a trick when he is left out. McGregor was a bit disappointing again I felt, even though it was a fantastic ball to set up the opener. He just hasn't kicked on from his good run of form last season.

All this without Griffiths and Roberts as well. Early days, but I think we are seeing the makings of a pretty exciting team.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Cheers for the highlights, interview and match crow. Missed all of it so very much appreciated.
    Yeah noticed he done similar on sky at the weekend, though McCann tried to hard to suck up to him and look like he was in the know.

Great to see Rodgers come on and actually talk about the game, talk about the development and attitude of the players.

Things like talking about Forrest, a lot on here don't rate him or think he is hot and cold, fair enough. But listening to Rodgers talk about him you get a real feeling for what he sees and wants from wee James. And so long as he works his * off, good.

Same for the transfer questions, great to hear him be honest with what he wants in the team (someone with a bit of magic, a target man, play football) and we are getting it. Also good to hear he wants two more this window. Now ifs buts or maybes. Straight up he wants two players this window and he sounds confident that the board know this and are doing their best. Did not expect him to name the positions, would be suicide both in the media and for the squad. But I'm sure most of us can assume a goalkeeper and a midfielder.
    He has his wide men sorted, he has his target man. He brought his defender in and is happy with the others. Left and right back he doesn't need to touch. It pretty much leaves midfield and keeper if he is naming just two.

As for the game and goals, great to see some good forward movement and play. Last season was too much side way passing and no movement up top. Got frustrating and the fans show that (see the comments last week about Rodgers telling us to be patient). We know teams play 10 behind the ball, but look at that first goal, passing and probing with movement in the box to create something. Not just standing still waiting for an error from Motherwell to open space, but actually making them work and creating the space and pass for ourself

Really chuffed with Rodgers and this team just now. Really hope he gets the two players he wants and I really hope the team give it their all. There will be times the team falls short, we just need to keep showing the same determination and passion and the season will be great.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Stephen Craigan. Used to play for Motherwell and NI. He's a bitter hun.

10. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    some of the football we played last night was immense knocked it around at pace one way traffic. Sinclair looks better every game all got pass marks last night and looked solid at the back

11. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Personally think that was better than *anything* played under Deila (and I was a big defender of RD).

12. Dáibhí

Impressed by how we got the job done, but like I said before the game, we can't take too much away from a win like that over Motherwell. They're usually chronic against us for the most part, and even Deila managed to negotiate a 7-0 win over them last season.

Still, onwards & upwards.

13. Aidan O’Shea

Lubo Moravcik is still my favourite ever Celtic player. What a man.

14. Aidan O’Shea

Aye, he's from Ards. Absolute wankfuck.

15. murphy88

We were also beaten at Celtic Park by them last season. The 7-0 game was as good as we played all season, but also, bear in mind, it was a dead rubber game, where the Motherwell players were already on the beach so to speak. The other wins against them last season were only by 1 goal margins as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016
  16. Dáibhí

Aye, but out of most SPFL teams Motherwell are the one who tend to crumble against both us and the Huns. I had absolutely no fear that we were ever going to lose that game last night. No fear at all.

If it were Accies, St Johnstone, Inverness etc? I'd have had a wee doubt until we scored. But not Motherwell, especially under McGhee.

17. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    When the players came out for the second-half, it was great to see them speaking to each other. They really do look more like a team now.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Cheers, Crow. :50:

19. murphy88

Out of the teams you mentioned, Motherwell were the only ones to record a win at Celtic Park last season, under Mark McGhee.

20. Aidan O’Shea

Because he's a Tim? :icon_mrgreen: